In this article we will discuss Why You Should Do Guest Blogging
The best way to drive traffic to your website is through blogging, as any smart inbound marketer knows. If you’ve been blogging for some time, you may have considered guest blogging.
And if you’ve been on the fence about it, we’re here to tell you that you should do it.
What Is Guest Blogging?
Whenever you write content for another company’s website, you are called a guest blogger or guest poster.” Most of the time, guest bloggers write for blogs in their industry that are similar to their own.
- Bring visitors back to their website.
- Boost their domain authority by linking to other sites with high authority.
- Increase the credibility and awareness of their brand, and make connections with other people in their field.
Almost always, both the guest blogger and the website that hosts the guest content benefit from guest blogging. In other words, guest blogging is a two-way street. Guest blogger posts on your own website are a great way to get involved in the guest blogging trend.
How Do I Get Started With Guest Blogging?
Identify your goals before you start guest blogging. Identify blogs that are not written by your competitors but can offer readers real insight into your industry.
A great place to start is by writing guest posts for your partners. As part of our co-marketing plan, we mostly write guest blogs for our partners at New Breed. We also use guest blogging to get to know companies with whom we might want to work together in the future.
No matter what, research is key to guest blogging that works.
There is a lot of spam on the web, which is not a secret. It’s your job to make sure you don’t post to these kinds of blogs or put spammy content on your own blog.
Focus on finding writers who are familiar with your niche, and market, and who come from a reputable business or background. You should also agree with what they say in their post and make sure the message is relevant to the interests of your personas. Guest blogging can be bad for your business quickly if the content doesn’t fit with your business, personas, or brand voice.
Considering guest blogging or vice versa? Here’s what to look for:
- Does this blog or blogger have a lot of active followers who post comments, share blogs with their networks, and interact with content in other ways?
- Do they regularly share links to their own blog posts on Facebook or Twitter?
- Do they have a lot of domain authority, which would help my SEO ranking?
- Do their business and expertise fit with mine?
Search for blogs that accept guest posts using a relevant industry keyword + “guest post,” “write for us,” or similar phrases. Outbound marketing, for example, can be researched by searching:
- outbound marketing guest post
- outbound marketing seeking guest posts
- outbound marketing write for us
- outbound marketing guest post guidelines
- outbound marketing guest post submissions
So on and so forth. Find relevant industry blogs that accept guest blogging submissions on topics you’re writing about.
- Passive Income Blogging; How To Earn Money With Blogging?
- Best Free Blogging Sites List To Create Blogs
- How To Make More Money From Blogging Upto $$$$$ [Guide]
- How to use Blogging & Community Building to Master Public Speaking
Conclusion: Why You Should Do Guest Blogging
If you follow these tips, you won’t write or accept spammy content, and you’ll be able to get the real benefits of guest blogging. When you want to improve your SEO rankings, increase your brand’s credibility, and reach new people in your field, follow our steps and link only to well-known marketers.
And as always, keep making interesting and consistent content!