Affiliate disclosure: In full transparency – some of the links on our website are affiliate links, if you use them to make a purchase we will earn a commission at no additional cost for you (none whatsoever!).
In this post, we discuss Generation Z Statistics 2022
Zoomers are another name for Generation Z. It is a generation that falls between the millennials and generation Alpha.
Let’s look at some marketing data for Generation Z to learn more about their buying patterns and preferences.
Image credits: pexels
Generation Z Marketing Data, Trends, & Facts
- In the United States, 58 percent of zoomers have faith in the local military and government.
- A work-life balance is a goal for 60% of the generation’s representatives.
- On a daily basis, the average Gen Z user spends over 8 hours online.
- 70% of this age group aspires to be wealthy & have a solid career.
- Only 37% of them, on the other hand, wish to travel.
- After graduation, 37% of generation Z graduates are anticipated to get employed in the healthcare industry.
- For at least 5 hours a day, 55 percent of zoomers operate their smartphones.
- In ten years, Gen Z will make up 1/3 of the worldwide workforce.
- A smartphone is used by 98 percent of Generation Z members.
- 70 percent of Gen Z job candidates in the United States prioritize security, pay & healthcare benefits.
- For 72 percent of the cohort, health care is the most important political concern.
- The silent generation, those born between 1928 and 1945, on the other hand, saw economic stability as the most pressing political issue.
Generation Z Statistics Demographics
- White people make up 51% of this age group.
- Hispanics make up a fourth of Generation Z.
- Approximately a third of Gen Z children are immigrants or have immigrant parents.
- Every 3rd buyer belongs to Gen Z, which accounts for 33% of the global population.
- The younger generation accounts for 40% of all young customers in the United States.
Facts & Figures about Generation Z & Technology
- Seventy-four percent of youngsters prefer to spend their free time online.
- In the UK, a Gen Z’er spends an average of 10.5 hours every day online.
- The internet is used by 28% of youngsters to learn new skills.
- As per influencer marketing statistics, the typical Gen Z Internet user spends 23 hours each week watching videos.
- According to marketing statistics, 69 percent of youth find online advertisements unpleasant.
Adoption of Technology by Generation Z
- Smart home technologies are crucial for houses these days, according to 43% of the cohort.
- 32 percent of Gen Z buyers use their smartphones to make purchases. According to marketing experts, 52 percent of zoomers desire to use virtual reality (VR) for leisure.
- 31 percent of young online consumers are not frightened to disclose personal information on the internet.
- Thirty percent of teens consider that technology can assist in addressing the world’s most pressing issues.
- WordPress was used by 66% of zoomers to build their websites. Voice assistants are expected to be used by 22% of Gen Z consumers.
- Around 1 to 5 emails per day are received by 37% of zoomers.
- 5 percent of Gen Z Web users receive more than 100 emails per day in their inboxes.
Device Ownership by Generation Z
- Between the ages of 13 and 16, three-quarters of youngsters received their first smartphone.
- According to Generation Z statistics, half of the zoomers look at camera features while purchasing a new smartphone.
- With the Gen Z audience, smartphones are the most popular gaming device.
- As per recent marketing statistics, 95 percent of members of Generation Z are devoted to Apple.
- Surprisingly, the average baby boomer prefers Apple’s products as well.
- The top 3 smartphone manufacturers among Generation Z are Apple, Samsung, and Huawei.
- iPhones are owned by 66% of zoomers.
- Furthermore, 81 percent of those who responded to the survey said they do not own an iPhone but would like one.
- A laptop is used by 83 percent of Gen Z users.
- A gaming console is owned by 25% of Generation Z representatives. According to marketing statistics, 57 percent of youngsters use a computer.
- In the United States, about 15 million youngsters own smart wearables.
- Year after year, the percentage of Generation Z consumers who purchase smartwatches rises considerably.
Use of Technology by Generation Z
- Sixty-six percent of zoomers utilize multiple devices at the same time.
- 91 percent of Gen Z members believe that a company’s technology influences their employment decisions.
- According to the latest Gen Z figures, 75% of youngsters prefer to use smartphones over desktop computers.
- Mobile devices are used by 51% of Gen Z consumers to access social media.
- 71 percent of those in this age bracket watch videos on their smartphones.
- According to Generation Z statistics, one out of every five teenagers recycles electronics.
- 91 percent of Gen Z consumers sleep with their phones in their hands.
Digital Habits of Generation Z
- 41 percent of Generation Z social media consumers are worried about squandering their time online.
- 73 percent of this age group communicates with friends and family using text and messaging apps.
- According to recent marketing statistics, 60 percent of teenagers abandon websites that take longer than five seconds to load.
- A typical zoomer evaluates stuff for 8 seconds.
- That’s four seconds faster than a millennial.
- As per Gen Z data, 45 percent of teenagers say they spend practically all of their time online.
- Generation Z is concerned about online privacy 52 percent of the time.
- 31 percent of zoomers have a digital addiction of some kind.
- Only 25% of millennials, on the other hand, are glued to digital devices.
- If they are unable to access the Internet for more than one hour, 24% of teenagers report feeling uneasy.
- Only 8 percent of Gen Z consumers are able to go longer than a day without feeling stressed.
Facts and figures about Generation Z & Social Media
- For 52 percent of the group, social media is their primary method of brand discovery.
- Zoomers utilize Facebook as their fourth most popular social platform.
- To stay current with their favorite celebs, over a third of Gen Z individuals use social media.
- Zoomers utilize social applications to share their talents online in 56 percent of cases.
- 55 percent of respondents said they feel more creative when they are online than offline.
- A Gen Z user spends an average of 2 hrs & 55 mins every day on social media.
- Instagram and YouTube are used on a daily basis by 61% of users in this age range.
- Snapchat attracts a large number of Gen Z users.
- Approximately 90% of teenagers have utilized the app at least once.
- According to 81 percent of Generation Z members, social media helps them stay in touch with their peers.
- 3 out of 4 teens claim they observe at least one social media influencer.
- Zoomers account for 60% of TikTok’s user base.
- According to marketing statistics for Generation Z, the number of people who use Facebook each year declines marginally.
- According to 41% of teenagers, Instagram is the most popular tool for following social media influencers.
- Only 16 percent of zoomers utilize Facebook to stay in touch with bloggers.
Media Consumption Statistics for Generation Z
- 61 percent of zoomers utilize social media to get news on a daily basis.
- Gen Z is the generation with the most Netflix subscribers.
- According to marketing statistics for Generation Z, 71 percent of youngsters have subscribed to Netflix.
- Only 45 percent of Generation Z participants watch cable television.
- Cable television, on the other hand, is popular with 68 percent of Gen Xers.
- On Twitch, 41 percent of Gen Z men watch video games being streamed by bloggers.
- The Internet is used for amusement by 65 percent of Generation Z respondents.
Statistics on the Consumer Behavior of Generation Z
- When shopping online, 65 percent of Gen Z customers don’t want to view products that are out of stock.
- When it comes to picking a brand, 66% of teen consumers consider product quality.
- A reward program or vouchers provide a considerable value for 65 percent of Gen Z customers.
- When making a purchase, 82 percent of teenagers rely on the advice of their friends and parents.
- When choosing a product to buy, 52 percent of zoomers seek help from an influencer online.
- 60 percent of this age group wants to communicate with a brand via text messaging.
- 43 percent of young adults regularly write product reviews.
Stats on Generation Z’s Buying Habits
- Parents are active in the purchasing procedures of 72 percent of this generation’s buyers.
- Despite becoming digital natives, zoomers prefer to purchase in physical stores, with 67 percent preferring to do so.
- As per Generation Z marketing statistics, the average teen reads three internet reviews before making a purchase.
- Before purchasing goods, half of the teenagers use price comparison applications.
- 70 percent of Gen Z buyers utilize store-provided applications to earn points or bonuses.
- When purchasing from a physical store, 47 percent of zoomers utilize their smartphones to find the greatest discounts.
Statistics on Generation Z’s Shopping Preferences
- Over 55 percent of younger consumers prefer brands that are environmentally and socially responsible.
- According to marketing experts, 61 percent of teens would be prepared to spend more on products made in a sustainable manner.
- On average, over a third of Gen Z shoppers are influenced by delivery options while making purchases.
- According to Generation Z marketing statistics, 68 percent of zoomers want every brand to make a positive contribution to society.
- 61 percent of respondents would prefer to do business with a company that respects their privacy.
- When it comes to online shopping, 75% of Gen Z buyers choose Amazon over eBay and Walmart.
- Nike is the preferred brand of 20 percent of young customers.
Statistics about Generation Z’s Spending
- Customers in Generation Z have $144 billion in spending power.
- Teenagers persuade their parents to spend more than $600 billion every year on average all over the world.
- According to Gen Z marketing statistics, 73 percent of Gen Z representatives prefer to make purchases without using cash.
- In the United States, the average Gen Z person will spend $1,100 on holidays. In comparison to millennials, Zoomers spend 6 percent more on alcoholic beverages.
- Last year, recreational marijuana purchases increased by 126 percent among Generation Z members.
Marketing Statistics for Generation Z
- 59 percent of zoomers are affected by social commerce.
- This indicates that if a blogger promotes a product, they are more inclined to buy it.
- A firm that supports gender equality in its advertisements has a 77 percent higher chance of attracting Gen Z customers.
- Influencer marketing, according to 54 percent of the age group, is the most efficient strategy.
- As per Generational Kinetics research, 52 percent of Generation Z members regard ratings to be the most essential element influencing their purchasing decisions.
- Only 64% of teenagers expect a personalized experience from stores, whereas 74 percent of older millennials believe the same.
- To acquire Gen Z clients, 65 percent of digital marketing experts expect to raise spending.
- According to 31% of young internet users, an email promotion campaign has no impact on their purchasing decisions.
- Authentic pictures are valued by 52 percent of the target audience more than professionally manipulated product photos.
- Sixty percent of Generation Z customers value excellent customer service.
- Nearly 64% of zoomers are members of at least 1 loyalty program.
- They are also unlikely to pass up the chance to use promotional vouchers.
- About half of young clients are interested in discounts and cash back.
FAQs On Generation Z Statistics
What proportion of Gen Z users are on social media?
It's challenging to meet a zoomer who hasn't joined at least 1 social networking site. As per current Generation Z marketing statistics, 93 percent of the generation is active on social media. They utilise it to communicate with others and stay informed about current events.
What percentage of the market is made up of Gen Z?
Generation Z now accounts for 20 percent of the market. In the United States, there are around 68 million Gen Z members with a combined purchasing power of $144 billion. Nonetheless, there is one key thing to consider: teenagers have an impact on older generations' purchasing habits. Zoomers have an estimated value of $600 billion in purchase choices.
What percent of Gen Z is self-employed?
Gen Z has a great desire to start their own business. Sixty-two percent of the age group's representatives have or intend to start a business. Furthermore, about half of youngsters work as freelancers since they are unable or unwilling to work full-time.
How many social media influencers does Generation Z follow?
It's difficult to say how many online influencers Gen Z people follow. However, there are a few key takeaways that every savvy marketer should be aware of. For example, 45 percent of teenagers say they follow at least 10 social media influencers. Around 75 percent of Gen Z users follow influencers on social media.
Conclusion: Generation Z Statistics 2023
The most influential generation is Generation Z. They are technologically adept and are frequently seen holding a smartphone.
According to marketing data for Generation Z, the quality of a product is valued more than its price or the views of influencers.
With over 15 years of expertise in personal branding, self-development, and financial literacy under her belt, Alisa has earned a reputation as an accomplished keynote speaker. She is also an expert on topics ranging from self-development, Business News to investment and gladly shares this knowledge with audiences through keynote speaking engagements as well as writing craft workshops for local writers' groups and book conferences. Out of her deep knowledge of writing craftsmanship, Alisa also offers online fiction courses to guide aspiring authors to reach success through story composition excellence.