Is BackupBuddy free? Where are BackupBuddy backups stored? BackupBuddy Pros and Cons! Let’s get started to find out the answers.
Do you need a reliable backup plugin for your WordPress website? A website that suddenly breaks after you’ve put in a lot of time and effort is one of the most frustrating things that can happen. You, on the other hand, have no reason for this to happen. If you’re looking for an easy-to-use backup solution for your WordPress site, then BackupBuddy is a great option for you.
A vast range of plugins and programmes are available to you, all of which can back up and even restore your data. One of the most effective and well-known plugins for accomplishing this is BackupBuddy.
BackupBuddy was created in response to developer requests for a feature-rich plugin that does more than just back up data and files.
When it comes to situations where a plugin like this is needed, BackupBuddy has been trusted by a lot of people because of that. Is it entitled to the trust of the people around it?
Is BackupBuddy free?
All current BackupBuddy, Plugin Suite, and Toolkit customers are eligible for a free upgrade to version 8.0. There are three easy ways to update your software: Upgrades to BackupBuddy can be performed straight from the WordPress > Updates page in your WordPress dashboard (for licenced sites).
Where are BackupBuddy backups stored?
As a result of using BackupBuddy to manually back up your website, the backup will be kept on your server in a directory or folder. As a result, creating a Remote Destination in BackupBuddy is critical if you want to save your backup files somewhere other than your computer.
BackupBuddy Pros and Cons
BackupBuddy is now one of the most extensively used plugins on the market due to the numerous advantages it offers. Probably because it is one of the most popular plugins available on the market. A user-friendly interface that can be used by programmers of all levels can be one of these Pros:
- Back up all your data, including your themes, plugins and any preferences.
- A variety of cloud storage solutions, including BackupBuddy’s own Stash.
- There are a variety of scheduling options to choose from when using BackupBuddy.
- Owned and operated by BackupBuddy itself.
- WordPress websites may be easily restored, and the service’s Live Stash cloud storage is first-rate.
- The ability to quickly restore, rollback, or migrate a website.
- Included are malware scans.
- Makes it simple and easy to restore WordPress websites. To get your backups started, simply follow the simple setup instructions.
Even BackupBuddy has some flaws that consumers should be aware of, as there is no perfect solution out there. Examples of these include the following:
- However, even though BackupBuddy is noted for its ease of use, some of the available options and features may still appear a little complex to people who are just getting started with the programme.
- There is no option for a one-time purchase; the fee is computed annually. Prepare to pay now and for the foreseeable future.
- There isn’t a risk-free trial period available for this product. No money will be returned if you decide you don’t want it.
- It is not compatible with some shared web hosting plans. Before utilizing this plugin, double-check your work.
- BackupBuddy Review: Is it the Best Backup Plugin?
- How to Backup your WordPress Blog with Updraftplus?
- BackupBuddy Alternatives: Top 3 Alternatives to BackupBuddy
- BackupBuddy Pricing Plans
Quite a few handy features are included in BackupBuddy. Is this the only choice available to people at this time?
Never in a million years. However, it has been around virtually from the inception of WordPress, and in that time it has built up a very substantial following and there is a good reason for it.
If you are concerned about the security of both your websites and the information they contain, purchasing this dependable plugin will be money well spent.
The absence of a return policy is one aspect of BackupBuddy that I find unsatisfactory. If you decide to utilise it and end up disliking it, you will not be able to receive a refund. Because there is no risk-free trial period, you are unable to put it through its paces to determine whether or not it will meet your needs. Before you decide to purchase it, check that you have properly read over the terms.
Despite this, I find that BackupBuddy meets my needs. It offers a slick user interface that even the most unskilled users would find simple to navigate and operate. Because there are instructive prompts displayed on-screen, it is difficult to become lost or confused throughout the process of backing up your data.
The quality of the plugin’s source code is quite impressive. BackupBuddy provides continuous upgrades and enhancements.