‘Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart’ or CAPTCHA is a real test that helps determine if a user is human. In short this challenge can only be solved by a human and this assessment alone can distinguish a machine from a human in computing.
It is used to crack lost passwords, register online, setting up email accounts, against privacy violation and spam. It can protect a website from unwanted bots from the internet. Of course this way it ensures that the whole system is free of any damage and that it runs suitably without much of a difficulty.
More on CAPTCHA
The term CAPTCHA was first coined by John Langford from IBM along with Nicholas J. Hopper, Manuel Blum and Luis von Ahn of Carnegie Mellon University. Sometimes CAPTCHA is designed with letters in a distorted form, puzzles, pictures and numbers many a time. The most interesting part about this test is that a computer evaluates this test which is why it is also known as the reverse Turing test.
Top 5 Best WordPress Captcha Plugins You Must Check In 2020
Yes here is a list of 5 Best WordPress Captcha Plugins that has helped content writing and blogging as well:
- SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam – This particular plugin helps to eradicate all spam from WordPress. This is because users have to register and type the CAPTCHA code as per the image displayed. This way they can proceed to post a comment, recover passwords and even to login. Not to mention that this prevents spam that is otherwise created from automated bots and also makes a website secured.
- Google Captcha – This plugin is for making web forms secured and the best part about this plugin is that it comes for free. This can be used to convert newspapers, old radio shows and newspapers into digital form. Like any other CAPTCHA this too can be used for logging in, recover lost passwords, registration and letting readers post comments.
- Sweet captcha – This is really a cute plugin as the name suggests and it comes for free which can be customized for making it more fun filled. This protects a website against spam by adding appealing illustrations that make it look lively over the regular boring CAPTCHA images. It can be used for registration, comments and even as a form because it comes with an integrated Contact Form 7.
- WP Captcha Bank – This works as a WordPress shield that can be used to protect sites against spam in a big way. It is loaded with over 50 settings that even use some of the advanced features like that of Auto IP Block, Login Logs and Security Protections. This can be used for form filling, comments, registration or even for simple log in. It can hide the CAPTCHA for already registered users as well.
- Free Captcha – This plugin works great with Askimet and it has to be added that it makes a WordPress site super secured. This is that anti spam CAPTCHA that can block automated bots from spamming against a site. This can be used for recovering passwords, registration, login and even for posting comments.
One more plugin
This section will discuss about one more bonus WordPress Captcha Plugin, that of:
Contact Form 7 – This is a form which easily blends with any kind of CAPTCHA. This can be of great assistance for blocking that email spam from entering important mails. It can integrate with CAPTCHA and redirect to go to my contact plugin. This way it keeps the environment safe and secured.
Advantages of CAPTCHA plugins
There are many advantage of using CAPTCHA plugins which can be started by saying that it makes a site secured and safe from spam. Listed below are a few more pointers that can make it clear:
- It can block spam comments by stopping it in the very place first.
- A CAPTCHA form can also stop spam emails.
- This also protects registration forms programmatically.
- It also keeps a website and highly confidential webpages safe from search engine bots which may crawl into a system.
- This way dealing with spam comments can be curbed down to some extent.
- This indicates that it can protect blogs from spam comments while backlinking their blogs.
- This means that using a WordPress Captcha Plugin will ensure that webmasters concentrate on running their site more other than spam.
- The CAPTCHA codes are auto generated which means website owners do not have wrack their brains for the inventing new codes.
- Avoid affecting the SEO of websites in an adverse way by blocking all that spam by using CAPTCHA.
- These plugins are extremely user friendly and can be implemented as soon as the installation of the plugin is over.
- Using CAPTCHA plugins means that one can run their online business smoothly and more efficiently.
Conclusion : Best WordPress Captcha Plugins You Must Check
Like any new concept, CAPTCHA has also been criticized by many people for slowing down their work and especially by disabled people for the words look illegible. Another point that should be added to this discussion is that of humans with an intention to spam cannot be controlled by CAPTCHA alone. This is a big problem that cannot be sorted as spam has to be taken care of at the first instance.
However CAPTCHA has evolved into a tool for keeping websites secured and safe. In order to keep away from all the additional headache of filtering spam manually, it is better to use a CAPTCHA. There is no end to trying hands with this software as there are over 20,000 or even more CAPTCHA plugins that one may choose from.
Just remember to keep it simple and add a dash of fun to it. This definitely has led people to use it all the more and in reality the number of websites and blogs using this revolutionary software called CAPTCHA has increased in the past which adds to its popularity.
if you really enjoyed this post please share this post to your friends so they learn something new and grow in digital marketing. Your valuable comments are oxygen for me.
SHARING IS ♥️