Is Ecwid the right eCommerce platform for your business? Or should you consider Shopify? In this blog post, we will compare the two platforms and help you decide which one is best for you. We will cover features, pricing, and ease of use to help you make an informed decision. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Ecwid vs Shopify 2022 : Ultimate Comparison
Ecwid is a great omnichannel, cloud e-commerce platform for SMBs and trusted by thousands of eCommerce store owners. Ecwid is a PCI DSS validated Level 1 Service Provider, the gold standard for e-commerce solutions worldwide.
Ecwid is very easy to use. After creating an account, you can connect Ecwid to literally any website. There is no need to install it – it’s cloud-based. Plus, there’s a special Ecwid Promo code available just for our readers: “BLOG70”. Use this code when signing up to get a free month of service.
Ecwid is perfect for businesses of any size. It’s great for small businesses who are just starting out and want to test the waters of eCommerce, as well as larger businesses who need an easy-to-use platform that can handle more volume and complexity.
Shopify is a platform that provides you with all the necessary tools and features to run a website. It also allows you to tailor your website to meet your specific needs.
With Shopify, you can choose from one of their pre-made themes or design your own theme with their full support. They also provide helpful guides to assist you in creating a successful website.
Shopify is quite diverse and already has nearly 8,00,000 clients using this platform all over the globe. They offer a wide range of services and features that are essential for running a website.
This includes everything from hosting your website to providing you with customizable themes and a wide range of features to make your website unique.
Ecwid vs Shopify : Features
Language Detection: The best part about Ecwid is that its storefront can be easily translated right over 50 different languages, here your customers can view your store right in their own language.
The best thing about this feature is that here your customers don’t have to choose their own language manually, Ecwid will automatically detect visitors language automatically on the basis of browser settings and IP address.
Smart Shipping Calculator: This feature has the smart shipping rates that will allow customers to see the costs based right on their locations (using the customers IP address).
Track Inventory: Using this feature you can easily find out the status of your products and it doesn’t matter whether you sell offline or online.
Sell Digital Products: You can simply add digital products right to your store. This one is a very simple feature to sell digital products .
Customizable Design Schemes: It has availability of present and customizable CSS design schemes in order to perfectly match your website.
Seamless Shopping: Just make shopping easier simply by giving customers who generally drag and drop products right to their cart a clear and also a quick view of their products.
Point Of Sale Functionality: Using this features called- Point-of-Sale functionality you will be able to sell online as well as in physical locations too like in the stores, market stalls and at concerts and many more.
Here with the POS functionality when your customer buys a product in the store, online or using their phone or via using Facebook everything stays in sync. The merchant catalog, inventory and customers and transaction information will be secured.
Like 3DCart, Shopify aims to offer business possessors set of features to the eCommerce platform which include:
- Drag-and-drop editor: One feature that makes Shopify attract merchants of all skill levels is their drag-and-drop editor. This is a feature that helps you to decorate your website. All you need to do is select a theme from over 70 themes that the platform has to offer and then you can easily edit and ornament the theme in the best way possible using the languages of HTML and CSS. Moreover, your Shopify store comes with a blogging platform as well as a content management system.
- Shopify Payments: Along with other social media payment platforms one unique feature that Shopify comes up with is the Shopify Payments. This mode of payments is included in their website itself which makes it easy for the clients to make payments. Shopify has more than 100 collabs with others over the net payment platforms.
- Store management: For the smooth functioning of your e-commerce platform, it is very necessary for an owner to take precautions regarding the inventory, store management, and other management bodies. If you opt for Shopify, you need not worry about any of these parameters as Shopify has included all these under their services that they supply to their clients. The clients have the liberty to open their own accounts. One-click and get your order refilled is the motto that Shopify follows. With Shopify, you need not worry about the depletion of products. If in case the stock of a product runs out, the platform automatically stops taking orders from the people.
- Mobile functionality: Shopify has its own mobile app for increasing the number of clients as well as for the smooth functioning of the platform. In this world of modernization and smartphones, each and every person has their own smartphone. Making the most of this, Shopify has developed a free business development app that manages your complete business right from the word go.
- Customer Service: The customer service feature in Shopify works 24/7. Also if there is any problem that the client is facing it is resolved as soon as possible. Shopify customer service comes with the help desk where you file your complaint and the experts in that section are there to help you out with the solution to the problems you are facing.
- Shopify India: The 10 Best Shopify Stores in India (2022)
- Printify Review
- How To Launch & Create Profitable eCommerce Store
- AdPlexity Ecommerce Review
Conclusion: Ecwid vs Shopify 2022
Ecwid and Shopify are both great ecommerce platforms that have a lot to offer businesses of all sizes. However, when it comes down to it, there are some key areas where Ecwid outshines Shopify. If you’re looking for an easy-to-use platform with plenty of features, Ecwid is the way to go.
And if you need more help getting started or want more customization options, Shopify might be a better fit for you.
Ultimately, the best ecommerce platform for your business will depend on your individual needs and preferences. So what are you waiting for? Start exploring today and see which platform works best for you!