In this article, we will discuss the Top 11 Grammarly Alternatives 2023
Grammarly is an essential tool for anyone who writes, whether they are a professional writer or an occasional social media poster. But with so many alternatives available, how do you know which one will work best for your needs? Let’s take a look at some of the top Grammarly alternatives and how they compare to each other.
Top reasons to look for Grammarly alternatives
- There are a number of reasons to look for Grammarly alternatives. The first reason is that Grammarly is a subscription-based service, which means that you have to pay a monthly fee to use it. This can be a bit pricey for some people.
- Another reason to look for Grammarly alternatives is that it can be quite inaccurate. This is because it relies on artificial intelligence to identify errors, and AI is not perfect.
- Additionally, Grammarly only offers corrections for English errors. This means that if you make a mistake in another language, Grammarly will not be able to help you.
- Another downside of Grammarly is that it can be quite slow. This is because it has to scan your entire document for errors, which can take a while.
- Additionally, Grammarly can sometimes make changes to your document that you do not want. For example, it may change the tense of a sentence without your permission.
- Finally, Grammarly does not offer a way to save your work offline. This means that if you lose your internet connection, you will not be able to access your work.
- For these reasons, many people choose to look for Grammarly alternatives. Some popular alternatives include ProWritingAid and WhiteSmoke.
Thus, let me discuss the best Grammarly alternatives:
Table of Contents
Writer is an AI that helps you write. It’s pretty cool.
First, there’s a grammar checker and a tool to check for plagiarism. The grammar checker is of very good quality. It will catch misspelled words and other mistakes you make. You also get an add-on for Chrome.
The tool finds grammar and spelling mistakes in your article and tells you how to fix them. It also suggests words and phrases that will make your writing clearer.
These features are about the same as Grammarly.
The added features make things more interesting.
You can make style guides with Writer, which is great if you are in charge of a large group of writers. You can share a document that has your brand’s voice, words that aren’t allowed, etc. It makes sure that everyone writes in the same way. Also, there is AI.
So, you teach the AI how to write like you do. That means the suggestions are tailored to you or to the voice of your company’s brand. The AI feature that makes content is a nice way for content writers to save time. It’s not perfect, and you’ll have to look over the text that was made automatically, but it’s good. And since machine learning is used, it gets smarter over time.
The writer also has features that can help you in your everyday life. You can save blocks of text so that you can use them again. We use this feature a lot to find people to write guest posts.
For example, to make an outreach email feel more personal, we’ll put together different pieces of text. So, there would be an intro chunk for people in the US, a middle chunk for people who are new to the company, and a personalized request chunk based on how many people visit the site.
When you put it all together, you have a message that seems very personal but only took a few seconds to write.
In conclusion, the Writer is awesome because:
- Editing and word processing software
- Spell-checker and grammar checker
- Guidelines for style
- The AI of the future
- Add-on for Chrome
- A feature such as Brand Voice checking is only available on the Enterprise Plan
It is free to use the Writer grammar checker. Paying in advance for a year will save you $99 if you choose the Starter Plan.
One of the best alternatives to Grammarly is ProWritingAid. Different browsers can add to it. It works with MS Office, Gmail, WordPress, and Google Docs.
The interface of ProWritingAid makes it easy to use. You can choose between general English, US English, and British English. It’s a good way to make sure everything is the same.
The software puts your text through 20 different tests. It checks your spelling, grammar, sentence structure, length, how you move from one thought to the next, and word choice. Then, it gives you good ideas about how to improve your writing.
For example, it might tell you to get rid of sentences that are already there. A personal dictionary is part of ProWritingAid. You can add terms from your field, business names, etc. to your dictionary.
- Tips for improving your content
- All major browsers are supported by the extension
- Platform integrations with all the most common writing tools
- Paid plans only offer desktop apps
It is free to join ProWritingAid. A monthly fee of $20 is charged for the paid plan. The cost of an annual subscription is $79 per year. It costs $299 for a lifetime subscription. Only PremiumPlus plans include the plagiarism checker.
Hemingway App is a great way to see how hard your content is to read. Complex sentences and simple mistakes are called out by the tool. You can then use these suggestions to make changes to your writing. It is a great way to make your writing easier to understand. Especially for people whose first language is not English.
You can also figure out how long it will take to read with the Hemingway App. From what I’ve seen, this feature is pretty accurate.
- Scores the readability of a document
- Sentences in the passive voice and complex sentences are caught
- Your content may become too simplistic as a result of the suggestions
- Grammar is not checked
HemingWay is available online and offline. There are limited features in the online version, but it is free. It costs $19.99 for both Mac and Windows desktop versions.
Ginger has a job both online and in person. It has an app for both iOS and Android, as well as a desktop version for Windows. Mac doesn’t have a desktop tool. Ginger has add-ons for both Safari and Chrome. The plugins work with the CMS WordPress, but not with Google Docs.
You can choose between American English and British English when using Ginger. You can use Ginger to translate your text into French, Hindi, Arabic, and Russian, among other languages. It’s like Google Translate. The translations are good enough. It is best to hire a native speaker to translate your text.
- Errors are checked and fixed
- Your writing style will be improved with the help of a personal trainer
- Feature for translation
- Voice-to-text feature
- It isn’t as good as some of the other tools on the list
- There is no Mac app
Ginger is free to use for the basic things it can do. The website doesn’t say how much the paid plans cost. According to information, I found online, the annual subscription costs $149.76. A subscription for three months costs $59.94. The price per month is $29.96.
WhiteSmoke is a great place for writers, bloggers, and guest bloggers. You can use it to look for mistakes in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style. White Smoke has a thesaurus that is helpful. It gives ways to make sentences more clear.
On the Pro plans, you can watch videos that teach you things. There are videos about nouns, verbs, prepositions, and adjectives. It is a good tool for writers. Some customers have said that White Smoke’s online version can be slow at times.
- Checker for style and punctuation
- 55 languages to translate your content
- Alternative words can be found using a thesaurus
- Offers only premium plans
- Makes a lot of mistakes
The cheapest paid plan on White Smoke costs $5 per month or $59.95 per year. The paid plan has a tool that checks for plagiarism. Most of the other solutions on this list charge extra for this feature. When you pay for a plan, you can use a number of templates. You have access to cover letter, resume, and report templates.
AutoCrit works best for people who write books. It can help you improve your dialogue, pacing, and word choice. Your text is compared to thousands of other titles by AutoCrit. They look at things like repetition and how long each sentence is. It points out literary cliches in your work and gives suggestions for how to fix them. It’s basically a tool for writers to check their style.
As you might expect, it has a tool that checks your grammar and spelling. AutoCrit has some basic flaws that need to be fixed. You can’t, for example, use it to find the passive voice.
- Improves your copywriting skills
- Detects basic errors
- Your book should be compared to the content in your niche
- Online only
AutoCrit is free to try. The online app has no limit on how much text you can send. Paid plans cost $30 per month. The plan costs $297 per year. On the Pro Plan, you get things like automatic scoring, suggestions for how to improve, vocabulary suggestions, and more.
Writefull helps you write easy-to-understand papers for school. It compares your work to millions of other articles in journals. It will then tell you how to improve your writing. For example, it makes complicated sentences easier to understand and checks for grammar mistakes. There is also a translator on the tool.
Most word processing and email programs can be used with Writefull. You can’t use Writefull on your phone. Most people don’t write academic essays on their iPhones, so this isn’t a big deal.
- Academics will find this app useful
- The language library is impressive
- It is compatible with Word and Overleaf
- Academic writing is better suited to it
- Extensions are not permitted
You can enter your work for free on Writefull. Institutions and individuals can subscribe to their paid plans. Individual plans start at $15.37 per month and drop to $5.46 per year. It is more expensive to join an institutional plan.
PaperRater is a simple tool for checking for mistakes. However, it needs to be changed. Overall, the website looks like it was made about 10 years ago.
It’s easy to use. You upload your article to the website, and it checks for basic grammar mistakes and other mistakes. Things like wrong punctuation will be caught.
It’s hard to use the free version. PaperRater lets you check for copied work. It’s too bad it doesn’t work with the proofreader. You have to copy and paste the text if you want to use both parts. When you use the free version, you don’t know what content is copied. The tool only shows how much of the text is not original.
- Grammar and spelling are checked in real time by the program
- A minimal set of features
There are a few paid services on this list, but PaperRater is the most affordable. A monthly fee of $11.21 is charged. There are limited features in the free version. Only five-page texts can be checked with it.
Jetpack is an add-on for WordPress. In older versions of Jetpack, there is a module for proofreading. The proofreading module checks for spelling, grammar, style, and use of words that are not right. Corrections are marked by color. Everything in red is a wrong use of a word or an error. A green highlight is the wrong way to use grammar. When the tool is blue, it means that it has a style suggestion.
It’s easy to use Jetpack. You download the extension, and then you use your Dashboard to turn on the module. Using Jetpack, you will be able to recognize complex phrases and double negatives. The plugin can’t tell the difference between American English and British English.
It does more than just help with the language. If you want to make money blogging, it’s a great tool to use.
- WordPress allows you to edit your blog posts
- You can use it for free
- Grammar checking tool with basic functionality
There is no charge for using Jetpack. This plugin, however, is only compatible with versions of WordPress below 7.3.
The best thing about 1Checker is how flexible it is. This tool for correcting grammar can be used online or offline. It has add-ons for Word and Outlook.
1Checker looks for spelling and grammar mistakes and gives you a reason for each one that it finds. For example, it finds things like dangling modifiers and gives advice on how to build sentences. You can click “Apply All” if you don’t want to look at each mistake. You can also use templates for different kinds of documents. There is a tool to translate on 1Checker.
If you want to improve your writing, 1Checker is a great tool to use. All of your changes are saved in the user center, so you can look over your mistakes. But watch out for false alarms. Some people have said that 1Checker flags words that are right.
- Support across multiple platforms
- Free to use
- The User Interface needs an update
- There are some advanced features that other tools offer that this tool does not have
- Grammatical errors are missed
There is no charge for 1Checker. Even though the service is free, it is amazing what they offer.
It’s easy to use OnlineCorrection. It looks for mistakes in spelling, grammar, and style as well. You copy and paste your article into the box, then press the “Submit” button. If you check the Auto-correct box, it will fix mistakes for you.
You can choose the style of English you like best on OnlineCorrection. US English or UK English, for example. It works for French, German, Polish, Italian, Spanish, and Russian.
The interface is hard to use. It doesn’t make sense how to use it. Also, you have to send in your article, which is then looked over before suggestions are made. It takes some time to do all of this.
- You can use it for free
- Errors are automatically corrected
- Functionality limited
- Website ads
Online Correction is a good free tool. In comparison to the rest of the options on this list, it’s not as good.
Top Reasons to go for Grammar Checking Tools:
- You can save time
One of the primary benefits of using a grammar-checking tool is that it can save you a great deal of time. If you are someone who often has to write documents such as essays or reports, then you know how time-consuming it can be to proofread your work for grammar mistakes. A grammar-checking tool can help you to quickly and easily identify any errors in your writing so that you can make the necessary corrections before submitting your work.
- You can improve your writing
Another benefit of using a grammar-checking tool is that it can help you to improve your writing overall. By regularly using a grammar checker, you will become more aware of the common mistakes that you make in your writing. This will enable you to correct these mistakes and avoid making them in the future, which will make your writing more accurate and error-free.
- You can catch errors that you would otherwise miss
Even if you are a careful proofreader, there are bound to be some errors that you would miss when reading over your own work. This is because our brains tend to auto-correct errors when we read, which means that we might not even realize that we have made a mistake. A grammar-checking tool can catch these errors so that you can correct them before anyone else has a chance to see them.
- You can avoid embarrassing yourself
Making mistakes in your writing can be embarrassing, whether you are sending an email to a friend or client or submitting an important document for work or school. A grammar checker can help you to avoid these embarrassing situations by ensuring that your writing is error-free before you send it off.
- You can ensure accuracy in important documents
When it comes to important documents such as resumes or cover letters, accuracy is essential. Even one small mistake could cost you a job opportunity or prevent you from getting into the school of your choice. By using a grammar checker, you can rest assured knowing that your document is free from any errors before sending it off.
- Grammarly Free Vs Premium: Detailed Comparison (Which is Better?)
- A Guide to Using Grammarly for Editing Your WordPress Articles
- Grammarly Student Discount Code: Get 20% off (100% Working)
- Grammarly Free Trial Access: How To Get It?
- Is Grammarly Plagiarism Checker Any Good? Is it Accurate?
Conclusion: Best Grammarly Alternatives 2023
Our three favorite tools are as follows:
- Writer: Great AI tool for writing. This is probably the best solution for businesses of all sizes.
- ProWritingAid: This is a good option. ProWritingAid has been around for a while and works really well. Not much more to say.
- Hemmingway App: Hemmingway can help you figure out how hard your writing is to read. I don’t think the grammar checker is very good, though.
The rest depends on your preferences, your budget, and your needs.
Which one will you choose as Best Grammarly Alternatives ?