If your PC or workstation is running slower than you’d like, attempt these seven simple approaches to speed it up.
Think of it like a spring clean: clearing out applications you no longer use, removing temporary files which are consuming up space on your hard drive are tasks you’d most likely rather not do, yet rather they can have a noteworthy impact to any PC or workstation.
We’ve explained the tips in detail for Windows computers, however, the standards apply to any PC, including Macs and gaming PCs.
Before we make a plunge – one way to automatically make your PC run quicker, rather than manually, is by using a decent, trusted disk cleaner. It’s frequently difficult to observe which free online programs are true blue and which are terrible infection loaded software.
Not to stress, download CCleaner, a free, simple to utilize a bit of programming that tends to all the significant reasons for ease back PCs to begin you off. Here in this guide, you will see how to make a laptop run faster.
Steps To Make A Laptop Run Faster
Solution 1: Uninstall unnecessary programs from your laptop:
The first thing to do is uninstall unnecessary programs especially for the antivirus that often runs automatically and affect a lot at the speed of your laptop.
Step 1: Click on Start and select Control Panel on the right side (or type in control panel on the Search Box to search it).
Step 2: On the Control Panel, click on Programs. If you see the Uninstall a program link, you also can click on it and then go to step 4.
Step 3: Click on Programs and Features. If you see the Uninstall a program link, you also can click on it and then go to the step 4.
Step 4: Select the program you do not need, right-click on it, and click Uninstall.
Step 5: Remove all of the unnecessary programs one by one.
Solution 2: Remove unnecessary files to clean up your laptop
If your laptop has been in use for a long time, then it may have many duplicate and junk files you were not aware before. Now it is time to clear up the files.
(1) Clear up your desktop by deleting or removing the duplicate files.
(2) Open the disk to delete the duplicate and junk files one by one.
(3) Delete the zip file, movie, music, picture or other files that you do not need.
(4) Use disk clean up to release space for the laptop.
Step 1: Click on <strong>Start</strong>, and on the search box type in: <strong>disk cleanup</strong>.
Step 2: Click Disk Cleanup.
Step 3: Select the disk one by one and click on OK to check files you may need to clear.
Step 4: Check the checkbox if you need to delete the files or clean that item.
Step 5: Select the Recycle Bin option to empty the recycle bin.
Step 6: Click on OK to clean up the files.
Solution 3: Disable the unnecessary Startups on your laptop
(1) Press shortcut key (Windows + R) to open Run.
(2) Type in: msconfig, press Enter (or click on OK) to open System Configuration.
(3) Click on Startup.
(4) Uncheck the programs that you don’t want to run when the laptop starts.
(5) Click on Apply, and click OK.
Solution 4: Check disk errors on your laptop
With a long time of your laptop being used, it may produce some errors on the disk. Check disk error options can help to fix files system errors automatically.
Follow the steps below to scan error for disks:
(1) Double-click on the Computer icon on the desktop (or click on Start, and then click on Computer).
(2) Select the local disk, right click on it, and select Properties.
(3) Click on Tools, and click on Check now.
(4) Select automatically fix file system errors, and click Start.
Solution 5: Defragment hard disk to free up some space from your laptop
Disk Defragmenter consolidates fragmented files on your laptop hard disk to improve system performance.
(1) On the Search Box, type in: disk defragment.
(2) Click on Disk Defragment.
(3) Select a local disk, click on the Analyze disk button.
(4) The result will be shown in the Last Run column.
(5) If the analyzed result is above 10%, click on Defragment disk button.
Solution 6: Add more memory to your laptop
To make your laptop run faster, you can add more memory to your laptop with the following tips:
(1) If your system is Windows XP, I recommend you upgrade the memory to 1GB.
(2) If your system is windows vista, win7, win8 or win10, I recommend you to upgrade the memory to 8Gigs or more.
Solution 7: Change the HDD (Hard Disk driver) to SSD (Solid State Drive)
The read/write speed of SSD four or faster than the HDD, so I strongly recommend you replace your HDD with SSD. However, the HDD is reliable then SSD, so you should backup your important data when you are using an SSD.
Solution 8: Use CCleaner
Not to stress, download CCleaner, a free, simple to utilize a bit of programming that tends to all the significant reasons for ease back PCs to begin you off. Here CCleaner will solve the problem of slow running laptop and fix it accordingly. here CCleaner includes Defraggler to defragment hard drives, and it also uses Recuva to recover deleted files Basically this software is used and trusted by millions of people along with business users and has been installed in every country worldwide. No doubt with this tool you can make a laptop run faster.
- How to Make Money by Launching the Digital Courses On Udemy
- Amazon Native Ads: How to Make Money with Amazon Shopping Ads
- How Fulfillment By Amazon Works | All You Need to Know | Amazon FBA
- How to Make Money With Amazon Affiliate Program: Step By Step Guide 
EndNote: Make Laptop Faster
So with these simple steps, you can easily make a laptop run faster. Most probably you don’t have to wait for a program to launch on your laptop. Just choose a method which suits you best. I hope this post- How to make a laptop run faster suits your purpose well. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends on entire trending social media platforms.