Are you one of those people who are curious and love to develop new skills or explore different topics required for your career or hobby? A few people visit the local library or join community colleges to follow their new interests. Though these are good options, there are many affordable and convenient options online to pursue learning. Online classes are quite convenient as you can complete them at your own time and schedule them as per your work hours, etc.
They also are quite affordable in contrast to traditional educational institutions. So, how exactly do these platforms operate? What are the subjects offered and what are the costs?
In this article, I will take you through two such popular platforms of online learning. Skillshare and Brilliant. To make matters much simpler for you, I will be doing a comparison between both platforms. So let’s dive into the article.
Pricing & Skillshare Vs Brilliant
The Brilliant app can get downloaded easily from the Apple app or google play store free of cost. Post-installation, the users can sign up to the Brilliant app free of cost. However, there are a few packages that are offered by Brilliant. They are:
- Monthly: It will cost you $17.99 a month.
- Annually: It will cost you $5.99 a month.
- Lifetime: It will cost you $345.99.
The best option would be an annual subscription. There are many people other than students who can benefit from using Brilliant. They are:
They can understand complicated concepts by way of problem-solving in science, math, and plenty of other subjects. This app aims at assisting students in developing their intuition rather than just memorizing formulas.
All those who intend to keep themselves updated when they prepare for some advanced-level interviews can benefit from Brilliant. Professionals can explore many topics like probability, computer science algorithms, etc.
- Lifelong learners
A user can choose from a huge variety of topics that have exercises that not just guide but are fun too. The quizzes ensure that the mind is active in addition to enhancing the skills of critical thinking.
Skillshare has two pricing options: A free membership and the paid ones. In order to take classes under any of these two options, you must be a member.
(1) Free Membership
Free classes are beneficial in many ways:
– Skillshare can be used free of cost and you can browse through the various free classes offered.
– This platform offers 2,000+ free classes.
– The classes offered by Skillshare are generally of high-quality.
– You get access to just the free classes.
– If you are a free member, then you cannot be a part of the workshops.
– Though you will be allowed to follow groups, you cannot take part in the discussions.
(2) Paid membership
– This membership comes at a price of $8.25 a month. If you opt for the annual membership, you have to pay about $99.
– Even if you want to pay the fees every month, this membership would cost you just $15 a month.
– Skillshare premium gives you unlimited access to every class offered by Skillshare.
– through this membership, you could access any topic, course or workshop.
– It allows you to join different groups and participate in discussions and connect with people who share the same interests.
– It has thousands of classes and you might even take up classes that you would not have thought of taking up, and at no extra costs.
SkillShare Vs Brilliant & Instructors
Skillshare Vs Brilliant User Words & Testimonials?
- Udemy Vs Lynda | Which One Is The Best?
- SkillShare Vs MasterClass | Which One To Choose?
- Udemy Vs Skillshare Comparison: Which Is Better For Digital Learning?
Conclusion: Skillshare Vs Brilliant 2021
I presume that both Skillshare and Brilliant are excellent resources for all those who are passionate learners. If you love topics and projects related to calligraphy, painting, travel photography, etc., then Skillshare has many options available for you.
If you are more inclined towards subjects on math, science, chemistry, and the like, Brilliant is your to-go place. Every site has a lot of courses for beginners as well and you could choose the course and see which platform offers what you are looking for. Considering the fact that both these sites offer a free exploration, you could check them out together!
I suggest you to take a free trial and then select the best platform you liked and I wish you All the Best in your further studies.