Logo is the identity of your brand which speaks volumes about your company. Once the color is chosen its stays forever associated with your brand. If shapes provide a symbol for your brand then colors do exactly the same. A good color choice can elevate the image of the company with the customers where as the poor selection can actually damage the image of the company with the stakeholders.
Image Credits: www.jabosace.com
To avoid falling prey to bad color choice we get you vital tips for choosing color for logo design:
- Match the psychology of the color with the brand identity: The brand color and the personality need to match to click with the audience. Always keep in mind that colors speak a lot about the culture, so when you are finalizing the colors keep in mind the markets you are targeting. Be sure that your color choices are not sending the wrong message.
- Bright is for bold and subtle is for pastel: To convey strong emotions use of bold colors is suggested. Also to make your logo bold and catchy we suggest the use of dazzling colors. Vivid colors are mostly incorporated in a logo when you need to market for children. Pastel colors are much softer and convey calmness and serenity. However, sometimes the pastels can mute the emotions of the logo. So the best way is to incorporate both pastels and vivid colors into your logo.
- Danger colors: Pink, red, orange and yellow are considered to be danger colors. These colors are way to bold and have to be used wisely in the logo, as they have the chances to have very strong reactions. Use of red, orange and pink can be shunned by many associations because of their garish effects. Where as yellow has a different danger associated to it. It can be very difficult to see, Yellow on a white background is tricky to comprehend.
- Number of colors: Picking one color will generate one emotion, so you need to be very careful while selecting one color. Pick the color which will generate the exactly emotion that you have been looking for. The most popular color choice for a logo is the use of two complimentary colors. Use of too may colors can be harmful and can cause a negative effect.
- Black and white: Have you given a thought to the use of black and white colors for your logo. If your logo needs to be frequently used for invoices and letter heads we suggest use of black and white is the best. These colors work the best for any logo design and shape. The design of your logo has to be such that it incorporates the colors beautifully into it.
- Adaptability to all mediums: The use of colors needs to be in a way that they can be adapted to all mediums. For instance, metallic colors work best when presented in print but do not look as good when worked online. Some reds do not work well; they can appear pink on different browsers. So we suggest test, test and test is the best way to finalize the color for your logo.