Today, we all use WordPress as a medium to build and grow our businesses. Websites are the stepping stones toward a dream business for every business person and blogger.
But, as the business grows and expands more, there arises a need to keep everything in a systematic form. The details of the clients should be maintained in a systematic form in order to benefit the business more.
A systematic form-based record, which includes the client’s name, e-mail address, and many other details is the solution to this. Hence, we all need a form-building plugin such as CaptainForm. In this post, we are going to CaptainForm Review.
Table of Contents
CaptainForm Review In Detail
What Is A Plugin? And Is It For You?
When developing an online business, interacting with people is probably the most important thing. It does not matter if you create a personal blog, news site, or e-commerce. If your site is to succeed and get more sales, you want more people to communicate with you. It means adding contact forms to your site.
What Forms Can You Create With Captainform WordPress Plugin?
Although there are no limits to the type of contact form you can create, you may want to consider some options for your site:
- Donation Form: Collect more money for your cause by creating incredible donation forms.
- Event Log: Get more people to sign up for your next event. Indicate where the event takes place and more.
- Comment Form: Do not be afraid to ask your customers for comments. With CaptainForm, people like to send you their opinion.
- PayPal Order Form: Sell more through your website and create secure and easy-to-fill payment forms.
- Consultation Form: Gather valuable information from your audience by simply designing survey forms.
Note that these are just some of the forms that you can create with this amazing add-on for WordPress contact forms.
- It is an intuitive form builder, which comes along with a drag-and-drop feature to make the operations easy. It allows you to build web-based forms within your WordPress form plugin dashboard. This is a modern editor that comes along with a number of features more than you will actually need. You will get all the form fields including text boxes, number fields, text areas, checkboxes, headings, Likert scales, email fields, and more.
- It allows you to edit each field and set the field size, labels, and many other details. Most importantly, it provides you with two layout options that enable you to build different types of forms. You can find all these features in the “edit” tab of the plugin.
- It includes Form templates and themes, which provides you with a gallery containing more than 30 free templates to choose from. CaptainForm also allows you to customize the templates according to your own wish and to choose from a wide range.
- It allows you to maintain the entire data, including the attendee’s name, physical address, email address, date of birth, and much more in a very easy and systematic way.
- It provides centralized form management, which allows easy management of the forms.
- It includes four different payment plans and each of them includes live chat and email support, even the free one.
- It includes notifications such as form owner notifications and form user notifications.
- It has an advanced level of security
- y. It provides you with free SSL encryption, CAPTCHA, or password protection to provide the clients with the most advanced level of protection.
- It has no add-ons and hence, it has built-in functionality.
- It comes along with a number of different smart integrations in order to make the forms more reliable and easy to use. It allows you to add multiple 3rd party apps such as Dropbox, Braintree, Zendesk, ExactTarget, ActiveCampaign, Google Drive, Stripe, and more.
So, this was all about the features of the CaptainForm plugin.
In the payment section, you can set up the payment options according to your own choice. It allows you to assign values as well as calculation formulas.
Thus, you can create forms that will charge your clients and the attendees and hence, it helps you earn money in an easy and systematic way through it. It comes along with several quick payment integrations.
Pricing of the CaptainForm plugin
CaptainForm provides you with four different types of plans to choose from:
- The Free version of the CaptainForm lets you create up to 3 forms having 100 MB of storage with up to 15 different fields.
- Next, we have the Apprentice plan which costs $35 for a year. This plan provides you with 500 MB of storage and allows you to build and create an unlimited number of forms.
- The Master plan comes with a cost of $95 for a year and it provides you with a large storage of around 2 GB. This plan allows around 20K submissions for a month.
- The largest of all plans is the Hero plan, which has a cost of $195 for a year. This plan includes around 100K of submissions/month and provides you with a large storage of 10 GB. It comes with multisite support and includes payment processors.
Choosing A Form Template
After creating your free account, you can create a new form by going to CaptainForm → New Form.
Here you can use a blank template or choose from 20 pre-defined template templates (in addition to the 6 popular templates you see, you can use the Other Form drop-down menu to select even more options):
Here are two things to keep in mind:
- First, I like form additions that contain templates like these because they save you a lot of time compared to creating the full form.
- Second, how many options do you have? Remember, this is the free version of the add-on. If you look at our test of WPForms, you will find that the free version of WPForms only offers you three predefined templates, while the others are locked behind the Pro version.
I will choose the order form template for this revision as I would like to highlight how you can always create an order form even with the free version (you need a paid package to integrate with a payment processor). The mere fact that the calculator fields are present is already more generous than most free add-ons.
Create Your Form With CaptainForm
Using this plugin is perhaps the simplest. Once the plugin installation is complete, you can take immediate action and create your first form. The process is simple for that.
All you have to do is click the Add New button, located just below the My Forms option in the CaptainForm menu. Now you see eight different form templates. Well, depending on the type of form you are looking for, choose the best option.
You have the following options: contact and contact form, survey form, event registration, order, questionnaire, survey, bank, and others.
If you choose the other form option, you have another list of options in front of you.
The real-time preview of the changes gives you an idea of the design before it’s online. Click the preview button to easily check the appearance of the form. When you are satisfied, click the Use Template button.
Your form will be available online for you to connect to.
But let’s not be too excited to publish it immediately. You may not want to move on to the next step, where you can customize all the elements of your form and give it a completely new look.
Here you can change the text of the buttons in your form, its color and font, and add third-party applications such as Google Analytics, MailChimp, and many others. If you use the third-party application, you can choose from 21 different third-party applications to add functionality to your forms.
Publish your form
Once your form is done, there are three ways to publish it on your website. You can publish your form with a shortcode, or a widget or insert it directly into your design file. Select the type you want to use to publish your form and click the Publish button and there you are. Your form is live.
This is a complete forms management system. Therefore, if you use this form creator for a dating system, you should receive a payment from potential customers.
CaptainForm offers you a simple payment processing option to make sure you do not need to use an additional tool. You can add individual or recurring payments to your form for the services you sell through your order form.
With this add-o,n you can integrate your form into more than ten payment processors: PayPal Standard, PayPal Pro, PayPal Payflow, Stripe, Authorize.net, Braintree, Sage Pay, and PayU.ro, Sisow, PayFast, or FreshBooks.
Documentation And Support.
The add-on is comprehensively documented and offers you important support. You can retrieve the knowledge base created by the team to help users. Here you will find the answer to most of your questions. If you need help, contact the support team which will be happy to guide you.
Management of Coupons
With this option, you also have the complete coupon solution. You can create any number of vouchers and name them according to your choice.
The Security tab lets you manage spam and other security issues.
On the Spamfront you can choose:
- Limit the number of shipments
- Among a variety of different CAPTCHA options. I like the smart option: no CAPTCHA will be displayed for the
- first broadcast, but for later submissions of this form by the same user.
- Do not refuse consignments from certain countries
In addition, you have two other options:
- Password protects a form (payment function)
- Limit downloads to people with a password or account
The Rules tab is a payment feature that allows you to configure conditional logic for:
- Form fields: Shows or hides specific fields according to the way the user fills in the previous fields.
- Automatic Answering Machines: Send various automatic answers depending on how the user fills out the form.
- Your complete form: redirect users to another page, depending on how they completed the form.
Unfortunately, I could not try this feature in the free version, but I like the depth layer enough that you can apply the conditional logic to these three things.
Pros & Cons
- Very easy to use.
- Drag and drop interface
- 30 models.
- SSL encryption
- Notifications via SMS.
- Amazing support
- payment integration
- The prices of the Master and Hero packages are quite high, but they are worth it.
- Payment integration is only available in the Hero package.
- Improve WordPress Performance With Advanced Database Cleaner Plugin
- ARForms Review: A Legit WordPress Form Builder Plugin?
- Gravity Forms Review: Is It The Best WordPress Forms Plugin?
- Bridge Theme Review: Lit Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme?
Final verdict: CaptainForm Review 2023
CaptainForm WordPress form plugin seems to be very attractive and fascinating considering the number and type of features that it has. It seems quite easy to be used by all the beginners out there that are looking to bring their business a step further.
It is also an ideal plugin for well-experienced business persons as it has numerous features that will fascinate them.
CaptainForm provides you with 4 pricing plans in total out of which 3 are paid and one is free it includes complete customer support for the free plan, too. It does not require coding skills, so it can be used even by a non-tech-savvy person.
The process of creating an online form is quite easy. It provides you with a number of 3rd party app integrations, which is a remarkable feature. The plugin even allows you to choose the type of form that you wish to create, which is not very common in form-creating plugins.
To sum it up, it is an amazing tool for beginners and works really well and each person should for once, use this plugin to create web forms. I hope you like CaptainForm Review.
2 thoughts on “CaptainForm Review 2023: Best Free WordPress Form Builder? (Pros & Cons)”
Thanks a lot for this informative post. This post has actually provided deep knowledge about the concept. Thanks again.
Thank You So Much Such A Great Article.