If you are looking for a quick and easy way to build a timetable/event calendar for your WordPress website, hurrah, you’ve come across a great list of freebies. These schedule plugins are great (and sometimes necessary) tools to inform the site visitors about the opening hours, scheduled events, tasks or any other types of events/lessons/classes you are dealing with.
If you’re are still doubtful about whether to use a timetable on your WordPress website, I should definitely tell you more about happy user experience you can provide. How did I find that a timetable in pdf or any other impractical format (at least for this kind of tool) is not going to fully satisfy your potential website users?
Made a small experiment: browsed some popular Chicago CrossFit website (no names, I did not have time to ask whether they would be happy about some black PR) trying to see its schedule and simply check how it looks on a real website.
Well, the ‘Schedule’ was actually a button linked to a pdf file with a table in a landscape page orientation, which was hardly readable even on a desktop (poor mobile phone users), so I had to save it to PC, open, press CTRL+ several times (to enlarge the table; of course, it’s hard to position ‘an event’ description in a small cell), made a lot of scrolling work trying to find all details about that Total Body class or whatever. In a word, it was tough.
It’s obvious that what is good for humans on your site simply can’t be bad for SEO rankings. On contrary, a satisfying user experience reached with presenting your content in a table (especially if this is a timetable or calendar event) plays a key role in improving your website and increasing the overall brand awareness.
Moral of the story is, if you want your business/hobby/school to be rewarded with more happy users/clients, provide them with these happy times of usability. Most of available free event calendars are able to ensure it on a high level. So, let’s revise them at last.
Table of Contents
Best WordPress Event Calendar and Timetable Plugins 2022
1) Wp Event Manager
WP Event Manager is a lightweight plugin for event registration which makes possible adding event listing functionality to your WordPress site.
Basically, with this plugin, you can showcase events and sell tickets for them. You can even let others submit their own events and charge for them. It is like a marketplace for events.
It can work with any theme, it is easy to setup, and most importantly it is free. The free version has all necessary options needed to create event management system.
The core plugin is free and always will be. It covers all functionality required to run a simple event listing site.
Advanced functionality is available through add-ons. For features like selling tickets, create alerts, event search by location, you can purchase appropriate addon.
You purchase only addons which you need. Addons extend the usefulness of the core plugin.
Check here : https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-event-manager/
- Fully Responsive
- Cross Browsers support ( Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera )
- Multilingual Translation – Internationalized Supported
- Completely ajaxified for super smooth browsing
- Add, manage, and categorise event listings using the familiar WordPress UI.
- Searchable & filterable ajax powered event listings added to your pages via shortcodes.
- Frontend forms for guests and registered users to submit & manage event listings.
- Allow event listers to preview their listing before it goes live. The preview matches the appearance of a live event listing.
- Each listing can be tied to an email or website address so that attendees can register to the events.
- Searches also display RSS links to allow attendees to be alerted to new events matching their search.
- Allow logged in organizers to view, edit, mark cancelled, or delete their active event listings.
- Compatible with SEO plugins
- RSS Feeds
- Event categories
- Easily create custom event field (e.g. dress code)
- Assign event locations and view events by location
- Widgets for Recents, Upcomming, Featured Events
- Plenty of template tags and shortcodes for use in your posts and pages
- Caching Support
- Developer friendly code, Custom Post Types, endpoints & template files.
- Debug Mode for Developers
- Actively maintained and supported
- Lots of documentation and tutorials
2) Spider Event Calendar
Spider Event Calendar (or WordPress Event Calendar) is a responsive slider that will help you add and customize multiple recurring events and display them in a classical calendar format. It also comes with an Upcoming events widget to be featured in a sidebar (very useful stuff, mostly all of good timetable plugins include it).
The plugin allows to set the preferable view modes: month, list, week, and day; all of them can be easily switched on the frontend by the website visitors. A one-day table cell can be filled in with multiple events (even by different categories). This plugin also has a demo version to see in action before installing on your site. Check a fuller list of the features below:
- Ability to add unlimited events, calendars, and events categories
- Upcoming Events feature in a list mode
- Previewing any event in details (in a pop-up window) and an option to supply it with any additional information and images)
- Option to display any needed date in the calendar by default (not only current one)
- Option to show leave only one view mode on the frontend
- Customizable categories
- Customizable colors for different events (including cell border colors)
- 12-hour and 24-hour time formats
- Frontend filters available.
3) My Calendar
This plugin is able to show all you scheduled events on pages, in posts and widgets. Mostly all of the customers reviews on the plugin’s page are positive making it even more trusted. My Calendar supports individual event calendars within WordPress Multisite, multiple calendars shown by categories, locations or author, or clean lists of upcoming events. Let’s check the core plugin features:
- Two view modes of events: grid and list
- Available widgets: today’s events, upcoming events, compact calendar, event search
- Ability to schedule multiple events
- Ability to show events by a day, week or month
- Support for compact widget view
- Ability to set a limit view by category
- Automatic events publishing to Twitter via WP to Twitter plugin
- Integrated guides to help you use shortcodes and template tags
- Integrated shortcode generator to help you customize Calendar views
4) Google Calendar Weekly Timetable
A very useful and tool to synchronize your Google Calendar with your website. This plugin lets you build custom weekly timetable in no time as basically you don’t need to construct it from scratch. It sounds like a real time saver for users who get used to working with Google Calendar.Let’s see how it actually works. It receives your Google calendar feeds and automatically displays them in a weekly timetable in a post. You can modify your timetable to be displayed as subtables devoted to different groups or categories. The plugins comes with the following features:
- Automatically adjustable timetable rows
- Optionally show all Google Calendar events in a single timetable
- 2 time formats (12 and 24 hours)
- Option to set a feed color
- Option to change styles (via CSS)
- Support for different time zones
- Multilanguage support.
5) MotoPress Timetable and Event Schedule
A fresh plugin from a popular and reliable WordPress plugins and themes provider. The plugin has already reached a great number of downloads and high rates. The plugin comes with all necessary functionality for timetabling unlimited events and featuring upcoming ones in a sidebar. It has a modern minimalist design and is highly flexible, namely, you can change its content, sizes, colors via user-friendly admin tools and shortcode. You are free to use this plugin to timetable different types of events: classes, conferences, concerts, festivals, ceremonies, parties, and much more. You may also preview the demo version of the plugin and check all details. More options can be found in this list:
- Option to customize a responsive design: the site administrator can manually set whether it should be a standard table with scrolls or a clean list view on mobile devices
- User-friendly shortcode toolkit (checkboxes) to customize ‘All Events’ view mode, Hours column, and the rest of options
- Ability to display/hide the needed columns and events when needed
- Opportunity to hide empty rows
- Support for event categories
- Accurate time intervals in the left timetable Hours column (it can be set to show 1 hour, 30 minutes, and 15 minutes)
- Two filtering styles for the website users: tabs and drop-down menu (suitable for different amount of events)
- Customizable event parameters (time, title, description) and individual Read More page for all events (with timeslosts and event details)
- Featured images for individual events
- Adjustable row height
- Sidebar Upcoming events widget (the widget is hidden when no upcoming events are scheduled)
A plugin with a lot to offer that comes with recurring events option, locations management, calendar, Google Map integration and even booking options. Reviewing the comments from customers regarding different event calendars, I noticed that a lot of them are looking exactly for such a feature-rich kind of a tool. Discover more options of the Events Manager below:
- Fast and easy event registration (support for event registration for more than one day )
- Advanced booking management
- Support for personal and group event types
- Multiple tickets support
- Rss feeds support
- Event submissions by website members and guest users
- Easily added custom events attributes
- Easy management of user permissions
- Events, locations and calendar widgets
- Google Calendar buttons
- Custom tags and shortcodes for posts and pages
- Well-documented plus video tutorials.
7)Event Calendar WD
Fast and easy plugin to create and publish your event calendar. It allows to build a clean-looking and elegant timetables and feature any types of events. Let’s get down to details:
- Supports different view modes: Month, Week, List and Day
- Ability to organize and show events by tags and categories
- Support for venues
- Ability to filter and search the needed events
- Google Maps integration
- Social share buttons
- And more useful options.
8)Sugar Events Calendar
The plugin creators made the main emphasis on the visual simplicity claiming that the rest of niche plugin may look too complex and overloaded with redundant options. On contrary, Sugar Calendar is simple, lightweight and comes with only bare-bone features. More possibilities include:
- Handy management tools
- Ajax-enabled calendar view
- Events custom post type
- Opportunity to set and customize event dates, start and end time
- Events Archive, Listed by Date of Occurrence.
9)The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe
The Events Calendar is one of the top popular and constantly updated niche plugins. It doesn’t use a shortcode and is easily customizable with a user-friendly admin tool. The plugin creators also provide you with a quick Get started tour to help understand how it works faster. If you wish to get the all-inclusive, you can buy some additional addons, they offer a lot of useful functionality (e.g. selling tickets option, widgets, custom event attributes). More features of a free version are as follows:
- Responsive design
- Saved organizers and venues
- Calendar month view with tooltips
- Several view modes: list and day
- Handy event filtering and search
- Upcoming Events widget list
- Event taxonomies support (events, support)
- Compatible with major theme frameworks such as Avada, Genesis, Woo Themes, Thesis
- Cashing support
- Translated into many languages.
Conclusion : Best WordPress Event Calendar and Timetable Plugins
Hopefully, I can rest assured that this small research for Free WordPress Event Calendar and Timetable Plugins 2018 helps you in best way.