Explore important statistics about software development and the process of creating computer programs and applications. These stats provide insights into the industry’s changes and the challenges developers face.
Discover fascinating metrics to keep up with current and emerging trends.
Whether you’re a developer or just curious about the field, these stats will help you understand what’s happening in the world of coding and software creation.
Let’s dive into the numbers and see what they reveal about the future of technology.
|Average Annual Income for Software Developers
|Varies by region, highest in California
|Global Number of Software Developers
|Approximately 26.9 million
|Gender Distribution in U.S. (Developers)
|Over 80% male
|Percentage of Executives Outsourcing Development
|Most Popular Software Development Management Tool
|Most Widely Used Framework Among Engineers
|Top Country for Web Development Outsourcing
|Reduction in Job Ads for Software Developers (2020)
|Incorporation of Artificial Intelligence
|A significant trend in software development
|Average Coding Experience in the U.S.
|Most Common Operating System Among Developers
|Windows OS (over 60%)
|Most Popular Web Framework
|React.js (used by 40.14% of programmers)
|Cloud Services Impact on IT Spending (2022)
|Over $1.3 trillion
|Most Crucial Hiring Factor for Developers
|Ability to learn and adapt to new cultures
Data on Software Development (Editor’s Choice)
The average annual income for software developers is greatest in California.
- Globally, there are around 26.9 million software developers.
- In the United States, men make up more than 80 percent of developers.
- Software development is outsourced by 24 percent of executives.
- Jira is the most popular software development management application.
- React.js is the most widely used framework among software engineers.
Facts & Figures About General Software Development
Some Key Statistics About App Development:
- User Engagement and Uninstall Rates: About 28% of users uninstall an app within the first 30 days, and the churn rate increases to 71% within 90 days. The main reason for uninstalling is simply not using the app.
- App Performance: Apps with performance issues, bugs, or user experience flaws are more likely to be uninstalled. Continual updates are essential for enhancing performance and user experience.
- Age Demographics: Individuals aged 45-54 spend about 1 hour and 15 minutes daily using mobile apps, only slightly less than the 25-34 age group.
- Screen Time and Mental Health: Only 10.3% of people perceive screen time as having a positive impact on mental health, whereas 68.6% believe it negatively affects well-being. The most common association with screen time is eye strain (54.7%).
- Mobile App Revenue: Around 97% of mobile app revenue worldwide comes from free apps, with paid app users tending to be more engaged.
- App Store Statistics: The Google Play Store has over 2.65 million Android apps and sees about 3,739 new apps daily. The Apple App Store has 2.11 million iOS apps, with approximately 221,666 dedicated to games.
- App Downloads: Facebook leads with over 4 billion downloads by 2020, followed by Facebook Messenger and TikTok.
📊 What are the latest trends in software development?
In the world of software development, things are always changing. Recently, there's been a big push towards using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. It's like adding a super-smart brain to the software that can learn and make decisions. Another trend is more people working from home or different places.
🔍 How many software developers are there worldwide?
Guess what? There are millions of software developers around the world! The exact number keeps growing every year. It's like a big, global club of people who make all the apps and websites we use.
🔐 How important is cybersecurity in software development?
Cybersecurity is like the lock on your front door, but for software. It's super important because it keeps the bad guys out. When making software, developers have to think a lot about how to protect it from hackers. This means building strong defenses right from the start.
🌐 What is the role of open-source software in today's development landscape?
Open-source software is like a communal garden- anyone can contribute and benefit. It enables people to share ideas and improve software together. Unlike proprietary software, it's about creating something useful and cool, not just making money.
- Ecommerce Statistics: Useful eCommerce Statistics You Must Know
- Napping Statistics, Facts, and Figures on Napping To Enhance Your Energy Levels
- Mobile Apps Statistics To know: Statistics & Facts
- Millennial Marketing Statistics: Latest Insights, and Trends!
Conclusion: Software Development Statistics 2024
Software development is like a fast-moving train, always changing and bringing new stuff.
Nowadays, we’re seeing lots of smart computer learning (AI), people working from all sorts of places, and focusing on teamwork and quick results.
Open-source software, where everyone can help out, is also a big deal. So, that’s the scoop on software development today – it’s exciting, always evolving, and really important in our techy world!