ScalaHosting may not be worldwide popular but it surely is getting there. Well, you will see why in this ScalaHosting Review.
Since we are already here, you will be engulfed in a detailed review that will bring your understanding of this platform a level up. Plus, with such knowledge, you will be able to decide if this platform is worth your time or not. And will also analyze that his platform suits your needs and budgets or not within a few quick seconds.
When I first started, I was in grave need of a VPN Solution and something that would ease a little bit of my work stress by performing simple tasks for me. If you are here for the same reason, then choosing this software should not be that difficult for you.
This is a literal gem for those of you who are looking for a web hosting platform. It offers a reasonable price along with amazing features for small companies and individual workers.
While the features are pretty attractive, the performance is exceptionally good too, making this platform perfect if you are a beginner or just working with a small but growing brand.
Table of Contents
ScalaHosting Review: In A Nutshell
Is it possible for a really little-known software to bounce out of the blue and challenge the giants in the industry to beat them at their own game? Well, to be exact, Scala aims at doing just that.
And while I am truly fond of interesting underdog stories, I also tend to be pretty skeptical. Well, as expected, an outstanding web hosting platform needs to do way too many things that are usually lacking in various companies.
Let us take a tour in the depths of ScalaHosting though, it hails from the gorgeous Dallas, Texas, and works towards offering scalable, yes, that is when the name comes into the picture, hosting packages, from the simplicity of shared hosting to the advanced VPS solutions in high demand these days.
It has about two operating data systems, one that has been located in Dallas, aka, their hometown, and the other in Sofia, Bulgaria. While the paper shows the beauty of this platform, I always have this urge to check things out and I did.
I went for the basic plan for quick signup and checked out the aspects this platform holds. I also tested the customer support system they have integrated and the performance too.
Well, as this is still a small but developing brand, it has pretty interesting qualities. Sure, it is not perfect on every level but it surely is impressive enough to catch your attention.
Keep reading to uncover the features this platform offers to its users.
Features Of ScalaHosting
Ease of use
We all are aware of the fact that for a hosting server to be exceptionally wonderful, it needs to be pretty simple to put to use, and to our advantage, ScalaHosting is very understanding about that.
Sure, I am not going to go far and say that the experience was excellent with no issues at all but the problems that I did face were barely noticeable. It just takes a couple of minutes to signup here.
Scala’s homepage is full of data regarding the differences held by VPS and Shared hosting. They are explained using graphics and graphs which makes it super easy to understand and also includes information one would need to make an appropriate decision.
A decent system for customer support
Luckily, ScalaHosting offers a support system that operates around the clock. Yes, that is absolutely correct! It is available 24/7 with speakers who are fluent in English. With my initial research, I gathered, it was quite evident that most of the users of this brand were exceptionally glad about the service they received.
Now, that is something really intriguing since interactions with customers and the brand involved are pretty headache-inducing. Now, you can ask what makes me feel that way, well, most companies offer a support system that has neither English speakers nor have any knowledge regarding the basics of hosting.
They provide an option of the live chest which I used before signing up. Because of my excitement regarding this so-called good support, I bombarded the agent with a bunch of questions regarding the brand.
Although, my main question for him was to explain the pricing plans in detail, to which, the reply was almost instant, and found that the agent I got was extremely knowledgeable as well as pretty patient. And for things she did not have a sure answer to, she took the time to research and come up with the right answer.
Also, there is the option of a ticket system that you can use. Here, the instant was pretty quick too, at max, it was a total of 5 minutes and this truly surprised me since I am used to the usual 1-2 hours of waiting I do when expecting a reply from the ticket system.
Pricing | How Much Does ScalaHosting Cost?
ScalaHosting Pros and cons
Well, let us see how ScalaHosting serves us with the bad and good points. Just have a look at the pros and cons.
- It has a good global reputation in the marketplace and has been serving for more than 13 years now without even appearing once on the blacklist.
- It has excellent hosting services and servers at a very high pace. Moreover, the results are consistent that is a very big thing in itself.
- However, the most amazing feature that makes ScalaHosting stand out from the local hosts is its SPanel and it applies to VPS and Cloud plan users.
- It offers WordPress that itself is a practically managed environment for WordPress hosting.
- It is highly protected with SShield as attacks are common and high securities are needed. It is active 24/7. It also keeps a check on attacks and keeps suggesting measures and steps to website owners for security and safety. child works with an AI engine that adds to the defense.
- It includes many freebies in its hosting packages such as an SSL, free domain name, free migration services, backups, and copies of sites stored.
- It offers White label hosting for all plans, unlike some others that offer this only for resellers.
- It is highly flexible and is much more cheaper and affordable as compared to the other hosting platforms.
- They are top-rated by Trustpilot for quality of service with a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
- The thing that I mostly unliked about ScalaHosting is that the price bumps to a higher rate once the plan is renewed. For eg, if you are purchasing a plan for $2, after a renewal of the plan, you would have to pay $5.
- They run promotions very rarely and not many promo-codes are available.
- A major drawback that is noticeable is that databases here run only on SSD. Other things utilize traditional hard drives. This makes it less efficient than the powered SSD solutions in the marketplaces.
Testimonials Of ScalaHosting Review
There are many alternatives you can choose from if you are dissatisfied with ScalaHosting. Here are a couple of them-
This brand offers a fantastic and reliable uptime, the speed of servers is pretty impressive and offers up way too many good features that you do not want to miss on.
- An excellent uptime.
- It is super easy to put to use.
- There is customer support available 24/7.
- The renewal rates are pretty high.
- The cheapest plan available here comes with way too many restrictions for my liking.
The main hosting plan here includes famous apps, such as WordPress, options for building web pages along with theirs, and several others, like, Weebly or Wix.
- There is a guarantee for money-back up to 97 days.
- It is very affordable.
- The bandwidth is limitless.
- The live chat option for support is pretty limited.
- The uptime is averagely poor.
This is one of the cheapest providers for shared hosting in the market currently. It actively participates in boosting way too many features.
- The loading time here is fairly quick.
- The interface is super simple to put to use.
- This brand is extremely cheap.
- The uptime is pretty inconsistent.
- No traditional cPanel is offered here.
FAQs On ScalaHosting Review
👉How easy is ScalaHosting to use?
The interface provided by this brand is super easy to use. You can give the Ese Of Use a visit and read how simple it was to use according to my opinion.
👉What is the least price at which you can get access to the benefits of this brand?
You can unlock the shared hosting benefits with the Minipack that costs you only about $3.95 every month. It is the same price for the WP Mini pack that is offered under WordPress Hosting.
👉What sort of customer support is offered at ScalaHosting?
To be brief, Scala offers various methods to reach out for help. You can use the live chat option provided as well as the ticket system offered by them. It is super reliable in times of need and the support team is always polite but professional.
Conclusion: ScalaHosting Review 2023
To give you a simple answer, Scala is almost everything you want from a VPS and/or ScalaHosting platform. It gives you whatever you ask for while giving it a reasonable price.
Plus, with such cheap options, even if you are not sure about using the platform, you can give it a try. They are highly responsible for moving your brand without any downtime.
Since the platform is extremely affordable, it is effectively put to use by beginners which shows how easy the interface is to use as well as experienced techs who would like to focus on the main part of the job, that is, building their web page.
It has an amazing team for customer support where all the agents are super professionals but polite and patient enough to explain things properly and in a way that is understandable.
Also, if you want to reach out to their support team, you can either go for the Live Chat option or the ticket system. The replies you receive using either of these methods are quick enough to get you all impressed.