There was a time when I was a newbie. I was starting my career as a digital enthusiast and marketer and was in need of cheap hosting services. That was a time when FatCow came to the rescue. It is definitely the cheapest option with a certain good reputation to it. Also Check out here best web hosting companies
Then while working on it, I realised that the hosting service could be liked for a lot of reasons and also disliked for a few. In this review, I shall discuss both.
So here is my review of FatCow hosting service
We already know that FatCow is the cheapest out there. So let’s look at its features to see whether the price compromises the functionality.
The company offers the following services
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited mail boxes
- Free domain name
- Free website builder
- Free Script barn
- 1 GB Cloud storage free
It does not get any cheaper than this. Does it? There is no better hosting provider for bloggers and new marketers who want to make a name for themselves. It has a lot of features too. I will discuss them later.
Price: $27.99/ month to $99.99/month (comes with 3 plans in this range: Basic, Business and Optimum)
- You get dedicated CPU cores
- Access to large RAM space for smooth functioning
- Minimum 40 GB of storage
- Minimum 1 TB bandwidth
I guess that is enough for you to make it out that the VPS hosting is also pretty cheap. If you want increased control, manage your resources to an extent and cloud based flexibility then this is the best solution for you and can fit any low budget requirement.
The packages come with cPanel which I guess is the interface most people are comfortable with.
Price: $3.75 a month or $6.95 a month
- Comes with two plans which are ideal for both WordPress beginners and experts.
- You get a hosting plan
- Customized Control Panel
- Pre-installed themes and plugins
- With the essential version you get improved speed, security and support
I guess that is good enough for any blogger. It was good enough for me and I benefited from its facilities greatly.
Price: $149.99/month to $239.99 per month
- Good for both small businesses and large scale firms with high volume and traffic needs
- Gives more control to you
- You get dedicated CPU cores
- High RAM storage with 4 GB minimum
- Minimum 500 GB of storage
- Minimum 5 TB of bandwidth
If you are a well-established firms but have a tight budget about dedicated hosting then this is a good enough option for you. I haven’t used this service yet but I guess it is a worthwhile choice.
Now that we a have a hang of FatCow’s features let’s see how they function
The Uptime is Excellent
No hosting provider will ever publish their uptime statistics but my personal experience with what FatCow had to offer was great. The uptime is on average 99.99% for 30 days. This means that the responsiveness of your website will always be maintained.
Your websites will load quickly, you will be able to serve all your visitors with consistent speeds and establish a good reputation. Full marks to the optimization tech employed here.
There are a host of other features like:
- You get a bonus Adwords voucher worth 100 dollars.
- You get $50 worth of Facebook Advertising Credit
- Free listing on Yellow Pages
Now let’s check out how the interface comes off!
The control panel as you can see is not anything big to worry about. The layout is simple enough to understand and easy enough to operate.
It is categories into fields like Website, Email, Domain, Marketing and Additional tools. This enables you to be more efficient and save a lot of time on doing the classification yourself.
A host of other features provide regular assistance. These include:
- Domain Central: An interface tool which simplifies your operations.
- Simple File Manager: To handle operations like FTP
- Control panel is different than cPanel but you can easily adjust to it. It is drawback tough
One major feature which should not use is the Site Deluxe Website Builder.
It may be one of the quickest ways to build a website but there are still drawbacks. You get pre-designed templates like accountant, restaurant, real estate etc. This is very broadly classified and can confuse you. The bigger problem is that most of the code is out dated. If you are expecting to rank on search engines using this software then you are in for a loss! This is self-experienced advice.
Apart from these some other positive points are:
- Automatic Backups: You have to pay for these but they can easily help you increase your efficiency for a not so high price.
- Excellent WordPress Experience
- Excellent Customer Service: This is the real winner for FatCow. You get 24/7 support in the form of telephonic assistance, online chat, email support etc. The representatives help you with everything and respond to your issues quickly.
I still will recommend this hosting service to you guys out there. Part from a few glitches the rest of everything with FatCow seems excellent. You may shift to a more fancy service later on but at the moment the pricing is perfect so that you can save more, work better and make your initial efforts count. Here is a video review to make it more interesting.
Video Credits: Hosting-Review.com
This is what a customer wrote about the hosting service
|“I am writing to tell you guys how satisfied I have been as a customer. Your customer service -- especially technical support -- is remarkably useful and friendly. Please keep up the good work and I’ll keep spreading the word!Tearsa|
Testimonials of various users
Have you used FatCow, share your reviews and opinions with us. By sharing reviews, we can test which hosting is better for our business. I have tested FatCow for my websites and it was good and bad too.