When newbie bloggers and digital enthusiasts move into the next phase of their operations they need to upgrade their hardware. This essentially means setting up infrastructure to manage increased traffic! That is where I believe KnownHost comes into play!
KnownHost Review 2021: Best Managed VPS service
You need Virtual Private servers when your traffic rises and KnownHost will do just that for you! This review will tell you all you need to know about this hosting service!
Let me tell you first hand that KnownHost charges $50/month for its managed VPS services. It is five times the price of other providers but then again, the quality of service will definitely complement the price. Take it from my personal experience.
Migration to KnownHost: Not Entirely Hassle Free!
Some key attractions which come in with KnownHost packages are:
- 5 GB RAM
- 6000 GB Bandwidth
- 70 GB Disk space
- 2 Dedicated IP Addresses
- Fully managed server (obviously)
- Completely free site migration
The migration process can take up to 2 hours of your time, which is not efficient but what can one do! You can find the details on the resource forum which enlists what you have to do in order to migrate successfully! The process is quite simple yet time taking:
- You have to register your name server which is guided by their support team
- For faster replications, try reducing the TTL value to the smallest possible value like 300 seconds or something close!
There may arise situations where you have to change and add many things like add-ons. The migration may have to be followed by re-optimization! That is harsh but changes in infrastructure always are tough.
They will take information from your side like the URL to access the cPanel, login details etc.
All being said, you should still brace yourselves as the time taken for complete migration is around 2 hours on average.
Name Server transformation
If you follow some steps as they say in their resources, the changes will take place within minutes of completing the migration process but otherwise, it can take close to 2 days for the changes to take place.
The first day with KnownHost can be tough but then its cheesecake!
For the complete site migration, you will have to submit an official request. This can be done by logging in to your KnownHost help support site and then opening a ticket. You have to provide the former and current details and in less than 2 hours complete migration will be done.
What is good that it is completely free and fast
Paid migration services can sometimes cost a lot. So, that’s a relief. Once you are sure that the migration successful you can update the nameservers and point them to the KnownHost VPS server.
You can face certain issues after the complete migration. This is irrevocable as the entire platform changes and thus new permissions and privileges will have to be defined. Some issues are:
- No backups from the dashboard
- Plugin Installation issues
These can be simply resolved by opening a ticket on their support system. You can also implement some methods and tweaks which will make the entire process smoother and allow for a smooth and efficient transition. You can implement some of the following (more steps- better results):
- Implement Google Page Speed Module
- Integrate SuEXEC for plugin and theme installations on WordPress
- Remove WP Super Cache and add W3 Total Cache
- Increase Max Process Count to 1000 (ignore if already done!)
- Change script handler to suPHP for faster performance
The First Day will be loaded with Downtime! Relief will come when operations resume!
Well, when you are migrating to any other VPS service you have to take these time constraints into consideration. Downtime will be there the first day as there are missing elements and modules which need fixing.
But when the changes come through, you will find that the sites run smoothly and you can resume work in the most normal of fashion.
Some Pros and Cons of KnownHost Managed VPS
There many good things which I have to say about KnownHost. First of all, I really appreciate the high quality of server optimization, resources, and support. The email support is extremely fast and focuses on the complete resolution of your issues.
Some key features which should be added to the customer support structure are Live Chat support, Phone Support, and 24*7 customer engagements. But in the end, the support does solve all your issues as the ticketing system is robust and offers quick and comprehensive solutions.
You can easily set priority levels on your support tickets. The reply will be based according to these pre-sets. Critical issues will be solved faster and instant response can be expected!
The Price is a little steep but then again, you get a whole lot of help and the quality of operation is awesome. There will be a sudden boost in the page performance and loading times.
Moreover, you can handle increased traffic pretty smoothly.
Hosting with “Known Host” – Step by Step Video
More about KnowHost:
KnowHost is one the known host in the country. As it provides the top-notch 24/7/365 support and they also strive to be the best. KnowHost has been there in the industry for 15 years and they are growing exponentially. As they are currently operating hundreds of servers right in more than 4 datacenters and they are also continuously growing.
I have already told you KnowHost operates in more than 4 data centers and that is basically connected to multiple 10 gigabytes backbone all over the world. Here they are basically utilizing the high-quality bandwidth provider that really guarantee’s the optimal connection worldwide.
As they are having innovative technology that mainly combines on-demand capabilities right with top-of-the-line service. And really as we have experienced, this host will be going to help you in building successful business relationships along with understanding your customer needs and delivering world-class support to them.
Why you should choose KnowHost?
As we all know that there are several web hosting companies’ right on the market and we really somehow got confused which of them should we choose in order to get the best services. And from our experience, we would like to tell you that this web hosting so-called KnowHost is the best reliable hosting provider on the market as they provide top-notch services to their customers.
Basically, KnowHost features in onsite and offsite staffing proven track records, superior uptime SLA, and professional support managed hosting solutions. And here they also offer a 30-day money back guarantee right on all of the VPS hosting services.
- Expertise: As I have already told you KnowHost has been there in the industry for 15 years. And they really know how hosting should work so that it can provide you the best results. It will also ensure your satisfaction for the long term.
- Money back guarantees: Here all of the packages excluding dedicated servers typically comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. Basically, all the new customers are only eligible for the 30-day money back guarantee.
- Ideal hosting platform: It basically uses the industries’ most efficient hosting solution. Here its service basically based on OpenStack and OpenVZ that will definitely allow you to maximize performance in comparison of any ordinary service right with a control panel.
- High-quality hardware: Here the type of hardware they are using is carefully chosen. All of the hardware is basically based on Dual Hex-Core Xeons by using the Raid 10 storage arrays.
- Reliability: Basically the backups and migrations with the OpenVZ are mainly done with zero downtime. And they will never let you suffer any performance issues like the poor server quality or the lack of available resources.
And if you are somehow confused then nothing to lose here you can try this web hosting as they will provide you the 30-day money back guarantee. Just go and give it a try.
In the end, I will strongly recommend KnownHost to online professionals
If your scale operations are increasing and you are seeing a surge in your site traffic every day then KnownHost is the best option for managed VPS hosting.
Newcomers who have just started their blogs or websites need not avail the service. Have some experience and generate traffic. The service is available for the foreseeable future and will be ready for you at the best prices when you need it!