Pinterest has reached the level to prove itself to be extremely valuable social network, capturing a massive social share. It has acquired nearly $ 4 billion valuation in its four years of existence. It has shown a marked growth in offline retail influence and e- commerce potential. Since the launch of Guided search function, Pinterest is fast evolving into a discovery platform. It has reached that platform to challenge Google on product search.
But who are the users of Pinterest because of which it has soared to this height of popularity and what are the other statistics which determine Pinterest?
Check out Must Know Facts About Pinterest Users
1)Propelled by Women – Research has proved that 80% of pinners are from the women population. The popularity of Pinterest has to be attributed to the surging female pinners. 92% of pins on this site are from women. In less than three years from 87% of activity it has reached 94% , another effect of its large domination by women.
2) Brands reaping benefits from Pinterest – Each pin has a characteristic to get linked with a URL, so brands can directly benefit by using Pinterest. After Tumblr and Blogspot the high ranked domains voted by the pinners are:
- William – sonoma.com
Etsy is the clear winner by the number of repins in the site. But only 8% of the total repins are directly cashing in from Etsy. The rest 92% is via Pinterest, so Pinterest’s whopping influence among pinners is evident.
Also Read: Pinterest Marketing tools
3) What do women find so overwhelming in Pinterest – On an average female pinners are posting about 158 pins. The ruling categories are eateries, home decors, refreshments, events, promotions, holiday destinations , art and craft. Pinterest also has spread its wings in categories like women fashion, beauty and health. It has special categories in kids, education , film , music books, animals and photography.
4) Prime Time – No single pin is popular or unpopular throughout the year. Pins have their seasonal demands and off season showdown. Health and fitness pins are super popular as part of new year resolutions. Holiday pins takes charge from August onward. Refreshments pins are summer favorites whereas food, academy are mostly all rounder pins. Wedding and bride pins have their particular rounds too. Pins start from daytime while taking a jump in the evening.
New data insights on Pinterest’s potential and its future.
Few months ago Pinterest took a leap in utility in the business field by providing free access to its suite of analytical tools. Pinterest is the first of its kind social media channel made for marketing. Pinterest has taken away the bronze from email. In 2013 it outpaced email to become the third most popular social sharing channel. Of course most of the growth has its credit to women followers. Thanks to them as Pinterest ranks among the top three in social sharing with Facebook and Twitter. Pinterest is considered among the very likely buyer of Yahoo because of its increasing valuation and own IPO potential.
A recent report by Buzzfeed has dug the secret that Pinterest is slowly pacing towards a type of search engine which will necessarily not be a text based search engine.
Are you pinterest lover, share your pinterest accounts in the comments section below. Lets see how many users are active on Pinterest.