Among the many VPN services available on the market, Hola VPN is THE one to try. The service has over 200 million users in 190 countries worldwide. Hola is a reliable VPN provider with both FREE and PAID plans. The free service is ideal for regular internet users looking to unblock websites.
Advanced users seeking greater security, privacy, and unlimited access to their favorite content, gaming and services can upgrade to the PLUS version.
Curious to know more about Hola VPN?
In this post, I’ve featured Hola VPN Review 2021 that includes detailed insights into this amazing VPN provider.
Detailed Hola VPN Review 2021: Should You Go For It??
In-depth Hola VPN Review
There are many free VPN services available in the market and Hola VPN is one of them. You should try Hola because it’s free. It uses your bandwidth and processing power to route some of it’s the traffic which means it makes available your internet connection to others as well. But it also claims that other users won’t be able to access your system and data stored in it. It only happens in the free version.
To access as a peer, you need to buy the premium version of Hola but before doing that you should consider other options as well because there are far more better premium VPNs available in the market than Hola.
It claims that it has over 200 million users all over the world. The main working of this VPN to unblock websites.
It does not focuses on your security because it has a weak SSL encryption and Peer-to-tunneling and because of that, your system will be vulnerable to hacking.
Hola combines standard VPN architecture with patented peer-to-peer technology to unblock websites. Hola’s free subscribers opt into a community-based VPN powered by split-routing technology. In return for a fast connection and unlimited access, users share idle routing resources only when their devices are not in use. Hola in no way gains access to devices, it only routes a negligible amount of traffic through it in order to continue offering a free service that is refreshingly free of ads.The process has no impact on a user’s browsing or computer usage.
Users that prefer to opt out of resource sharing can upgrade to the PLUS version for a small monthly fee. The PLUS version offers additional privacy and security, and unlimited access to streaming, including Netflix, BBC, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+, HBO, ITV, Channel4, Amazon, ABC, and RTE, entertainment, gaming, and other popular services.
How To Get Started With Hola VPN?
To get started with Hola VPN, you just need to download Hola VPN from the official website and start installing it.
It also shows that the commercial version of the VPN is connected to Luminati service which means it works according to Peer-to-Peer network technology. It claims to be a VPN but the free version of it is just Proxy service.
Proxy is not capable to provide you anonymity like a VPN does. You can even hide your IP address only through an installed browser but the rest of the apps will be unprotected.
It also uses your system and network resources which have already been mentioned on their official website. It claims that it happens only when the device is idle but that’s not completely true.
The connection between Hola and Luminati
Ofer Vilenski founded Hola VPN, Hola CDN, and Luminati. Basically, Luminati is not a VPN but instead of that, it sells network to other users.
It harnesses the computing resources to provide extra resources to the business whenever your smartphone, tablet or computer is idle and connected to Hola VPN. Read about Luminati Review here.
You can get all the information regarding Luminati on the about page of the official website of Hola. The connection between two companies shows that Hola VPN is not safe to use.
Luminati claims that it started working independently from Hola in 2016 but we know that it is not true because the connection is still there and you can see it when you install Hola VPN.
Hola VPN is A Peer-To-Peer Network?
The performance of any VPN fully depends on the geographical distance between the user and target server. For Hola’s VPN service, European servers deliver results between 65-82Mbps. US-based servers deliver results well over 48Mbps.
Is Hola VPN Secure?
Hola PLUS’ top-of-the-range security is guaranteed by the top standard IKEv2/IPSEC with AES 256-bit encryption and kill switch support to safeguard against unforeseen breaches. The PLUSversion also supports other encryption protocols.
Compared to other free services where privacy may be compromised, Hola does not share its users’ personal information with anyone in the Hola community and never sells details to a third party for marketing or other purposes.
You should test the VPN yourself first then believe in those reviews because most of them can be fake. But apart from that, the free version of Hola VPN is extremely unhandy and unsafe.
But the premium version has quality security though you can access all the unrestricted websites of your region or country through the free version.
Hola VPN for Mac
There are few things for Mac OS which Hola offers:
- It does not have any app for Mac. It has only plugin and plugin is only compatible with chrome browser.
- You can’t use the VPN for other apps.
- For every tab, it provides individual proxy.
- You must open the website before activating the VPN.
- It also shows an incorrect display of the locations of regions or countries.
- Works on P2P connection with other clients.
You can download Hola VPN for Mac from the official website.
Hola VPN for Android and iOS
Hola is compatible with iOS (8 and later) and Android (5 and later) devices. Hola mobile subscriptions include a free 3-day trial. Simply cancel your account within the trail period to avoid any charges.
You can only use Hola on your mobile device for 3 days for free after that you have to pay for it. You have to subscribe to it first before using it and if you don’t want to be charged then unsubscribe it before the trial period ends.
The customer support system is only for paid users of this VPN. There will be no support provided to free users. The security is not so good for free users as well. You can contact the support team via email and they will respond to you within a few hours.
This VPN is based on Israel and some of you might think that it is not safe to use and somewhere you guys are right because there is a lot of suspicious activities this VPN does which can deviate a user.
But you can find solutions to queries regarding how to use it or activate it in the tutorial section of the official website.
Pricing Plans Offered By Hola VPN
Hola VPN is free for every user. But to access more features of this VPN you can buy the premium plans. In the premium plans, they provide better security than the free version which is a good thing. There are basically 4 premium plans available for Hola VPN.
- 1 Month- This plan is for only one month and you have to pay $11.95 once. But this is not a good option because if you want to use it for more time then you can buy better premium plans with less price.
- 1 Year Plan- This plan is for a year and you have to pay $6.99/month which is far better than the 1-month plan but once you subscribe to this plan then you won’t be able to cancel it before the timing period ends.
- 2 Year Plan- This plan is for 2 years and you have to pay $3.99/month which is also great but as I mentioned in the above plan you can’t cancel it before the timing period ends.
- 3 Year Plan- This plan is for 3 years and you have to pay $2.99/month and the same features you’ll get as the above plans.
The free version does not give you access to use the VPN on multiple browsers and your IP address will be shared with other users, which is a dangerous thing. It also offers a 30-days money-back guarantee on the yearly plans.
Pros and Cons of Hola VPN
Customer Reviews | Testimonials
- How to unblock Disney+ with ProtonVPN (Step-By-Step)
- Online Privacy Why It Is Important To Use VPN Instead
- How to Easily Bypass VPN Blocks (Even for Netflix, FACEBOOK) Guide
Pros and Cons of Hola VPN ( Hola VPN Reviews)
- Patented technology offers outstanding unblocking capabilities.
- Hola is free of ads.
- Hola supports virtually all platforms, including browsers, mobile and smart devices.
- Users can toggle between countries to set their preferred location.
- Free users do not have to sign up to access the service.
- A PLUS version is available for heavier users with advanced needs.
- Hola is active in 190 countries, delivering fantastic speeds in both Europe and the US.
- Hola PLUS complies with top security and encryption standards.
- The free version is not compatible with iOS and offers limited support for Mac OS.
- The free version has certain limitation for streaming certain types of content.
- Users looking for advanced privacy and security should upgrade to the PLUS version.
Conclusion: Detailed Hola VPN Review | Should You Go For It??
Look, there are many other VPN Providers in the market, that you can go for. But the prices are quite high and the security and speed offered by them are quite low and disappointing. But Hola VPN, as a FREE option offers much value than other VPN providers.
Even the best part is that, if you’re opting for a FREE VPN then consider starting Hola, as it also comes with Chrome Extension that you can use with your Chrome Bowser. Also, they offer Android as well as iOS Apps.
A word of caution, free VPN doesn’t offer that much anonymity and security compared to the paid VPNs. So consider choosing the paid plans.
We hope this post, suits your purpose well. Feel free to share this post on all trending social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.