In this post, we will discuss Squarespace Statistics 2023
One of the most popular website developers on the Internet is Squarespace. It comes with an easy-to-use website builder & a sophisticated analytics tool.
The following Squarespace statistics can assist you in learning more about the company.
Statistics, Trends, and Facts About Squarespace
- In 2003, Squarespace, which is a website builder, was launched by a student from the University of Maryland.
- The organization now employs over 1,100 people across multiple sites.
- In 2020, Squarespace eCommerce platforms had a 7% market share in the United States.
- The corporation has a global market share of 10.9 percent.
- In 2019, Squarespace paid $162 million on advertising.
- A subscription plan is used by 3.79 million Squarespace users.
- In roughly ten minutes, users may construct a Squarespace website & link a Google Analytics account.
- 1 out of every 5 Squarespace websites utilizes Google analytic tools to observe their online success.
- The company’s website, which provides accessibility to the Squarespace app, is the second most popular website built with the platform.
- Squarespace offers a mobile app that you may download.
- It can be used to paste a Google Analytics code, edit a blog post content or change the layout of a template.
- The Facebook Pixel tracking ID is used by about 23,000 Squarespace websites to access analytics.
- According to statistics, 99.3 percent of online retailers hosted by the Squarespace system use UPS to deliver their items.
- Squarespace has acquired Unfold, a firm that enables users to quickly produce viral content utilizing pre-made template patterns.
Statistics on WordPress vs Squarespace
- Squarespace is responsible for 1.7 percent of all websites on the internet.
- WordPress, on the other hand, is the most used content management system in the world, powering 42.5 percent of all websites.
- In general, a WordPress site receives 10 times the number of unique visits as a Squarespace site.
- Both the WordPress & Squarespace platforms hand out free Android and iOS apps for updating content on the go.
- One percent of the top 1,000 websites use the Squarespace platform.
- Every second WordPress website, on the other hand, is among the top 1,000 websites. In the last 10 years, the percentage of websites that utilize the Squarespace website builder has climbed by 0.7 percent.
- The WordPress site launch, on the other hand, was more rapid.
- In the previous 10 years, for example, the market value of WordPress sites has climbed by 30%.
- The official WordPress site has a global rank of 116, compared to 1,420 for Squarespace.
Statistics about Squarespace’s Market Share
- In Singapore, Squarespace has a 24 percent market share.
- In Australia, the Squarespace site builder platform has a 19 percent market share.
- In Denmark and Norway, Squarespace has only 8 percent of the site builder market.
- Squarespace has a 10 percent market share in Indonesia, as per Squarespace stats and analytics.
- Squarespace has a 5% market share in Sweden & the United Kingdom.
Statistics about Squarespace’s Traffic
- According to recent SEO metrics, the Squarespace website has a 50 percent bounce rate.
- Squarespace receives 30 million unique browsers each month.
- On average, an individual spends 4:40 on a site and looks at five different pages.
- With 55 percent of all unique website visitors, the United States is the most popular traffic source.
- Google, the most widely used search engine, accounts for 20% of all traffic. It’s organic to the tune of 89 percent. According to analytics, the company’s name is among the top four search phrases of all time.
- Social media accounts for roughly 3% of all users.
- Display advertising accounts for 1% of total traffic. YouTube is the most popular medium for ad distribution.
- Squarespace’s official website is visited by 38% of users directly.
Subscriber & Revenue Statistics for Squarespace
- In 2020, Squarespace had $620 million in revenue.
- In 2020, the business spent $420 million on operating costs.
- 3.79 million individuals joined up for a Squarespace personal plan in 2020.
- The United States accounts for 70.7 percent of Squarespace users.
- For each user that signs up for a Squarespace membership, Squarespace earns an average of $190 per year.
- Squarespace-based websites with E-commerce capability generated 3.9 billion dollars in sales in 2020, a 91.18 percent increase over the previous year.
Squarespace Statistics’ Future
- In 2020, marketing efforts and sales will account for more than 50% of the company’s profit margin.
- According to Squarespace’s metrics & data, the number of websites launched with the company’s website builder app grows by 2% per month on average.
- The Wix versus Squarespace statistics shows that Wix outperforms Squarespace, its main competitor, in terms of market share growth.
- Wix is currently ranked third on the market, trailing WordPress and Shopify.
- According to SEO data, 1.4 million individuals search for Squarespace every month, leaving companies like Weebly & Webflow in the dust.
FAQ On Squarespace Statistics
How many Squarespace websites make use of commerce tools?
According to Google Analytics, the Squarespace store capability is used by over 465.400 websites. To access the online store features, users must sign up for either Commerce or Business plans, according to Squarespace pricing. For accurate analytics, they even have accessibility to the Acuity Scheduling plugin & advanced Squarespace stats
What percentage of Squarespace's revenue comes from outside the United States?
Most of the business, according to accessible analytics data, is centred in the United States. In the European Union, less than 10 percent of the company's employees work. Furthermore, according to current statistics, one out of every four unique subscribers originates outside of the US.
What does Squarespace have to offer?
The Squarespace organization is expected to be worth $10 billion in 2021. The website builder demonstrated consistent commerce revenue growth in March 2021, which aided in the acquisition of $300 million in funding. According to a recent study, the Squarespace metrics panel is an excellent marketing tool for obtaining a complete activity log of each site visitor, including their IP address.
Conclusion: Squarespace Statistics 2023
Despite its inability to compete with the market’s heavyweight, WordPress, Squarespace remains one of the most popular website builders.
The ease of use, reasonable rates, and a huge variety of features, such as the option to add a tracking ID with a single click, are the main factors attracting a big number of new customers each month. Last year, the company was profitable and had raised capital from investors.
Andy Thompson has been a freelance writer for a long while. She is a senior SEO and content marketing analyst at Digiexe, a digital marketing agency specializing in content and data-driven SEO. She has more than seven years of experience in digital marketing & affiliate marketing too. She likes sharing her knowledge in a wide range of domains ranging from ecommerce, startups, social media marketing, making money online, affiliate marketing to human capital management, and much more. She has been writing for several authoritative SEO, Make Money Online & digital marketing blogs like: ImageStation, & Newsmartwave