- Unlimited subdomains
- Cross-subdomain consent
- Organizational Controls
- Pre-built Response Templates
- IAB Europe Framework support
- Multi-site templates
- Unlimited pages
- Native SDKs for iOS & Android
- Granular Consent by SDK Category
- Configurable Consent Models
- 50+ supported languages
- 100k+ published banners
- Best Website Scanning and Cookie Consent
- More pricing options
With rumours of adding stringency in GDPR guidelines for websites making the rounds of the internet for quite some time now, and with the news that ePrivacy (ePR) and IAB frameworks also being developed and to be brought into effect from 2020 onwards, internet extensions and plugins are having a hard time tweaking and customizing their algorithms to comply to these rules so as to not get blacklisted from the market.
Recently the CCPA made a new amendment to their guidelines by adding a new “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” rule into it. This rule covers all online websites, regardless of genre and niche. For those of you who don’t have much idea about this new rule, here is an elaborate overview of it.
What is the CCPA rule?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” rule gives those based in California the right to tell businesses not to sell their personal data. Under this act along with the Nevada Privacy Law, website visitors have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
- Organizations need to know what personal data the organization gathers and sells and what data belongs to that client. In addition, a system must be in place to process requests that do not sell. It includes several specific requirements
- Websites must have a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page that allows consumers to opt out of the sale of personal information that must be linked to on the homepage
- Users must be able to make this request without creating an account
- For at least 12 months, the business must respect the decision of the consumer. After this time, the company can ask the consumer to allow personal information to be sold
Compliance with these rules!
Compliance is one of the major concerns for online businesses. These websites face several challenges when it comes to complying with do not sell requirements. Some of these include:
- Know what data about each of their customers they collect and store.
- Consider what information they offer to third parties if any. This can be particularly challenging if the company does not know exactly what user data its website collects.
Are you compliant to these laws yet?
Since it is ultimately about cookies and user privacy, there are certain crucial questions that you should have answers to.
- Do you know what kinds of cookies collect information from your site?
- Have you provided visitors with information about an option to accept those cookies?
- Are you sure or unsure if your site is currently in compliance with CCPA, GDPR and other privacy laws?
To have enough knowledge to figure out answers to these questions, read this post and start using CookiePro’s cookie consent tool to get your sites moving in the right direction.
CookiePro Review 2021: Is It Worth The Hype?? (MUST READ)
What is CookiePro?
CookiePro is a new, rapidly growing popularity and the most mature and trusted cookie consent tool that was developed to provide solution to comply with CCPA, GDPR, ePrivacy and the IAB framework. CookiePro by OneTrust provides purpose-built tools to help website owners, agencies, publishers and ad tech vendors simplify compliance with all major global privacy laws. It offers an integrated consent approach with cookie compliance services, compliance with mobile apps, and requests for user & subject rights. Both services can be used in combination with your consent plan or separately.
The CookiePro Do Not Sell Plugin provides website owners with a simple way to meet the Do Not Sell requirement via a user-friendly, customizable interface that needs no coding experience.
It’s easy to add a floating action button or connect anywhere on your website with two implementation choices. When posted, visitors to the website can click the button to display key information such as your privacy notice, contact information and request form for data subjects as well as the option to opt-out of targeted ads.
As website owners would want it to be, CookiePro is loaded with power-packed tools and features that allow you to create, customize and have complete control of the “Do Not Sell” link all the time.
- Automatically search and categorize cookies on your website
- Customize your cookie banner and display before publishing
- Configure geolocation consent templates (shown only in the EU)
- Acknowledge prior consent and do not monitor browser settings
- Granular preferences focus and right to revoke consent
- Full consent records to demonstrate compliance
- Generate and retain always up-to-date browser settings.
How to get started?
First and foremost, you will have to install and activate the CookiePro Do Not Sell plugin on your WordPress website.
- In your WordPress Dashboard, go to the Add New plugins screen
- Click the upload plugin option
- Browse for the plugin file on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
Once the plugin has been activated, it will appear in the left-hand navigation of your dashboard.
- Customize your Do Not Sell button and modal.
- Copy and paste the CookiePro Consumer Rights form link into the CookiePro CCPA plugin. (Optional)
- Click on the “Save” option and then press “Publish”. Now the icon and modal will be added to your website.
How does CookiePro work?
- Customize the request form or online portal used to connect securely with data subjects (consumers)
- Set up rules for routing requests across various data subject or request style workflows.
- To save time when responding to multiple requests, customize built-in response templates.
- Publish the application form on your website and after logging in to allow data subjects to send requests
- Copy and paste the CookiePro Consumer Rights form link into the CCPA Do Not Sell WordPress plugin
Why people love CookiePro?
CookiePro is not a child on the black market! The app is legally available free of charge on the WordPress plugins store and currently features a 5-star score as we write this review. The score is all the social proof you need and gives you a clear idea of how well the plugin operated and how much it was valued by WordPress website owners!
CookiePro has been lauded by consumers, critics, and experts across the US for the following primary reasons:
- Customize a Do Not Sell floating action button with real-time preview updates
- Add key contact information to the floating action button
- Include a CookiePro consumer rights request form
- Sign up for a CookiePro account to create a Consumer Rights form that can be linked to the Do Not Sell action button. (Optional)
- Allow users to opt-out of custom advertising
- Customize a Do Not Sell floating action button with real-time preview notifications
- Apply key contact information to the floating action button
- Include a CookiePro consumer rights request form
- Allow users to opt-out of custom advertisements
Another cool feature of CookiePro is that you can sign up for a CookiePro account to create a Consumer Rights form that can be linked from your Do Not Sell action button.
- [Updated] 9 Proven Ways to Bypass Anti Scraping Techniques
- Pixelo Review+Discount Coupon: Save Upto 97% Now
- Ad Inserter Review: A Reliable WordPress Ad Management Plugin?
Conclusion: Detailed CookiePro Review 2021 | What we feel?
We feel that CookiePro all in all is indeed THE MOST trustworthy and dependable solutions to suffice your “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” while also simultaneously complying with major internet privacy laws like GDPR, ePR, IAB and now CCPA as well. There is no other plugin or internet extension in the market at this point that complies with all these privacy laws together.
This reason alone should be enough for you to choose CookiePro over others. Plus, the plugin is anyway loaded with cool and useful features that will convince you to the core!
If this post was not enough for your curious mind, then you can simply visit the CookiePro official website to get access to more developer information and other data.