Hey you bloggers we are back again with another brilliant interview.
As part of our BloggersIdeas interview series, today we Yogita aka Tanya here, She is the founder of DreamtTechie.com, and having around 4 years of experience in Online Marketing and have keen desire to became full time blogger, She loves blogging a lot. In this interview she would be sharing some useful SEO strategies.
Let’s start with interview!
First of all thanks Yogita for accepting interview request for my blog. Please tell me about your amazing blogosphere journey. Who introduce you to blogging?
Hi Jitendra, Thank you for bringing me here J
I am Yogita aka Tanya, a tech blogger from Delhi NCR. I am a pro blogger from last one year only before that I was doing into blogging for fun. My first job introduced me to blogging. I blogged a lot on free Blogger blogs but these days I am only focusing on my blog www.Dreamtechie.com
How to increase your conversion rate for an ecommerce website?
To increase the conversion rate of an ecommerce website first one should improve the trust rate of that particular website. Most basic trust signals are free shipping, free return and money back guarantee. These three basic signals build users’ trust on your ecommerce site and they will make a purchase without worrying about their money.
Also if your ecommerce sites already having these three features but still you are not achieving expected conversions then the issue is with your site layout or might be you are not highlighting about mentioned three most crucial points on Product page.
Some other points that may help you in increasing your websites conversion rate –
- Use live chat support. Check these live chat services providers.
- Get an indepth FAQs.
- Show user’s rating and reviews on product page.
- Show recommended products on same page.
How to increase YouTube video engagement?
Youtube is a great platform to get exposure these days. Below are three most important tips to increase Youtube engagement –
- Be Dependable and Consistent.
- Create Eye catchy and SEO friendly Meta Tags.
- Create Attractive thumbnail for your video.
- Use Inbuilt Youtube measurement tools to optimize performance.
- Use Annotations wisely to increase views and subscribers.
- Use social media sites effectively to get engagement on your videos.
How to increase engagement on facebook page?
- Post on Facebook fan page frequently.
- Use quotes and funny images time to time.
- Tag your friends and followers.
- Get a perfect look and feel for fan page.
- Run time to time contests.
- Include #hasgtags with FB post.
- Do reply to each and every comment.
What blogs do you read? Tell me about an article you recently read that stuck out to you.
I am the regular reader of SearchEngineRoundtable and Searchenginewatch.com.
Few articles those engaged me in last some days are –
Do you find WordPress platform better or blogger? Explain it.
Yeah, WordPress is so cool and flexible. Also it is an easy to understand blogging platform for beginners.
Blogger is good but only if you are creating your first blog not for the professional one.
Below are the reasons I would say WordPress is better choice over Blogger.com
- WordPress gives you more control over your blog.
- Unlimited WordPress plugins and themes option to improve your blog.
- WordPress support forum is always there to help newbie.
- SEO friendly behavior of WordPress makes it my first choice.
Check out Codeus Responsive Theme for WordPress
Using of excessive plugins on WordPress platform hurts your blog speed and creates clutter in codes. How many plugins you use for your blog?
Right now I am using 15 plugins in my Dreamtechie.com and till now have not realized any site load time issue. I am using most basic and essential WordPress plugins like –
- Yoast SEO (Just migrated to Yoast from All in one SEO)
- WordPress Database Backup
- Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox
- WP Super Cache
- WP Smush.it.
Also see: Best & Essential WordPress Plugins List
Do you think SEO Is a game now? Can everyone rank on keywords? What type of optimization need to be done in order to rank for a keyword?
Well that’s funny; SEO is not at all game. And to get ranked in Google for good keywords is not a joke. Proper SEO strategies and lots of efforts are required to achieve SERP.
To get ranked for particular keywords:
- First of all optimize your content and Meta title and desc tag.
- Use your keyword in starting of the Title.
- Make your content SEO enriched with similar keywords. Use keywords in generic way, no need to run after keyword stuffing.
- Once you publish the article create a few backlinks for that post.
- Use Google Authorship.
What type of keyword research tools you use for client business?
I only prefer Google Keyword Planner and apart from that I check webmaster tool to get keyword ideas.
Check out : Alternatives to Google Keyword planner
What type of SEO audit you do for new websites? Please explain necessary steps.
I start with Onpage optimization. In that I check
- Look and feel
- H1, H2 and Meta tags
- Site load time
- Canonical and robots tag
- Content, Keywords and Internal Linking
- URL structure
- User friendliness
Then I move to off Page optimization and analyze –
Backlinks (Inbound & Outbound links)
I check social presence of that website. (Social signals help a lot in achieving better SERP.)
Suppose your client business is penalized by Google algorithm. How you will check that is being affected which Google update? Please brief it .
If there would be any manual penalty we will get the message in Webmaster tool.
Else we can note the sudden ranking changes and traffic changes dates and then we can check the latest updates dates. If there would be any relation between dates of Google updates and our traffic or rank changes then we will get the fair idea about the site penalty status.
Top Social media websites you use for sharing your content?
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and Google PlusJ. That’s it…. I do use some other sites but my favorites are above five.
What is your Klout score, how to reach high klout score?
My Klout score is 59.45, which is good enough. And I got this score because of my active social media profiles. To improve your Klout score create content on your social profiles that people want to share and respond to. Check helpful reference to improve Klout score with the help of Twitter –
I hope you readers really enjoyed interview session with Tanya, she had put her lot of efforts in this interview.
If you have any questions or doubts please do ask in the comments below !