With the world moving ahead, it’s only fair that we move forward with it. And currently, the world is going digital, communications to teaching; everything is digital. So why not businesses?
Here’s all you need to know about how you can take your business on a digital platform with the help provided by the best experts in the market, and boom your profits and sales! Let’s have a look at the comparison between two experts that is Shopify Vs Shopify Plus.
Shopify Vs Shopify Plus 2021: An Overview
If you’re reading this, it means that you already know about Shopify and Shopify plus, but are still trying to figure out which one to choose. Don’t worry, that’s what I am here for. This blog will tell you everything you need to know about Shopify vs Shopify Plus and will help you make your decision to choose the best out of both.
Shopify has reached heights since its launch in 2014 by Tobias Lutke, with around 500,000+ merchants using it for eCommerce. Out of which almost 60% are on Shopify Plus
The key difference between Shopify and Shopify plus is, that Shopify helps out the small-scale businesses for eCommerce, whereas Shopify plus is for the bigger fish in the pond. And this key difference is also noted in the pricing that both the platforms offer.
But even small business owners can expand and sell their products online, this is where Shopify comes of great help. And for the big business owners, or as I said above, bigger fishes in the ponds making huge profits and millions in sales would love the experience that Shopify plus has to offer, it’s pretty customizable.
Shopify Plus gives almost the same core features like Shopify, but with the new features like dedicated support options, your store’s underlying code, AI features, and more.
Let’s dig more into what Shopify and Shopify plus offer. I will take you through the similarities and the differences between both the platforms, so it makes it easier for you to decide which one suits you best.
Shopify Vs Shopify Plus -Website and User Interface
Both websites are well designed and interactive.
As of what I could say the website designers have kept it pretty easy for people to navigate through them and find out what they’re looking for. The websites also give clear instructions on how you can put the product for sale on shopping websites or create your own.
And the best part is, that you don’t need to be a coding expert to create the website, with Shopify Plus, the website will be formed for and according to you by the experts available to help you out with that.
Shopify Plus and Shopify both have their blogs within their websites to keep the customers and entrepreneurs updated about the new features and technological advancement.
Shopify Plus also has an on-screen chat option that would guide you through the website and clear your doubts within a few moments. Shopify has kept its options limited, but Shopify Plus offers a whole lot of things on the home page for you to understand its every feature with the help of numerous customer reviews as well.
Shopify Plus is very customizable for the eCommerce businesses, as it offers a range of various features which allow you to be in control of the products you sell on different platforms, which offers to apply, the check out process, customer ease of buying; these make the shopping experience for a person easy and swift.
Whereas Shopify limits its flexibility, making it a proper fit for a small business that focuses on ongoing digital, but with limited resources.
However, Shopify and Shopify plus both belong to the same parent company and hence are the same to use, with almost the same dashboard base features. The major difference comes when we compare, not how but what both of the eCommerce Business Building websites can do and achieve.
Shopify Vs Shopify Plus- Pricing and Features
In this section I will be talking about the pricings offered by both Shopify and Shopify Plus along with their features, so you can get a clear picture of Shopify vs Shopify Plus
As you can see, Shopify itself has three different options to offer different price ranges.
The Basic Shopify would cost you around $29 per month. And this is what Basic Shopify has to offer at that price.
- You can build an online store and sell unlimited products, but will only be able to create two staff accounts to manage the products and their sales.
- Basic offers you 24*7 support to help you and solve any query you might have about the online store or sales.
- Along with this it provides you with a Sales channel that helps you sell your product on various online platforms or social media.
- The other features offered by it are Manual order creation, Gift cards, abandoned cart recovery, Discount codes, and an SSL certificate for FREE!!
A version above Basic, is Shopify; priced at $79 per month it offers the same features as Basic but along with some additions, let’s see what they are.
- Instead of 2 staff accounts, you can get access to 5 staff accounts
- And the feature with increases the pricing to such extent is Professional reports. This will give you a monthly report of your business and its sales.
Now let me take you a little further by giving the details about Advanced Shopify.
- It is priced at $299 per month
- Offers all the features of Basic and Shopify along with Advanced report builder and third-party calculated shipping rates which enables you to decide your shipping rates or use a third-party rate.
- Also, it gives access to 15 staff accounts under your business.
The other difference amongst these three variants of Shopify is the transaction fees, Basic, Shopify, and Advanced would apply a transaction fee of 2.0%, 1.0%, and 0.5% respectively.
Shopify Plus Pricing
Now let’s talk about Shopify plus, it doesn’t offer a fixed price like the other variant Shopify. But customizes pricing for the business based on their Annual revenue or the company turn over. On average the pricing starts somewhere from $2000 per month. This might be a steep price to pay for heading on to eCommerce, but with all the features it has to offer, the price seems worth it. Let’s suppose you have an income of around $100,000 per month, so that makes it only 2% of your income that you pay to Shopify Plus for the additional features to boost your eCommerce as well.
Shopify Plus does justice to its name by offering a sea of options to help you reach international markets too. Along with all the features of Shopify, it also provides solutions for the following options.
- Staff accounts – Shopify plus offers unlimited staff accounts to be created for your business, as compared to the limited number of staff accounts provided by Shopify.
- Online store- Shopify Plus and Shopify both help you set up your online store to sell the products and services. Though Shopify has some restrictions, keeping in mind the pricing scale; Shopify Plus, on the other hand, makes it pretty easy for your to customize your online store and set rules which stand up to your company
- International eCommerce- Shopify plus can expand your market and you access to various stores around the world by taking your business on the international market. This broadens your product reach, which in turn benefits your company by multiplying your sales.
- Headless eCommerce- it separates the front and back end to allow independent operation so that changes on one end would not force changes on the other. Businesses such as INKBOX, GRASSROOTS, koala, ROTHY’S use Shopify plus for headless eCommerce
- Campaigns and flash sales- For this, Shopify plus offers you a launchpad automation tool that handles a lot of things for you ranging from handling the events, sales, or product releases or campaigns to promote them.
- eCommerce automation- As talked about above, the world is going digital and so are businesses, but it is also true that not every person would have the required tech knowledge, Using Shopify Shopify plus offers you Shopify Flow which takes your focus away from tech and allows to you to focus on the growth in the other areas of your business, while it handles the eCommerce tech flawlessly.
- Multi-channel eCommerce– this feature of Shopify Plus enables you to sell your product on various social media platforms or shopping applications with the ease of making a toast. It includes selling your products on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Messenger, Snapchat, Google, Microsoft, eBay, and much more. In total 20 channels.
- Retail and point of sale – Nowadays people have a lot of options in the market, you decide to buy a television, you have options from around 20 brands for that. And amidst this competition, the probability of your product being chosen goes down, to make sure that you receive the deserved response for your product, Shopify plus creates a personal experience for your customer, which is the whole point of retail. The point of sale enables you to accept payment from any third-party digital payment option, and it works with all the channels that you decide to sell your product to. These platforms include GooglePay, PayPal, Apple Pay, Klarna, Amazon Pay, and others.
- Wholesale- Shopify Plus Wholesale feature creates a channel that allows you to sell your product in bulk to other businesses, which brings us to the B2B feature of Shopify Plus, which simply means Business-to-Business.
- AI- This is the most interesting feature that I have come across till date, Shopify plus makes use of Artificial Intelligence to display how the product would look when used or placed somewhere, this makes it quite easy for the buyer to check the compatibility of the feature. It can be used for a wide range of things, ranging from handicrafts to cosmetics.
This big list of features makes Shopify Plus the best option for a business that is already booming but wants to expand more.
Shopify Vs Shopify Plus- An Overall Comparison
Let’s talk about the similarities between Shopify and Shopify Plus:
- Easy navigation and creation of the website for eCommerce
- Basic dashboard with blogs to keep you informed about the features and updates
- Support service available 24×7
Now about the differences between them
- A dedicated merchant success manager is assigned to every Shopify Plus merchant giving answers to every question almost instantly
- Flow – Shopify plus will handle all your backend work, notify you when you are low on a product quantity, handle the advertisements and much more
- Scripts – you can create rules and regulations for the customers, or give them VIP passes or personalized discounts
- International stores- Shopify plus gives you access to regional stores and international stores
- Payment methods- Shopify plus gives you an advantage in this field as it has around 20 different payment options which can be used to make the payment for the product
- Staff accounts – Shopify plus gives you unlimited accounts whereas, Shopify limits it to just 15 accounts
- Bandwidth – Shopify plus can handle a lot of traffic on your website and manage around 10,000+ orders per minute, which increases your chances during any sale, which also avoids any crash of website which may happen
My Honest Review- Which one is Worth your Money?
As far as price is concerned, Shopify is pretty affordable for all the business owners, but if your company or store is already crossing a per monthly revenue of around $80,000 and above, what’s the harm in paying for the super-expensive but amazing services provided by Shopify Plus.
The big businesses such as Bulletproof, Hasbro, The Economist, Heinz, Kylie cosmetics, Morphe, Unilever, ColourPop, 100% pure, use Shopify Plus to grow and support their eCommerce.
The choice is completely yours, based on your business requirements; to choose Shopify or Shopify Plus.
- 3DCart Vs Shopify 2021: Which One Is The Winner? (Top Pick)
- SamCart vs Shopify 2021: Which One Is The Best? (#1 Reason)
- Shopify Vs Big Cartel: Which One To Choose? (Our #1 Rated)
- Shopify Plus; Shopify Coupon Codes: Get Upto 50% OFF
Shopify Plus Reviews
👉Is Shopify plus worth?
If you want to increase the reach of your business and products without taking in the strain of paying too much attention towards it, then my answer is, Yes, I believe all the features that Shopify plus has to offer will help you go online, sell your product on an international level, receive advanced professional reports of the sales and grow your business. It will also take care of all the tech department. Along with it, Shopify is also offering a 90 days free trial due to the situations created because of Covid-19.
👉What are the features offered by Shopify Plus?
Shopify Plus offers a wide range of features such as AI, Headless eCommerce, Multi-channel eCommerce, and much more. You can read in detail about these features in the blog.
👉Which Shopify plan is the best?
The Shopify plans can be chosen best according to the needs of your business and how much you want them to grow, nationally, or internationally. The plans start from $9 for Shopify lite and go up to $299 per month for Advanced Shopify, and as far as Shopify plus is concerned, the plans are designed based on your business needs which usually start from $2000per month
👉What do people sell on Shopify?
Shopify does not discriminate and allows people to sell any product or service. These products and services can range from beauty products and cosmetics, electronics, food and beverages, event supports, rentals, memberships, and much more.
👉How do we manage the tech on Shopify?
You absolutely need not worry about the technical things related to moving to eCommerce, Shopify Plus assigns a person called as the Launch Engineer to handle all the factors and designs of the website, apart from that a 24x7 helpline is always available to attend and doubts and issues.
Conclusion- Shopify Vs Shopify Plus Comparison 2021
As mentioned above, both the eCommerce websites are very handy and easy to use for business owners. It is completely the choice of the business owner, whether to opt between Shopify Vs Shopify Plus.
Probably the features I mentioned above would help you make that decision.
Another suggestion is that, if you’re a beginner stepping into the eCommerce market, go ahead with Shopify, reason – it will give you a hang of everything that you need to do to make your eCommerce business successful as well.
And once you have grown enough, you can always migrate your website to Shopify Plus and take the advantage of the advanced features it provides, to boost your business in the international market and the multi-channel platforms.