An Ultimate Guide To White Label Cosmetics Dropshipping 2022
Are you dreaming about opening your own brand and don’t know where to start? Or maybe you are just dreaming and never actually plan to create a business because everything seems difficult, stressful, or expensive… There are so many things to do!
However, giving up is certainly not an option. There’s a perfect solution for you — a method that can help to create a brand without taking care of storage, order fulfillment, and production. And it’s called white label drop shipping.
Sounds good, right?
Let us make this even more tempting. With the right print-on-demand and dropshipping provider, you can start your own brand with literally $0 on your bank account. And that’s not an exaggeration.
So, shall we get straight to business?
Table of Contents
What Is a White Label Product, Dropshipping, and Print on Demand?
Cosmetics Industry In Numbers
If the thought of having your own cosmetics brand without any worries about production and order fulfillment is not appealing enough for you, here are a few impressive statistics.
- In 2020 cosmetics market was valued at $341.1B in 2020. Moreover, by 2030 it’s expected to grow up to $560.50B.
- Sales in the beauty industry decreased during the pandemic, however, people started to pay more attention to their skincare. 22% of women reported spending more time and money on skincare.
- American women spend an average of $3,756 per year on beauty products and services.
Beauty Trends 2022
The first thing you should do before opening a white label cosmetics business is market research. Let’s dive into the cosmetics world more and see what’s trending now.
- As we already mentioned, people started to pay more attention to their skincare. So if you want to succeed, do not focus only on makeup products. Provide your customers with high-quality skincare for different skin types.
- The clean beauty trend is here to stay, so be careful what products you choose for sale! According to the statistics from Natural Marketing Institute, about 24% of adults in the USA prefer to buy “clean” products. So it’s better to find an experienced manufacturer that produces organic white label cosmetics.
- Another trend you should definitely pay attention to is gender-neutral cosmetics. Many popular brands like MAC and Aesop adopted a gender-neutral approach, and you should too!
Choosing The Best Supplier
Choosing the right supplier and dropshipping provider is one of the most important steps on the way to success! Let’s review some options and see what’s best for you.
Sell.xyz is probably the most comfortable option for dropshipping newbies since it’s 100% free to use and offers organic cosmetic products from reliable manufacturers. Let’s see how it works and what features it has to offer.
- Sell Design Studio. It’s the perfect tool for merchants who don’t have any previous experience in designing. It’s incredibly simple and easy to use. You can change the color of the label, place pictures on the product, and add texts in different colors and fonts. If you want to have a professional design, you can contact the Sell Design team to discuss your vision, and they will create a product mockup for you.
- Integration with the most popular eCommerce platforms. You can integrate your stores on Shopify and Woocommerce with your Sell account. After that, you’ll be able to publish products in your store in a few clicks and enjoy all the perks of automated drop shipping.
- Manual order option. If you want to order a product for yourself or plan to sell the items in your physical store, then you can order them manually from the Sell.xyz website. You can also order in bulk.
- Up to 5 sample products per month with a 30% discount. That’s a perfect option if you want to try out the products before selling.
- No order quantity minimums. You and your customers can order 1, 100, or 1000 items, it doesn’t matter!
Overall, that’s a great option if you want to test the waters. You can create a product in literally 10 minutes and immediately start selling it. No risk at all!
Many new merchants go to Alibaba when they decide to start a white label cosmetics brand. And that’s understandable. Alibaba offers a drop shipping services and has a big range of suppliers. Plus, the products there are very cheap.
However, there are some things that you should think about before choosing Alibaba as your dropshipping provider.
- It’s not exactly easy to find a reliable supplier on Alibaba.
- Usually, the manufacturing and labor standards are very low.
- There might be a language barrier which can lead to misunderstandings.
If you, however, choose Alibaba as your dropshipping provider, then first read the reviews on suppliers and ask them to send you a sample of products you like. Have in mind that they can send you a product of better quality and then ship something different to your customers.
Blanka is a cosmetics dropshipping company based in North America. Here’s what they offer:
- Wide selection of private label skincare and makeup products. That’s the best thing about Blanka. Now they have more than 170+ items produced in North America.
- Subscription plans. You’ll have to buy a subscription plan if you want to use Blanka. The cheapest option costs $29. There’s also a free plan which allows you to have only 10 unbranded products.
- Integration with Shopify. Blanka has a direct integration only with Shopify stores. However, if you’re on a paid plan, they will provide you with a CSV so you’ll be able to add the product to your online store on other platforms.
- No order minimums.
In general, Blanka is a good choice if you want to open a makeup products store. However, you cannot do anything on that platform if you don’t buy a subscription. Also, keep in mind that your design options here are very limited. You can only add your logo to the product.
Choosing an eCommerce Platform
The next step is choosing the best platform for your shop. Even if you plan to sell in your physical store, we would still recommend having an online alternative. Here are a few options with lists of their main pros and cons.
Promoting White Label Cosmetics Brands
And the last part, but not least — promotion! Here are a few important things to do if you want to make big bucks with your white label cosmetics business.
Define Your Target Audience
This is the first thing when creating a white label cosmetics brand. The target audience depends on the white label cosmetics products you’re going to sell and the needs they can fulfill. For example, if you’re selling high-quality vegan and organic white label cosmetics, then your target audience can be vegans who prefer quality products over cheap ones, and therefore have a stable income.
2 main questions that can help you identify your target audience.
- What’s the main problem your white label product can solve?
- Who regularly faces the problem that your product can solve?
Now, depending on your brand values, price, etc, you can define your target market by the following criteria:
- Marital status
- Income level
With a defined target audience you’ll be able to create ad campaigns that will bring you, real customers.
Collaborate With Influencers
This is one of the fastest ways to get recognition on social media. But what can you do if you are just beginning your journey in white label dropshipping and don’t have a lot to offer? Here are a few things.
- Barter collaboration. You give influencers white label products for free in exchange for a mention in their posts/stories/reels/TikTok. Usually, micro-influencers with 1-15k followers can agree to this kind of deal. However, choose them carefully! Remember: engagement rate is much more important than the actual number of followers. You can ask influencers to show you the statistics of their account before moving further with collaboration.
- Influencer event. This is a more expensive way to promote your product, but definitely more effective. With influencer events, you can get mentioned by dozens of accounts in one day and enjoy a lot of attention! That event doesn’t have to be something big. You can just book a table in your favorite restaurant, make a little presentation of your brand, prepare gift boxes with your white label products for all the attendants, and then just do a little networking! Of course, in this case, you should be ready to present yourself and act as the “face” of your brand.
- Omnisend Shopify Tutorial: (Smart Email Marketing For Shopify)
- Webflow vs Wix: Which Is The Best Website Builder In The Market?
- Simvoly vs Wix: Which One Is Better Website Builder For You?
Organize Giveaways And Contests
This is another way to get a lot of followers in a small amount of time. A lot of brands, both small and big, are organizing them. It seems really easy, however, there are a few things you should consider before starting a giveaway/contest.
- Check the guidelines for giveaways of your chosen social media and follow them strictly. Violation of the rules can lead to a permanent ban, so be very careful.
- Don’t forget that contests and giveaways are usually regulated by the law. Check the regulations that apply in your country.
- If you want to get a lot of attention, then it’s better to create a few big gift bundles for 3-5 winners.
Deliver The Best Customer Support
People always remember the way you treat them. And they always come back if they feel appreciated. Here are a few ways to show the customers that you care.
- Know your product. This is crucially important! You should know everything about your product — color, ingredients, and how it may affect different skin types. When you have all the information, you can make really good recommendations. Your customers will definitely appreciate that!
- Don’t make them wait. We know it’s hard to respond instantly, especially when you’re new to the white label business and handle everything alone. However, get back to your customers as fast as you can and make sure you resolve all the issues and answer all the questions.
- Give them personalized service. That’s what big companies lack. And you can make it to your advantage! It’s especially important in the beginning when you don’t have a lot of customers. Learn their names. Ask what they want to see in your product. Be honest. Don’t provide robotized “answers”. Be a human! You can even crack jokes if the mood of the conversation allows it.
Be Active In Social Media Communities
There are thousands of different communities/groups on social media, and you can definitely find the ones where your target audience hangs out. Here are a few things you should do there:
- Build trust. Don’t join the talks just to advertise your product. You’re a part of the community/group. Be an active member and share your opinions on things that are important for your potential customers.
- Don’t do direct advertising. This is another thing that you should avoid. Don’t advertise your product directly. You can do it in a very discreet way when someone asks for a tip/recommendation. Also, remember that direct advertising in this case can lead to a ban.
- Create your own community. Create your own community and invite your store visitors to join. Like this, you’ll be able to share important information, discuss relevant topics and build even more trusting relationships with your customers without spending a lot of money and time.
Now you can see that you don’t need a lot to create a white label cosmetics brand. In the beginning, you’ll just have to choose your dropshipping provider and the best platform for your store. So why not give it a try and see how it goes? Especially, when there are options that don’t require any upfront investment!