What is Managed Hosting?
Answering exactly this question would be little ambivalent. This leads every service provider deliver a different version of service under the same heading of “managed hosting” with a slight changes in service provided. Dedicated hosting extension is basically a managed hosting where the hosting provider owns the server and further gives it on rent/lease to the client for usage. But this doesn’t mean at all that the management and maintenance of the server is handled by the client. NO. The hosting provider himself handles it.
Service providers use different-different words such as fully managed to showcase their managed hosting plans. This creates ambiguity among the user. Few assume the plan is fully managed while others think that the technical support received from hosting companies is not sufficient. So the end conclusion is: higher the price, more is the technical support provided.
When you opt for a fully managed hosting package or plan, your website is managed and taken care regularly by an experienced webmaster. The crux is you don’t have to worry about the bugs and errors, when the server is down or any other technical problem. The hosting provider will take care of it. What you have to do is sit back and relax.
Apart from fully managed hosting there are partial managed web hosting also available in the market. In this also the support staff of hosting provider looks after your website but the user too has to perform certain administrative functions in order to maintain the website. Here the user has more control and management over their own server. So, it is recommended to prior check how much support your hosting provider is providing before you jump on to a final decision.
Attention : Top 23 Best Rated Web Hosting Services Of 2017
Managed hosting is considered good for small and medium sized business as it is not feasible for them to hire a full-time in house webmaster. Since every business demands proper attention and care, it is advisable to opt for managed hosting so that the entire maintenance is taken care by the professionals and provide you with best solutions.
List of Best Cheap Managed Hosting Providers of 2018 with Reviews
|Rank||Web Hosting||Basic Features||Advanced Features||Review|
Top Notch Managed Hosting
Best Business Manged Hosting
Fast VPS Hosting
Best Uptime and Support
Best Business Hosting
1) Bluehost Managed Solutions
- 2 CPU cores
- 2 GB RAM
- 30 GB SSD storage
- 1 TB bandwidth allowance
- 1 dedicated IP address
- a free domain name
- fully managed
- CentOS 6.5 operating system
- WebHost Manager + cPanel 11 control panel + Apache web server
Using open source technology like OpenStack and KVM, we offer VPS that is both powerful and easy to Bluehost.
Every VPS configuration includes their improved cPanel interface. It features everything found in your shared solution, along with special tools for VPS management and WHM control.
VPS MANAGEMENT CONTROL PANEL
In GreeGeeks you will be able to control all aspects of your VPS through their proprietary VPS management portal making managing your virtual private server a piece of cake.
CPANEL/WHM LICENSE INCLUDED ($200/YR VALUE)
In GreenGeeks your VPS will come pre-installed with cPanel/WHM allowing you to easily manage web hosting accounts, email addresses, MySQL databases and more.
FREE QUICK PROVISION
Once your order has been verified in GreenGeeks , your VPS will be ready to use in less than 60 seconds.
What is a Virtual Private Server (VPS)?
A virtual private server (VPS) is hosting technology that allows each VPS customer to receive their own dedicated resources of a server.
I have a VPS elsewhere, can you take care of the migration for me?
Yes, GreenGeeks can migrate your data from your existing provider free of charge under our site migration service.
How do I know how much Memory I need?
If you are unsure of which plan to select, get in touch with one of our hosting specialists, they will be more than happy to assist you to get on the right plan.
Are your VPS hosting plans fully managed?
Yes, customers who make use of cPanel/WHM will receive full management of their VPS. Installation of non-cPanel supported applications will not be supported by our technical support.
Enhanced Security Measures
Tell your problem to Inmotion & they will implement the best solutions to keep your server locked up. From setting up CSF/LFD or OSSsec, they will get you secured.
With extensive platform optimization experience, InMotion can implement the right solution for you. From setting up Varnish caching and APC, to tuning your LAMP environment, InMotion have you covered.
Giving You Back Time
Many tasks can and should be automated. InMotion can you help you setup server side crons to take care of these needlessly time consuming tasks for you.
All of InMotion VPS Hosting Packages Come With:
Resource Monitoring Dashboard
Unlimited Domains and Websites
Free Solid-State Drives
Custom Advanced Policy Firewall
Optional Root Access
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited MySQL Databases
Reseller Access with WHM
Justhost offers Linux- and Windows-based servers, easy-to-use website builder & good 24/7 customer service withno setup fee.
Justhost VPS solutions are built on powerful cloud technology that allow us to offer you more features and options in the future, giving you a guaranteed growth path.
Enhanced cPanel Control Panel
Justhost popular VPS configuration uses enhanced cPanel environment with a richer feature set than their competition.
Rackspace provides three types of cloud servers: open, private, and hybrid cloud. The choice of services you get with cloud servers is just stunnin
Get the raw performance of dedicated servers, storage, and networking — and customize your solution for high performance and I/O intensive applications.
Scale your dedicated hosting environment to the cloud of your choice — AWS, Microsoft Azure, or the Rackspace cloud — with RackConnect.
Your dedicated servers, storage, network capacity, and other solution components aren’t shared with noisy neighbors.
Advanatages of Managed Hosting Providers
The fully managed hosting usually includes, but is not limited to, the following features:
- Server Monitoring – This feature of managed hosting helps scan the servers in case of any irregularities or potential failures. These problems can be rectified before they take any major issues or service disruption.
- Security – When you are dealing with personal or vital data and information, it becomes very much important to keep it secure. Managed hosting help scan virus, spam filtering, firewall configuration and operating system updates in order to keep your data protected.
- Full Back-up and Storage – Losing vital and crucial data is a big loss for any company irrespective of the size. That is the why it is necessary to keep back up and store the data safely. Managed Hosting Providers provide both the physical and technical capabilities in place to carry out the back-up/storage process correctly in order to avoid losing the data.
- Server Configuration and Maintenance – The benefit of taking a managed hosting is that the user is provided with a dedicated webmaster to manage and maintain their website to keep it error free. They ensure that the hosting solution is initially configured properly which meets the user’s requirements effectively and subsequently in order to perform the necessary server maintenance to keep the platform running smoothly.
- Support – The most important feature of managed hosting is a dedicated staff for all technical support. If there is an issue, the qualified support will always take care of it. The support is provided either over the call 24*367 or via emails or both. It depends upon company’s policies and terms and conditions.
- Flexibility – Managed Hosting is not a one size fits all service. It can be customized and altered as per the need of the client in order to offer a solution tailored to suit the budget and requirements of their business.
- Reduced cost of operation – Managing everything is not everyone’s cup of tea. To manage technicalities one must be an expert. The resources required to manage hosting in-house can be very costly; with many businesses, the cost outweighs the benefits. So buying it from a hosting provider reduces the cost of operations and is manged and taken care in the most effective and professional manner.
The savings done by not hiring the webmaster in house can be utilized in an effective way to grow the business and reach out to more potential clients.
My Top Picks : List of Top Best Managed Hosting Providers of 2018: With Reviews
After reviewing each of these hosting providers, I’m a strong proponent of these 5 hosting providers.
Bluehost is for developers and bloggers who want features such as Git integration, staging area, and SSL support at low prices.
Their infrastructure technology include HHVM, automatic daily backups, real time malware monitoring, built-in redundancy, developer friendly tools (SSH + GIT + Staging + WP-CLI + REST API), SPDY SSL acceleration, PressCDN, and Press Armour.
What is your experience with above best managed hosting providers of 2017. Please share in the comments below !