Connecteam helps you Manage your employees from one place, a Easy to use, customizable, all-in-one employee app.
Melio is the Simplest Way to Pay Vendors & Contractors, Now easily pay any invoice with bank transfer for Free.
Bonsai’s all-in-one product suite with smart automation lets you focus on your passion, not your paperwork.
When running a small business, you need to make constant efforts to be in the market and to compete with bigger businesses. Hence, you and your business should lag in problem-solving, communication with employees and clients, marketing, finance, etc. You are supposed to try new ways to increase your business productivity now and then.
Always remember that even if you have less funding, less manpower, your customers expect the same service from you that they expect from any bigger business, and you need to stand out to their expectations.
But, don’t worry, the best small business apps can help you in that process. It’s so convenient and easy to have an app that helps you build your small business.
Now, without wasting any more minutes. Let’s check out what you need to look for in the best small business apps to grow your business.
Table of Contents
What do you need to look for in a small business app?
You need to consider certain things before opting for any small business app, and those things are-
- Affordability- You need to consider this before selecting any small business app. The plans offered by a particular company should be reasonable for you, and you shouldn’t have to pay more than your profit.
- Ease of use- The App you would opt for should be easy to use and understand.
- The App should scale with your business.
- Customer service- The App should have a proper customer service system to guide you if you get confused.
- The app should be good enough to make a powerful impact on your business.
While keeping all the above points, let’s move to the part where I will introduce you to some of the best small business apps.
6 Best Small Business Solution for 2023
After reviewing various apps for small businesses, I picked up a few for you; let’s check them out.
Connecteam is an App that integrates every aspect of a business from field to office, in one place.
It offers you to connect with your employees, manage everyday operations, improve your employee’s experience and engagement, and boost your business market in just one click.
Connecteam offers a full package with various features to keep your employees productive and in the loop, along with giving you the access to see what is going on.
- Time Management- It includes employee time clock and employee scheduling through which you can easily check work hours with the help of GPS time stamps. It offers you all the workflows and procedures in one place.
- Daily Operations- It includes digital forms and checklists along with task management that can help you in managing all the tasks that need to be done for your business.
- Internal Communication- It provides chat options that are entirely customized for private or group conversations. Apart from that, it provides you with an employee directory, sharing pictures, GIFs, and videos, live polls, updates via suggestion box, surveys, channels, etc.
- Creation of Professional Course- You can create courses for employees’ training, conduct quizzes, construct a searchable library, and add reading and sign options policies.
Connecteam offers five plans which include a free plan and four paid plans. Let’s check out their prices (if billed annually) for the first 50 users.
- Basic- This plan costs USD 39/month and is all in one package for team management at a reasonable price.
- Advanced- This is the most popular one and will cost you USD 79/month. It can save lots of your time and effort with its advanced features.
- Expert- This plan is for USD 159/month and is for small businesses in their growing phase and are interested in automation and proactive limitations.
- Enterprise- This plan is for larger teams, but to know its price, you need to contact Connecteam.
Melio is an online accounts payable platform that allows you to pay your bills from bank accounts or debit cards very conveniently and without cost. Even if the vendor only accepts checks- Melio can send a check on your behalf. Melio is currently accessible for small businesses in the USA.
Melio is a free solution, and you can use it on any device with the internet. It is ideal for busy entrepreneurs or business owners who don’t have much time to manage their bills or cash flows. Melio prevents you from unnecessarily spending a considerable part of your budget on expensive account payable software.
Melio integrates very easily with Quickbooks accounting software and permits you to pay from any bank or credit card in the USA.
- Pay with Credit Card- You can pay vendors with a business card even if the receiver doesn’t accept it. This way you can get rewards and take advantage of up to 45 days of float until your next credit card billing cycle. For credit card payments there’s a 2.9% transaction fee.
- Payment approval workflows- Invite other users from your company or your accountant and then set their roles and permissions to organize payments. With that, you can control all your payments and transactions.
- Schedule & Manage due dates- This feature spares you from all the worries about making late payments or paying too early or setting reminders or delaying your cash flow. You can easily plan payment transactions and make your payments on time.
- Sync with QuickBooks- It allows you to connect with your QuickBooks account to have 2 way syncing between accounting and payment.
Melio tries to manage your transactions and bills with minimum time and cost while making your cash flow efficient.
Hence, all the services of Melio are free of cost.
Being a freelancer comes with a lot of perks. You get to be your own boss, set your own hours, and choose the projects you work on. But it also comes with some challenges. One of the biggest challenges faced by freelancers is managing the business side of things. From invoicing to taxes to finding new clients, there’s a lot to keep track of. That’s where Bonsai comes in.
Bonsai is software specifically geared toward freelancers, providing tools to help workers with things like invoicing and tax preparation. It offers an all-in-one package at a relatively affordable price point that can help you automate some of the more tedious parts of being a freelancer. And best of all, it has an incredibly intuitive and simple interface that can help with proposals, contracts and time tracking all in just a few clicks.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into the many benefits of using Bonsai as a freelancer. From simplifying invoicing to helping you stay organized, Bonsai can be a gamechanger for anyone working independently.
The Benefits of Using Bonsai
Bonsai offers a wide range of features and benefits that can be extremely helpful for freelancers. Perhaps one of the most helpful features is its ability to streamline the invoicing process. With Bonsai, you can create and send professional-looking invoices in just a few clicks. And if you have recurring clients, you can even set up automatic billing so that you don’t have to worry about manually sending out invoices each month.
This can free up a lot of time that would otherwise be spent on administrative tasks, allowing you to focus on more important things like growing your business or working on client projects.
Another great benefit of Bonsai is that it offers templates for common freelance documents like proposals and contracts. This can be extremely helpful if you’re not sure where to start when drafting these types of documents. And if you’re worried about keeping track of multiple client projects, Bonsai’s time tracking feature can help with that too.
With this feature, you can easily see how much time you’ve spent on each project and generate detailed reports that can be shared with clients or used for your own records.
As a freelancer, it’s important to have tools in your arsenal that make your life easier. From administrative tasks like invoicing to more complex ones like proposal writing, there are always going to be things that need to be done in order to keep your business running smoothly. That’s where Bonsai comes in.
This comprehensive software provides everything you need to manage your freelance business effectively—and at a very affordable price point too! If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution that can help simplify the many facets of freelance life, look no further than Bonsai!
|Bonsai Plans||Price||When To Use|
|Workflow||$19/month||If you want unlimited users, basic accounting tools, and access to mobile apps|
|Workflow Plus||$29/month||If you have subcontracting needs and want access to priority support|
Toggle is considered as one of the simplest time trackers that can help you in getting your tasks done.
It is an ideal solution for boosting productivity for freelancers, teams, and agencies, with just one click of a button.
Toggle will rapidly break the data and numbers into an easy-to-understand format and then present it to you. In addition to that, the browser extension of the toggle button will provide you with 80 different online tools using which you can track your time.
- Toggle Plan- This feature will easily plan the workload and tasks for everyone to keep you on track and stress-free.
- Time Track- Toggle offers you more than one way for time tracking.
- One-click timers– It will track time on desktop apps, browser extensions, mobile apps, all together in just one click and will sync data automatically.
- Background tracking– It will track down every app or website you use for more than 10 seconds and then convert all those data into time entries.
- Calendar integration– You can convert your calendar events into time entries with just one click.
- Auto tracker– It will provide you with toggle time entry suggestions for the software you are using.
- Toggle Hire- Toggle provides you with effective smart skills tests using which you can hire or screen candidates easily.
Toggle offers you four plans out of which one is free and the other three are paid plans. The free plan offers various features such as 3 skill tests, unlimited candidates, 1 seat per account, email templates, chrome extensions, candidate feedback, no candidate source shown, and limited access to the test library. Now, Let’s explore the paid ones.
- Quarterly Standard- This basic plan has all the features for your small business and would cost you $99/month. It includes all the features of the free plan plus unlimited seats and candidates, candidate source analysis, and funnel analysis for efficient hiring.
- Quarterly Premium- This plan costs $199/month, and it has all the features of the Quarterly Standard plan. In addition, it includes full access to the library, unlimited skill tests, customizable tests, CSV and PDF expert, Candidates attachment, ATS Integrations, API access, and dedicated account manager.
- Enterprise Plan- It is a customizable plan and has customized pricing.
Trello offers you everything you need for your business from project management to organization to blog maintenance, including everything.
Its Kanban boards are shareable and flexible, and you can add many details to those boards.
You can start with Trello cards, lists, boards, and can expand with more customized features as your business grows.
Trello offers you to organize tasks, manage projects, and build team spirit in just one place and very conveniently.
- Trello Cards- Trello cards offer you a way to more organized work and allows your tasks to be managed, tracked, and shared with your teammates. It contains checklists, due dates, conversations, attachments, and many more.
- No code automation- It will reduce the workload from you and your employees and will do some tasks automatically.
- Integrate Top Work Tools- This feature will integrate all the work-related tools your teammates use into the workflow of Trello, or can also add the power Ups.
Trello provides you with three plans out of which one is free and the other two are paid.
- Free- This plan is specifically for individuals and teams seeking productivity.
- Business Class- It is best for a team of up to 100 members and is for those teams who are supposed to track multiple projects. It has all the features of the Free plan and many more.
- Enterprise- Enterprise is for those companies which have more than 100 members and need to increase org-wide control, connect teams through work, and enhance security and support. It has all the features of Business Class and many more.
Quickbooks online is a solution for managing all your business needs, very easily and irrespective of the size of your company.
It has a user-friendly dashboard that helps you understand everything very conveniently.
Quickbooks can keep a track of your cash flows, expenses, create and send forms that include quotes, invoices, reports, etc.
Quickbooks organizes your accounting data on the cloud and allows you to track everything and know about the current status of your business.
The best part about Quickbooks Accounting Software is that you are not supposed to be an expert in accounting or finance to use this software.
- Quickbooks allows you to connect your bank account with itself and automatically import and then categorize all your transactions. You can sync it with other good apps and store the photos of your receipts with Quickbooks mobile.
- It offers several powerful features such as payment reminders, invoice tracking, etc. Other than that you can also go through various reports and try to manage your expenses.
- You can access your account anytime and from anywhere through your mobile phone.
- Quickbooks accountants will manage all your records.
- It has a feature of automatic backups that backups your data regularly and keeps it up to date.
- Quickbooks offers bank-level safety to your account with 128 bit SSL encryption and provides you with unlimited support service.
Quickbooks plan for small business will cost you ₹317/month with 18% GST and comes with thirty days free trial.
Quickbooks has several features including Track of income and expenses, connection with multiple bank accounts, sending custom invoices and quotes, creating budgets, import data from spreadsheets, snap sort receipts, and access to a free mobile app.
🤔 Which one of the above is most affordable?
Melio is the most affordable among them as it is free of cost and provides you with all the services and features without any expenditure.
👉Which app is best for time tracking?
Toggle is the best time tracker as it is the simplest one and offers more than one way to track time. It offers one-click timer, background tracking, auto tracker, and calendar integration.
👉Which plan offered by Trello is the best?
Trello depends on your requirements, if your business has only a few team members or you want a plan only for you, then a free plan is good, if your small business has up to 100 team members then you should go with Business Class, and if have team members more than 100 then enterprise plan is good. So, you should choose accordingly.
Conclusion: Best Small Business Solutions 2023
I hope this article provides you with some useful information for the growth of your small business.
I understand how difficult it is for a small business owner to compete with the bigger businesses, be in the market, and thrive constantly. The above-mentioned apps can be a helping hand to you and can make your work a little easier.
However, you need to choose an app appropriately while keeping all the things you expect from an app in your mind and then selecting a suitable app. The app should be good enough to meet your expectations and requirements and shouldn’t cost you more than your profit.
I expect that you’ll find a good app for your business from the ones that are given above.
I wish you all the best for your business.