Uber Eats has become one of the leading online food delivery services in 2021.
Its success and popularity can be attributed to its convenient, fast, and reliable service that provides customers with a wide range of food options from restaurants around the world.
This report outlines Uber Eats statistics for 2023, including growth trends, revenue, usage, and customer insights.
Table of Contents
What is Uber Eats?
Uber Eats is a food delivery service powered by Uber. It is available in more than 500 cities around the world and allows customers to order from local restaurants, fast-food chains, convenience stores, grocery stores, and other locations.
With Uber Eats, users can explore restaurant menus and ratings before making their selections and can track their orders in real-time with GPS maps integrated into the app.
Customers pay for their meals through the app, allowing for cashless transactions that make ordering even quicker and easier.
Delivery fees vary based on the distance from the restaurant to your location and may also include additional surcharges such as rush hour fees or peak demand charges.
Orders are fulfilled by independent couriers who pick up meals at local restaurants using their own vehicles and deliver them to customers.
Uber Eats is a convenient way to order food from all your favorite restaurants without ever leaving home, and it can be accessed through the app or on the web.
12 Best Uber Eats Statistics 2023 [Revenue And Usage]
- In reaction to COVID-19, Uber Eats consumers have directly donated $3 million to eateries by utilizing the “support this restaurant” function.
- There were 15 million meals ordered with Uber Eats in the fourth quarter of 2019.
- More than 500 cities in 35 countries may access Uber Eats.
- In May 2020, Uber fired 3700 workers, or nearly 14% of the workforce.
- Uber acknowledged and took responsibility for hiding the 2016 data hack that affected around 57 million customers in July 2022.
- Uber’s monthly active users increased by 27% year over year to 118 million in the fourth quarter of 2021.
- Uber’s monthly active platform users increased to 124 million in Q3 2022, up 2% from the previous quarter and 14% from the previous year.
- Uber completed the $2.25 billion purchase of the logistics firm Transplace in November 2021.
- In the fourth quarter of 2021, Uber recorded gross bookings of $25.9 billion, a 51% increase from the previous year. Uber’s gross bookings for the whole 2021 calendar year were $90 billion.
- Uber’s gross bookings for the third quarter of 2022 were $29.12 billion, a 26% year-over-year gain.
- People with knowledge of the situation claim that in August 2022, Uber sold 7.8% of Zomato for $392 million via a block deal on regional markets.
- Uber’s Q4 2021 revenue of $5.78 billion was an increase of 83% from Q4 2020. Uber’s total income for 2021 increased by 57% to $17.4 billion.
FAQs On Uber Eats Statistics 2023
👉 How much revenue does Uber Eats generate?
In 2023, Uber Eats is expected to reach $15 billion in revenue.
👀 How many active users do Uber Eats have?
As of 2023, there are over 100 million active Uber Eats users worldwide.
🤔 What rate has Uber Eats experienced?
Since 2019, Uber Eats has experienced a year-on-year growth rate of 28%.
✔️ What is the primary attraction to Uber Eats?
Customers are drawn to Uber Eats for its convenience, speed, and selection of food options. The platform provides customers with access to an expansive range of restaurants from around the world.
👉 How is Uber Eats positioned for future success?
By continuing to provide its customers with convenient, fast, and reliable service, Uber Eats is well-positioned to maintain its success in the coming years. The company's impressive year-on-year growth rate and large user base indicate that it will likely remain a popular choice for online food delivery.
- Amazing AR Statistics, Facts, and Trends To Consider
- Latest Online Learning Statistics
- e-commerce SEO Statistics, Facts, and Figures
Conclusion: Uber Eats Statistics 2023
Uber Eats continues to grow in popularity due to its convenience, speed, and variety of food offerings. The company’s revenue is expected to reach $15 billion by 2023, representing an impressive year-on-year growth rate of 28%.
Furthermore, the number of active users has more than doubled since 2019, indicating that more people are using the platform to order food. With its convenient and reliable service, Uber Eats is well-positioned to maintain its success in the coming years.