People nowadays are more like to be surrounded by the new technologies and these new inventions are helping us on our daily basis work. Be it office work, school projects, families reuniting over social media, entertainment sources etc. And here we know, internet is the ultimate blessing for us in our life.
And by the means of routers we are able to use it. So, we’ll be talking about the top 10 best wireless routers, you should be buying this year.
Wireless routers provide various kinds of networks according to our requirements such as wired LAN (local area network), wireless-only LAN (WLAN), or in a mixed wireless network, depending on the manufacturer of the model. A wireless router is a device that plays the role of a router and also performs the functions of a wireless access point.
It provides access to the Internet or a private computer network. In today’s digital life, concept of wires is becoming outdated from computer to laptop, telephones to mobile; everything has become wireless now and thus, hassle free. Thanks to Wireless network we no longer need to run the network cables around the house or building.
We have made a list of top best wireless routers for you with their best useful features, advantages and limitations as well so that with all the necessary information of a model you can easily make the best choice.
So here is list of top best 10 Wireless Routers of 2018 with buyer’s guide
1)TP Link Archer AC3200 Wireless Tri-Band Gigabit Router
Archer AC3200 is the top best wireless router. Let’s suppose if you have a high-traffic network with multiple clients vying for bandwidth, you may want to get upgraded router. Dual-band models offer one 2.4GHz and one 5GHz Wi-Fi band, and two 5GHz bands. The extra 5GHz band goes a long way in easing wireless network and gives you more control over how clients connect wirelessly.
- The C3200 brings a clean and simple management interface.
- provides the usual basic settings page alongside advanced pages for each Wi-Fi band.
- On the router itself you can initiate WPS, disable LED lights and switch Wi-Fi on and off.
- It is used for lots of management features,
- Good close-proximity 5GHz throughput and
- relatively fast file-transfer speeds in testing.
- It is expensive for the normal daily basis work and also have multiple features which is not very easy to get.
The AC5400 comes with a single 2.4GHz band that can easily reach up to 1000 Mbps. It adds up to a whopping 5.3Gbps. This router brings various features including MU-MIMO, dual-core CPU, and eight adjustable antennas. Its known as coolest feature “Smart Connect”, which allow you assign separate SSIDs for the two 5GHz bands, and let you to have one network purely for your gaming desktop computer, and another for media streaming or professional work too.
Next Generation of AC2 Wi-Fi utilizes Multi-User MIMO technology which improves productivity in your home office while keeping your family’s Wi-Fi devices online every time at the same time and the same speed.
- It provides speed of 802.11ac can excess up to 5.3Gbps.
- This router is perfect for 4K / HD TV with Next-Gen AC MU-MIMO technology.
- It has Tri-band technology for combined speeds of up to 5.3 Gbps.
- It offers seamless roaming
- It has remotely monitor and control the network with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
- 8 Gigabit ports and USB 3.0 for fast wired connections for you.
- It has advanced connectivity with Eight Gigabit Ethernet Ports.
- It easily Enable Seamless Roaming by pairing Max-Stream Routers with Max-Stream Range Extenders.
- Good Tri-Band Wi-Fi offers a third, dedicated high-speed band to reduce buffering and lag.
- 8 Gigabit ports to increase speed 10x faster than standard Ethernet for your printers, consoles, and Smart TVs work.
- It gives you backed by 3-Year Warranty and Tech Support.
- Easy to setup
- This model is also very expensive,
- Not easily available in the market, and
- Multiple features which is hard to understand.
The Asus RT-AC88U comes in the market with average pricing with unrivalled record-breaking wireless performance. It has four antennas and NitroQAM technology, which pushes speeds up. Design of this router is good; the router is enclosed in a matte-black housing. It has LED indicators on front paneled to indicate status of different ports and internet.
- Expansive Connectivity Options which means it has exclusively 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to 8 Ethernet-compatible devices to connect.
- Very powerful 1.4 GHz dual-core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100mbps speed and the router download/upload speed is up to 1.8gbps.
- Smart Connect implies this router automatically chooses the best band available for you.
- Great number of ports and control features.
- Fast results.
- For multiple users, it offers Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO).
- High price tag.
- File-transfer speed is average.
4) Netgear Nighthawk X4S VDSL/ADSL Modem Router D7800
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 is made its place on top 5 WiFi. VDSL/ADSL Modem Router with MU-MIMO and Quad Stream technology provides WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously for faster speeds. You can get ultimate WiFi speeds of up to 2.53Gbps, with a powerful 1.4GHz dual core processor. Enjoy smoother streaming and gaming by prioritizing application and device with Dynamic QoS. The software is pretty good too.
- It is not compatible with cable broadband ISPs such as Hathway, ACT, Tikona, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet etc.
- It has Fast Internet transmission of up to 24 Mbps downstream, 1 Mbps upstream.
- Wireless speed is up to 54 Mbps (802.11g) and 300 Mbps (802.11n)1.
- A wireless ON and OFF button is also included for user’s convenience.
- It gives you Impressive throughput speed at 5GHz and also Multi-User Multiple Input with Multiple Output.
- It offers great management through variety of options.
- This is Expensive.
- Mediocre file-transfer speed.
Nighthawk is a serious player for 5GHz and MU-MIMO market and it is very user friendly.
Linksys WRT1900ACS is a less expensive router in the list than the list, and it doesn’t offer the same blistering performance as others do, it still packs performance and great software. Internals of this router are very powerful. A dual-core 1.6 GHz processor and 512MB of memory drives a great-looking software interface and with a built-in VPN, great wireless range as well as fast external connectivity via USB.
It provides the Linksys Smart WiFi software with network Map through which you can easily see all connected devices on a single screen, track status and network strength of the devices. In addition to 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the router gives best connectivity to wired devices via USB 3.0 port and dual eSATA/USB 2.0 port too and letting you transfer huge files without the wait.
- Wireless-AC is up to 4.3x and dual-band speed up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5 GHz) for media.
- It has 4 high-performance antennas to enhance dual-band communication with others; four external, adjustable antennas ensure supreme Wi-Fi.
- Dual Core 1.6 GHz CPU is the best powerful CPU which promotes simultaneous high-speed data processing allowing multiple users to work online, stream movies, and transfer files without lagging.
- You can share content via an external storage device with ultra-fast data transfer speeds.
- This router is not very expensive.
- It delivers very fast throughput speed in certainly long range.
- It has impressive design.
- Also provide sharp network storage speed.
- WRT1900ACS has very long range and very fast speed.
- Time Machine backup is not available for Mac users.
6) D-Link DIR 890L – Best Range Wireless Router
The next modem that we will talk about is one of the top wireless routers from D-Link, this company is well known when. It comes to routers and this D-Link company has a long history of providing some of the best networking products and the AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi DIR-890 is the next big thing that this company has to offer to the digital world. And the fact here is that, it is one of the most stylish looking wireless routers we have encountered.
There are many routers in the market that do beat this one from the D-Link in terms of look and the style, but looks shouldn’t matter when this router has a lot more than just looks to offer to you unlike many other routers in the market these days.
Because what eyes see isn’t always true, there are a lot things hidden and locked which should be unlocked so that we can find out how useful they are to us. Whether you find the unique and sharp design of the router interesting and useful or not but a number of features this router provides you with; the DIR-890 by D-Link is preferably one of the best routers in market currently, although it does prefer style over the substance but it also manages to give you a respectable and quite a trustworthy performance.
A few tests have been done on this D-Link router and these tests reveal that the router is quite easy to setup, very fast and is also very easy to use for the customers, and it also has a good speed/range when we use it for the purpose of Wi-Fi.
Another great feature that this router offers you with is that it comes with the ability to be doubled up as a NAS by adding on an external hard drive to it. This router has an overall red build that is complimented with the black colored accents. So, let’s talk about all the amazing features this router has to offer us.
- This stylish router has a height of about 10.2 Centimeters which is called as the medium size and it can be accommodated very easily in any place.
- The router has a width of about 38.1 Centimeters.
- Overall dimensions of the router is about 24.8 x 38.1 x 10.2 cm.
- It has 2 processor count to offer and has an 802.11 A/C, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency as well as 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- It possesses the Smart Connect Technology that lets you choose from the Wi-Fi bands and gets connected with each device automatically in order to deliver a reliable connection every time.
- It has the parental controls features which has the ability to block the unwanted sites and also can monitor regularly, your internet activities which in turn makes this router safe and secure
- They possess the stellar build quality as well as some amazing aesthetics.
- It is an Incredibly fast router and is also problem free and offers you a decent range.
- The router is quite easy to setup and easy to use as well.
- While using this router one thing to keep in mind is that the DIR-890 is a tri-band router, and if you are a genetic consumer who wants just a router for normal use, then this one is something that you should avoid.
- The antennas that they possess cannot be detached.
- The price isn’t pocket friendly for much of the customers.
So, here’s a yet another router from this amazingly promising brand of Asus. This is a tri-band router that comes along with quite a hefty price tag, but the matter of fact is that there are a number of features that are packed into this router alone and these features alone are enough to justify the high price of this item.
If you are willing to spend your money on a router that you wish should give you extremely good performance and plenty and plenty of features than this is what you are looking for.
So, If you are a networking enthusiast, then you should check out all the details and the features of the RT-AC3200 by Asus for sure. The RT-AC3200 is one router that is built for network enthusiasts and basically for the people who genuinely enjoy the top-tier hardware, the router is incredibly fast and has passed almost every speed test it has gone through, and has a really good performance over Wi-Fi, with respectable range.
The router also has an extremely outstanding web interface that makes it easy to setup. So, given below are some of the features this router offers you with:
- This router provides you with the world’s fastest combined data rate of 3200 Mbps
- This router from the brand of Acer allows every device to work at a very high speed,
- It makes sure that there isn’t any lag when it comes to online gaming, also it has smooth 4K/UHD video streams, and effortless downloading feature as well.
- The tri-Band Smart Connect selects automatically the fastest of the three frequency bands that are available for each device, which is basically based on the speed of the device, signal strength and that how busy each band is.
- It has a built-in USB 2.0 as well as USB 3.0 ports which are about 10-times as faster as the data transfers to USB storage devices1, it has the printer sharing feature and 3G/4G dongle support.
- The graphical user interface of ASUSWRT is for easy, CD-free 30-second setup as well as a hassle-free advanced control of the network.
- ASUS AiCloud 2.0 allows you to access, sync, share and also to stream your files anywhere, on any internet-connected device.
- This router is 9.4 centimeters high.
- It is about is 23.6 centimeters wide.
- This router comes with an incredibly powerful hardware.
- The speed on each and every band is ultimate and has no flaws.
- It does provide you with an added security.
- The Router can work as a NAS server as well as OpenVPN server.
- The router maybe bulky at times.
So, the next router we will be talking about is the Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena. Though not very expensive router, this router comes with a plethora of features that are enough for each consumer including the average consumer and people who are looking to have some more.
The router manages to fair pretty well in almost every testing that it has gone through, although the router doesn’t have a lot of features unlike some other in the market, but the ones it has are properly polished and don’t require you to spend countless hours trying to figure out what is what.
The router control panel is amazingly responsive, and very easy when it comes to setting up. This router also comes with a powerful hardware that should keep it afloat without giving any performance issues. So, here let us talk about this device a little bit in detail.
- The 1.4GHz dual core Qualcomm Processor provided by this router along with the 4 simultaneous Wi-Fi streams are designed in order to handle heavy traffic with ease.
- The high Power Wi-Fi of this router delivers you a whole home coverage and also comes with around 16 powerful amplifiers and 4 high gain antennas.
- The Unmatched AC2600 Wi-Fi has the Speed of about up to 2.53Gbps, 2.4GHz 800Mbps + 5GHz 1733Mbps.
- It has the Multi User MIMO which is designed to deliver data to multiple devices at a single go for a better performance and with up to 3x more speed.
- It provides you gaming experience without any lag and stream HD and 4K media to multiple devices at just one go, without the need of buffering.
- The performance of this Wi-Fi router is far better regardless of the number of devices it is connected to.
- The setting up of the router is quite easy and anyone who has a little knowledge about networking can do it.
- High price can be the issue for some buyers
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 is the best wi-fi router under $100.This router is especially for people who are gamers and enjoy games on the internet as well as streaming, thanks to the fact that this router has a combined speed of 1.75 Gbps. The router has a total of 6 antennas, 3 of them are external while the remaining 3 are internal.
There are more number of antennas to provide you with a respectable amount of Wi-Fi range and the speed also happens to be respectable enough. The router also comes with NAS capability, but don’t get too excited as it is only average. let us focus on some features of this product.
- It provides us with an Internet access via the ADSL service and also creates a wired sharing network.
- The live parental controlling feature allow the parents to establish a restricted access policies for their children or staff.
- It works with ADSL standards for Up to 24 Mbps downstream.
- The IP QoS features for an improved bandwidth control across the network
- It supports 802.11ac standard which is called as the next generation of Wi-Fi
- It has a simultaneous 2.4GHz, 450Mbps and 5GHz, 1300Mbps connections for about 1.75Gbps of the total available bandwidth.
- The dual USB 2.0 Ports have the ability to easily share a printer locally and files as well as the media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server.
- It is a budget friendly router.
- It has quite a respectable performance on each band.
- NAS capability is one of the best add on.
- The Average build quality is only plastic.
10) [easyazon_image align="none" height="500" identifier="B00DB9WCR6" locale="US" src="http://www.bloggersideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/31ncCSk22BtL.jpg" tag="techdig02-20" width="300"]
The router is unconventionally named AirPort Extreme Base Station. Although it has an amazingly stunning look, this router is actually very capable and performs really well. The router is quite fast in all the tests it has undergone, another interesting thing about this router is the amount of Wi-Fi stability and speed it provides. So, let’s talk about this device in detail.
- Height of the item is 12.2 centimeters.
- Width of the item is 12 centimeters.
- It has a Mac hardware platform.
- With amazing 802.11ac. this product is the new definition of fast.
- It has a Simultaneous dual-band support
- The router is a definitive looker.
- The performance that it has to offer is speedy and impeccable.
- Very easy to set up and even easier to use.
- All the upgrades over the predecessor are always subjective.
Over To You: Which is Your Favorite Wireless Router 2018
So, these are top best 10 wireless routers 2018 you should go for with all its pros and cons. You can choose according to your need. Drop a comment below about your current router and let us know how is it.