Let’s say that you’re entirely new to this whole blogging thing, but you’re eager to learn everything there is about it in order to become an avid blogger yourself. If that is indeed your plan, it will take a bit more to give your blog a proper boost than to simply post it on social media and hope for the best.
Sharing your blog on social media is enough when you have a massive base of followers who live for your blog posts. Since this status might be far from your reach at the moment, let’s talk about the things you should do to get there.
There are so many ways to promote your blog and boost your traffic that it’s easy to lose count. The trick is to know what you want to find the best course of action according to your business niche and promotional needs. The following tips should help you get ahead of your blogging game.
Table of Contents
List Of Top 6 Professional Tips for Starting Your Blog 2022
1) Optimize Your Blog
The first step to boosting your blog is ensuring your site is fully functional and running smoothly. It helps your readers have an enjoyable experience while engaging with your content. More importantly, site optimization means indexing your site so that search engines present it to potential readers.
You can achieve optimizations by considering the following things:
- Web hosting: the entire user experience depends on how reliable your web host is.
- Speed: modern internet users don’t like slow-loading websites. Make sure your blog loads fast enough.
- Security: cybersecurity is a thing in 2021, so get on board with the latest standards.
- Linking: you need both internal and external links to increase the engagement and reach of your posts. Make sure there are no broken links on your blog, and if you have to redirect, make sure it takes your readers to the wanted web page.
2) Content Research and Planning
Once you have your blog up and running, it’s time to start doing your research to create top-quality content for your readers. You can begin by clearly determining your niche. The niche is the topic of your blog.
Choose something that people are interested in to make promoting your blog easier. Do some research on the hottest topics, trends, and buzzwords in your niche. Here are some tips on how to find your niche:
- Research your audience: consider your audience to create custom-tailored content that will aspire engagement.
- Find your brand voice: present your content in a personalized manner to give your brand the tone of voice that will tell your story and convey your brand message.
- Consider different content types: the best kind of content is mixed content, containing images, videos, and text.
There are many locations that your blog might want to target. The trick is to know what people in those locations are searching for and who your main competitors are around those areas. This is a situation when a VPN (Virtual Private Network) can be of some assistance.
A top-rated VPN provider will likely have servers all over the world. So, you can easily trick Google into believing you are from anywhere in the world and engage with local audiences from across the globe. A VPN also protects your privacy and ensures that you are exposed to less tracking than usual.
3) On-Page SEO
Just like your website, your content needs optimization too. Think of a catchy title, include short URLs with keywords on your blog, and add meta descriptions to attract more readers. Make sure each of your blog pages has keywords included on it. The choice of keywords or certain key phrases might depend on your analysis of what people are searching for. However, you also need to consider whether you have a chance of ranking. It mostly refers to the positions your blog stands in terms of Ahrefs, SEMrush, and MOZ. Such scores determine the credibility of your website, which will (hopefully) increase over time as you produce more and more content.
Aside from text, your visual content, such as images, needs proper optimization too. Alt text, file size, and dimensions are the three most important things to think of when optimizing your images. However, many writers do not consider the power of storytelling through images.
4) The Power of Images
- Catch users’ attention. If your blog is not incredibly formal, try going for whimsical approaches. If you laugh, you learn, and images could trigger an immediate response without the reader even opening your article.
- Choose the style for your blog. Colors that complement each other and repetitive stylistic elements might seem trivial but is a big part of readers’ experiences. It is not all about the words you produce. You need additional elements to tie everything together.
- Make statistics easy. If your article includes a lot of discussion of current trends or statistical data, graphs are your salvation. It delivers the message in seconds, which might be boring if the reader has to read everything instead of getting a visual representation.
- Do not hide behind images. While bombarding your reader with visual elements can seem like a good idea, it can be a distraction. An optimal solution is to add graphics every 100, but it all depends on the situation. For instance, your article could be a how-to, meaning that images are essential to conveying the instructions. However, free stock images across the article might seem rather funny, especially if users have already seen them on other sites.
5) Email Marketing
Don’t forget the power of email marketing, as it’s still one of the best ways to promote your blog and create a direct connection with your readers. For this purpose, you will need a suitable email marketing platform, presumably one that does not cost you a fortune (since you are only starting in the blogging industry).
While you might be on board with this idea, email marketing for bloggers has a downside (or an opportunity, depending on your attitude). How do you get people to subscribe to your letters? Cultivating a subscriber list is not easy, as many consumers regard them as promotional content offering little to no value.
Thus, your task is to design a plan to offer value to your readers. It could be that subscribers to your emails receive recaps of weekly news or notifications about relevant events. Let’s say your blog focuses on graphic design trends and ideas. Your email marketing strategy could work on the basis that users receive some exclusive content, such as brushes for Adobe Photoshop you have designed. Opportunities are endless. You just need to think strategically and consider the thin line between spam and letters that bring substantial value.
6) Social Media Marketing
Social media provides you with all the necessary visibility and exposure you need to get the word out about your blog. Sharing your content on the most prominent social media networks will get you more visibility. Still, the trick is to develop your social media marketing strategy to get the most of your efforts by engaging with more people.
Each network has its audience and voice, so optimize your content to suit each network. Of course, you might want to try every social media network possible. However, it is best to start with a few or only one social platform. It will allow you to focus on the platform at hand instead of constantly jumping between different ones. The choice of the platform also depends on the content you produce.
Make sure you maintain a strong, authoritative, and regular presence by posting consistently. You should also consider establishing your presence on forums, communities, and social groups such as:
- Web forums
- LinkedIn groups
- Pinterest groups
- Facebook groups
Quick Links :
- SEO Tips for Bloggers
- 3 Content Marketing Tips to Put Your Blogging Business into Overdrive
- Edureka Digital Marketing Course Review
Conclusion: Top 6 Professional Tips for Starting Your Blog 2022
As you can see, running a blog requires some patience, a fair amount of time, resources, and effort. However, there are so many ways to harness the power of automation and leverage it to your advantage.
The majority of these things require your attention just once; the rest is mostly automated. You’ll need to keep an eye on the latest trends from time to time and make sure you’re consistent with your content.
When it comes to promoting your blog, consistency is one of the driving factors of your success. There are many more tips we can give you, but these are the very essentials you need to start boosting your blog like a professional.