There are a number of e-commerce websites available on the internet these days. One of the most important challenges that you may have to face when you work on an online business is to find the right e-commerce platform that will allow you to take your business to the next level.
Although, you have several options these days on the internet and you can easily choose between them, and take up the one that meets your requirements. But, as there is always a leading brand in every race and in quite a similar way here, we have four of the best-known platforms in the race of enterprise e-commerce providers. So, let us consider each one of them and then decide that which one is the best e-commerce provider.
Battle for Best Between Wix vs Shopify vs WooCommerce vs BigCommerce October 2020
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms that are available for online businesses. It is a multi-channel sales platform made for all the e-commerce customers. Shopify, makes selling products in many places simple as selling in one, it offers about 12 free templates.
One important feature of this platform is the point-of-sales application which allows you to sell both online and in physical locations if you have an iPad. This kit includes a bar code scanner, a card reader, receipt printer, and cash drawer. This strikingly amazing feature allows you to sell anywhere while it automatically syncs your inventory and stocks.
Recommeded & Helpful :
- The Content management functionality provided by shopify supports over 50 payment gateways.
- Secure shopping cart Mailchimp integration feature allows you to sell on bigger platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Abandoned cart functionality, is designed in order to remind people about their abandoned carts through email.
- Its point-of-sale feature makes it an outstanding e-commerce providers.
- It has a lot of third-party integration which allows you to extend its functionality.
- It has a 24/7 customer service support through email, live chat, and phone.
- With the increase in the sales numbers, transaction fees become more and more in amount. Shopify credit card fees ranges somewhere between 2.2% – 2.9% along with an additional 30 cents per transaction. With the feature of no transaction fees, Shopify allows you to see all of your sales dollars.
- A number of times your e-commerce business sees a bunch of success, you don’t always have the time or resources to solve all of problems related to that. That’s where account management comes into play. Shopify users get an account manager that helps the users to find the right solutions for your store.
- It also provides you with a project manager to assist you, in order to build the right network of integrations that can connect all aspects of your business. All of this comes with priority technical support from Shopify to assist with the issues that seem difficult for you to handle.
- The checkout processes present in the normal Shopify platform lacks branding, website navigation, and it may also discourage shoppers from purchasing. But, when it comes to the Shopify platform, shoppers will remain on the same domain whenever they are checking out, which provides a better shopping experience. People now can be totally confident while purchasing.
- Shopify offers you a speedy and very reliable hosting and in turn your site can handle up to 500k hits per minute. Your website will also have an approximate 99.97% up time so that you can be sure that your site will be available whenever your customers need to make a purchase. All of this is packed into the monthly price for about some cost of normal IT infrastructure expenses.
- The advanced API’s provided by the shopify platform allows you to accomplish accounting, and multi-channel software within your store so that you have all the aspects of your business working in a certain kind of unit. You can also have access to top rated Shopify applications like Justuno to help you with your conversion optimization needs.
Wix boasts of about more than 500 different website templates and a wide range of interactive tools. Wix is preferred mainly by the restaurant sites, artist portfolios, and small businesses who have a goal of engaging their users and encouraging them to go through various pages.
Wix also supports its users with a wide range of financial management site analytics, traffic generation, and communication tools.
The site also provides video tutorials for its users so that, they can completely utilize all of its features and tools present on the website. Although, wix is free but it provides you a limited access to most of its essential features. So, if you prefer premium packages, then Wix pricing starts at $4.08/month for the most basic plan while the most expensive is at $16.17/month.
- It is mainly optimized for mobile use.
- It possesses the Drag and drop builder Free hosting.
- It has more than 40 galleries and beautiful stock images.
- It Accepts payments with no commission at all.
- It has an amazingly striking feature of worldwide shipping.
- It provides a free web hosting and account option which allows you to create beautiful websites.
- It also comes along with the video tutorials to help you with the setup.
- It has tons of templates to choose from no matter what the purpose of your website is.
- Its Web App Market easily integrates with a number of popular web services, which allows you to utilize live support, reservation tools, newsletters, and many more.
Wiz also possess a disadvantage and that is that you cannot view site stats unless you pay and add Google Analytics. It only shows two product attributes – size and color.
WooCommerce is a free Word Press shopping cart plugin. You can integrate it to any Word Press theme of your choice. WooCommerce is absolutely free to download and install, without any monthly fees. It is fully loaded with thousands of extensions, themes, and plugins, each of which possess different options.
WooCommerce is mainly built for those who already have an existing Word Press website and wants their e-commerce business to take up speed within a short span of time. It also helps those who are planning to create a website using Word Press.
- It comes with a few of pre-installed payment gateways which include cash on delivery, direct bank transfer, credit card payments, and cheque payment.
- It has the feature of built – in geo – location support and automatic taxes.
- It has different product variables and inventory management to offer to its customers.
- It has shipping calculations and multiple shipping methods.
- It possesses this fascinating one-click refund which offers pain-free refunds to customers.
- It provides you with more than 300 free and paid extensions to choose from which gives you a variety of options.
- It has a built-in coupon, up-selling, cross-selling, and sales pricing feature.
- It is 100% free to download and install.
Its main disadvantage is that, as it is a Word Press plugin, it is limited to the Word Press platform. And It does not have the drag and drop builder and that is why you have to do everything manually.
As the name suggests, BigCommerce is an ideal site for the grander companies which is because of its viable and powerful interface which allows the customers to handle their online store with efficiency and effectiveness. The two of the most important features of bigCommerce which are worth mentioning here are its form fields and the app store. The platform has made its form fields quite easy to use and pain-free as compared to the others and has expanded the app store to its core functionality. Check BigCommerce Review here.
Well, in terms of pricing, BigCommerce is on the expensive side with its standard plan at $29.95. Their Plus and Pro plans are priced at $79.95 and $199.95 respectively.
- It is found to be more mobile and SEO friendly.
- It comes loaded with many Built-in marketing tools, such as Google Shopping integration.
- It has a Multi-level security and DDOS defense.
- The cloud platform provided by it enables you to maximize your ROI.
- It is Integrated with a number of big range of marketing, accounting, and inventory management systems.
- It allows hookup of your own domain name.
- It has a very helpful customer care service available which helps the customers through email, live chat, and phone.
- It has very straight forward template saving feature that ends all of your complexities and confusions.
- It comes with free hosting and loads of free and premium themes.
Its main disadvantage is that It is quite expensive and the user interface that it possesses looks disorganized and unpolished at times.
Conclusion: Wix Vs Shopify Vs WooCommerce VS BigCommerce ? Who Wins
All of these mentioned e-commerce providers are better in one or the other way, but Shopify seems to be ruling over the other three e-commerce providers. It possesses remarkably amazing features that distinguishes it from all of the other sites. And on the basis of the above-mentioned discussion, we conclude that Shopify is the best of all.