Are you seeking a NameHero Hosting Review 2024? Now is the time to read our professional evaluation.
Do you want to host your blog on a reliable, fast server with 99.9% uptime? If so, then NameHero Hosting is perfect for you.
You’ll have complete control of your account and will never have to worry about being kicked off the internet again because our servers are optimized specifically for bloggers who need their site up all day long.
Whether you’ve been blogging since 2008 or just started last week, we gotcha covered! Ready to get started?
NameHero Review 2024: Top Pros & Cons What is NameHero Hosting?
Startup Hero (the company’s founders) created NameHero in 2015. We’re a domain name, web hosting, and VPS provider.
Over the years, it has hosted more than 30,000 websites.
The company has servers in Arizona and Michigan. NameHero is an American company.
NameHero’s shared hosting is available in four different options that are suitable for e-commerce businesses of all sizes and come with the following features:
- Uptime of 99.9%
- SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt
- Backups are automatically performed every day
- Registration of one domain for free
- SSD unlimited (limited by inode)
LiteSpeed is a web server provided by NameHero that has a nine-fold performance increase over Apache.
It reduces the time to the first byte (which is a factor in Google PageSpeed) and thus improves page load times.
My favorite feature of CloudFlare is the Railgun connection.
As a standalone service, Cloudflare is a very useful tool since it can provide load balancing, image and code compression, among other things.
Railroads accelerate these tasks.
Railgun speeds up the connection between your origin server and Cloudflare by compressing dynamic content up to 99.6% and improving its speed by an average of 200%.
In addition to RAID 10 mirroring and stripping, NameHero also uses RAID 10 to ensure a level of stability and redundancy on its servers.
Performance and reliability are enhanced with the SSD.
A dedicated resource is provided to each customer through CloudLinux OS.
As NameHero offers Softaculous applications installer, you don’t need to worry about installing WordPress manually.
Among the apps it supports are WordPress, Magento, Joomla!, and more. It does not provide an online builder.
So, let me now discuss the features of NameHero Hosting in detail.
Other than fast loading times, I also look for high-quality security in a hosting company.
Since I’m being honest, I’m slightly paranoid.
Imunify360 is included for free with all hosting plans from NameHero.
Imunify360 offers the following features:
1. Advanced Firewall
Using artificial intelligence, the company’s Advanced Firewall feature detects and stops threats in real-time.
By doing so, you’ll be able to prevent some common attacks, including brute force, denial-of-service, and port scanning.
2. Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS and IPS)
Monitoring your traffic and looking for suspicious activity and known threats, the intrusion detection system (IDS) reports any anomalies.
The software also scans log files and blocks IP addresses that show malicious signs, including failed passwords and potential exploits.
With an intrusion prevention system (IPS), your network can be monitored for any malicious activities that might take advantage of a known vulnerability and be blocked.
3. Malware Detection
File systems are automatically scanned for malware injections and quarantined if infected.
The real-time scanning prevents attacks from starting because it stops them before they’ve even begun. In addition, they notify you about them inside cPanel.
4. Proactive Defense
Zero-day attacks are protected by this feature.
Cyberattacks that take place on the same day that hackers discover a vulnerability in software are known as zero-day attacks.
With their Proactive Defense, they identify threats on your account in real-time and block them automatically.
5. Reputation Management
Online reputation tracking allows you to track the reputation of your brand.
Your site is checked regularly to see if it is blocked by any blacklists and you are notified if it is.
For example, Google may blacklist your site if it suspects it is delivering malware, and remove it from its search results (SERPs).
Also, your emails might not get delivered if you are listed on a Real-time Blackhole List (RBL).
6. Do Your Part
In addition to the care NameHero takes to secure its network and customer accounts, there are several things you should do to keep your site even safer:
- Adding a second factor to the authentication
- Themes and plugins should be updated
- Passwords should be strong
- Login page relocation
- WordFence is a free security plugin you can install
Blog and Knowledge Base
Hosting companies offer blogs and knowledge bases today, but only a few of them are useful. Instead, NameHero offers a comprehensive knowledge base and a blog that is very useful.
I have often turned to the blog for answers instead of searching for them via Google. It is incredibly helpful.
Also, Ryan offers tutorials about various aspects of hosting as well as do’s and don’t on his Youtube channel.
The video above is an introduction to NameHero by Ryan.
Pricing and Support
Despite offering affordable hosting, NameHero keeps quality high.
Cloud Linux, SSDs with RAID 10, and Railgun connections are proof of that.
It also offers free SSL and domain registration. However, be aware that the quoted prices are only valid when paid in advance for 36 months.
Offsite backups cost based on how much space you want, and there is no month-to-month payment plan.
When you pay for hosting, you don’t have to pay any setup fees, but if you need a refund, a “setup fee” is taken out of your refund that comes to about a month’s hosting cost.
The customer service team is available 24 hours a day via email, phone, and live chat.
It took less than 15 minutes for them to respond to my ticket, which is impressive.
In addition, it has both text and video tutorials in its comprehensive knowledge base.
There are four web hosting plans offered by NameHero. LiteSpeed cache, unmetered bandwidth, and unlimited SSD storage are all included in the plans.
The company also offers SSL certificates for free, nightly backups, security shields, no-cost Cloudflare, free LiteSpeed web servers, and Railgun.
- Starter Cloud — With this plan, you get 1GB RAM for $3.58/month when you sign up for a 3-year contract.
- Plus Cloud — A 3-year plan starting at $5.18/month includes RAM 2GB
- Turbo Cloud — With this plan, you’ll get 3GB of RAM for $7.98 per month for three years.
- Business Cloud — You get 4GB of RAM with the last plan. It costs $11.98/month for 3 years.
NameHero makes it easy to start your own web hosting business.
All of their reseller plans come with LiteSpeed cache, WHMCS panel, and auto SSL certificates, as well as a list of extra features such as the reseller toolkit with one-click WordPress installation, private nameservers, and domain reseller account, as well as nightly backups, free of cost Cloudflare with Railgun, free LiteSpeed webserver, and many others.
- Silver — This plan is ideal for beginners and includes 40GB SSD storage, 500GB bandwidth, and the capability to host up to 40 client accounts.
- Gold —It’s great for reseller businesses that are just starting out and need more space. Up to 60 client accounts can be hosted on the server, which has 75GB of SSD storage and 800GB of bandwidth. A 3-year subscription to this plan is priced at $14.83/month.
- Platinum —You can host up to 80 client accounts with the Platinum package, which comes with 150GB of SSD storage, 1,000GB of bandwidth, and 150GB of SSD storage. Purchasing this plan for three years will cost you $18.88/month.
- Diamond — The last plan includes 200GB of SSD storage, 2,000GB of bandwidth, and hosting for 100 clients. Three-year plans begin at $30.13.
With a VPS, you can host your website in a more secure environment if you have a large website. ‘
There are four different plans available to meet the needs of growing businesses, and they include fully managed servers, dedicated IP addresses, free automatic SSL certificates, one-click WordPress installs, and unlimited incoming bandwidth.
- Hero 2GB — There is also a plan here that comes with 30GB of SSD storage, 2GB of RAM, and 10TB of outgoing bandwidth for the cheapest price. Starting at $21.97/month for the annual plan, this plan is affordable.
- Hero 4GB — A 60GB SSD storage space, 4GB of RAM, and 10TB of outgoing bandwidth are included in this plan. For the yearly plan, pricing starts at $27.47/month.
- Hero 6GB — As part of this plan, you’ll receive 90GB of SSD storage, 6GB of RAM, and 10TB of incoming traffic. The monthly price for this plan is $40.12 for the yearly plan.
- Hero 8GB — In addition to 120GB of SSD storage, 8GB of RAM, and 10TB of outgoing bandwidth, the last plan offers 4GB of RAM. The cost of this plan for the yearly plan is $48.37/month.
Dedicated Cloud Hosting
With NameHero, you can host large enterprise sites and popular applications with a lot of incoming traffic on a dedicated cloud hosting plan.
We offer a wide range of hosting plans that come with free incoming bandwidth, fully managed servers, offsite backups, one-click WordPress installs, and automatic WordPress updates.
- Standard Cloud — During the first month, your Standard Cloud plan will come with 8GB of RAM, 210GB of SSD storage, and 5TB of outgoing bandwidth. Pricing starts at $153.97 per month.
- Enhanced Cloud — 4.5TB of outgoing bandwidth, 15GB of RAM, and 3.6GHz processor round out this plan. A monthly fee of $192.47 is charged.
- Enterprise Cloud — A 3.8GHz Processor, 31 GB of RAM, 460 GB of SSD storage, and 5TB of outgoing bandwidth are included in this plan. Monthly prices begin at $269.47.
- Hypersonic Cloud — There are two 2.1GHz processors and 62GB of RAM in the last plan. SSD storage is 900GB and moving bandwidth is 5TB. The monthly rate is $368.47.
FAQ About NameHero Hosting
Is There Free NameHero SSL?
Absolutely! At the end of 2016, NameHero Hosting began providing free SSL certificates. This is an impressive accomplishment considering that BlueHost and HostGator only began offering free SSL in mid-2018. Unlike other companies such as SiteGround, where you must enable SSL certificates manually, Let's Encrypt's certificates are automatically applied to new shared hosting accounts.
Where can I find the NameHero Blog?
Website owners will find Startup NameHero's blog to be an invaluable resource. Almost every issue a regular user may face is covered in tutorials. We offer detailed WordPress guides, cPanel how-tos, VPN assistance, etc. You're likely to find help on the NameHero blog if you need it. I also contribute on a regular basis!
NameHero accepts the following payment methods?
There are three ways to pay at NameHero: Using a credit card The Paypal Coinbase In my opinion, this is the first hosting company to accept cryptocurrency that I have reviewed.
What are the locations of NameHero's data centers?
Besides two US datacenters, NameHero has a Dutch datacenter as well Phoenix, Arizona Lansing, Michigan Amsterdam, EU The two zones represent the central and west coasts of the United States, respectively. NameHero Datacenters In Michigan, the one with 35,000 servers is much larger. In Phoenix, there are only 2,000 servers. NameHero’s European Datacenter The opening of NameHero's newest data center in the Netherlands was announced on November 4, 2019. For the first time, NameHero will expand outside the US. With an estimated capacity of 25,000 servers, the European data center is relatively new, having just been established in 2014. Connectivity is provided by two Internet exchanges: AMS-IS NL-IX When you sign up for a new package, you can choose the datacenter where you want to host your site: Hosting companies typically serve only one continent at a time. Therefore, NameHero's business and horizons are expanding, which is a positive sign. Until recently, European customers may have been hesitant to purchase hosting from a provider with only data centers in the United States. With a Netherlands location, however, your customers will benefit from faster connection times, as well as better overall service.
What are the NameHero Nameservers?
NameHero's nameservers are listed below: namehero.net namehero.net If you have a registrar other than NameHero, you can use these in your DNS control panel.
- AdLeaks Review: Should You Join It?
- Cloudways Laravel Hosting Review: Should You Try It?
- Best Cheap Cloud VPS Hosting
- Cloudways Managed WordPress Hosting Review: For High-Performing Websites
Conclusion: NameHero Hosting
While NameHero is primarily known for its reseller hosting plans, their shared hosting plans scored highly during my web hosting testing.
Additionally, they had less than 5 minutes of downtime during the 3-month testing period and their plans are among the cheapest for the speed you get.
In comparison to some other hosting companies, NameHero’s user interface is less friendly.
When you host your site with NameHero, you get fast loading times at an affordable price.
For this reason, I strongly recommend NameHero.