Anyone who keeps learning stays young – Henry Ford
Learning is a continuous process. Constant learning has many advantages. It keeps you updated about everything happening around you, it builds on the skills you already have, makes you feel more confident about yourself, helps you to connect with people who share your interests, and does much more!
Today, we all are living in a tech-driven world where they are no barriers to learning anything you want to. All that you need to do is to pick up the topic of your interest and start exploring.
Now the question is how do you learn? Which platform is easily accessible and best suited for you? You might have these questions in your mind like many others Read on to find your answer.
The single answer to all these questions is ONLINE LEARNING COURSES.
Whether you want to be a program developer or want to be a better cook, or improvise your soft skills, there is plenty of online courses available to help you accomplish your goal.
So, in this blog, we strive to make your work easy. We provide you a set of online courses and a detailed comparison based upon various parameters about them that give you an idea of which one is best for you.
Here we go!
Some of the well-known online learning platforms of the present day are:
- CBT Nuggets
Let us analyze each of the above online learning platforms and draw a conclusion as to which of them stands ahead of the rest.
Top 6+ Online Learning Platforms 2020 | (Hand Pick)
What is Simpliv?
Simpliv is one of the emerging online education platforms in this space. Headquartered in Fremont, CA, USA, it has, in a short duration of time, become a popular learning partner among the students belonging to different age groups and professions.
Simpliv, with over 100000+ video lessons on a wide range of topics, is now a global online learning marketplace. Simpliv believes that learning has no boundaries, and strives to remove all the barriers to online learning. Its main motto is that online education should be accessible to all at affordable costs.
Simpliv offers courses at very low prices, some as low as just $2.99. One can find courses designed by highly established industry experts. Some of its premier courses come at a price range of $10. That’s truly unbelievable.
One dominating factor of Simpliv that you will not find in any other online learning platform such as edX, is its collection of topnotch course bundles. YES, you read it right. Recently Simpliv has introduced a list of top course bundle that covers all the subjects pertaining to a particular technology designed by different experts.
For example, one of the course bundles, “Pack of 15 – The Complete Digital Marketing Bundle” has a list of 15 courses at a price of just $120. If you considered buying these courses individually, it would cost you around $800.
Simpliv has many more similar course bundles, such as Pack of 10 – Stock Trading & Investing Strategies Bundle, Pack of 10 – Linux Certification Bundle etc.
Apart from the course bundle mentioned above, Simpliv offers individual courses on a wide range of topics. Whether you want to become a Java developer or a Digital marketer or want to become an Economist, Simpliv is always there to help in your professional growth.
The best part of this learning platform is that it continuously keeps adding new courses to its catalogue. It has grown its course numbers to over 4000+ designed by 3000+ authors spread across 180 countries. And it has subscribers list has grown above 36000. Incredible number, isn’t it?
Talking about which kinds of course categories are available on Simpliv platforms library, here are some of the topics:
- All Development
- IT & Software Systems
- Health & Vigor
- Individual Development
- Desirable Lifestyle
- Productive Expertise & Efficiency
- Blueprint & Designing
- Frames & Portraits
- Language & Vocabulary
- Preparation Tests
And these different categories contain different sets of courses like All Development category, which contains courses such as:
- Development Tool
- Mobile Development
- Web Development.
Live Virtual Classes
This is yet another unique feature of Simpliv. Apart from having self-paced courses and Course Bundles, it also offers Live Virtual Classes on a variety of courses. Simpliv is offering a large number of live virtual classes wherein students can subscribe to these courses and attend live classes and interact with trainers at the same time to clarify their doubts. Like self-paced courses, these virtual classes also come up with affordable costs.
Simpliv has designed its website in a manner that anyone can easily find the course of their choice easily. Even though it has over 100000+ video lessons, it is very easy for you to find your favorite course with just of few clicks of buttons. It allows the learners to quickly shortlist their program using filter options.
Just look at the screenshot below to understand how it works. You can use the filter options at left side columns to quickly find your course.
What is edX?
edX is a trusted online learning platform founded by Harvard and MIT. edX is a leading MOOC provided i.e., both non-profit and open source. It has a subscriber database of more than 20 million students. Being a global non-profit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing various barriers associated with education.
edX offers around 2500+ courses from 140 institutions on its platforms. It has over 6000 instructors on its platforms with a presence in 196 countries around
- Udemy Vs EdX : Which One Is The Best? (#1 Reason)
- EdX vs Coursera | Which One Is The Best? ( #1 Reason)
the world. Some of its popular subjects are as follows:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Business & Management
Each of subjects contains large list courses pertaining to different topics. For example, one of its categories Computer Science has courses on different technologies viz: Azure, Blockchain, C Programming etc. Another category, Language, contains courses for teaching different languages viz: Chinese, English, Italian, etc.
edX regularly partners with many different types of organizations around the world such as academic institutions, non-profit institutions, national governments etc. Some of the edX charter members include:
- University of California, Berkeley
- The University of Texas system
- Boston University
- Georgetown University
- Sorbonne University
- University of Adelaide
- The University of Queensland
- University System of Maryland
- Arizona State University
- Berklee College of Music.
What is DataCamp?
DataCamp is one of the most advanced online learning platforms for Data science and analytics. It is building one of the comprehensive online learning resources for Data science and analytics. It helps organizations as well as individual professionals answer their most challenging questions by making better use of data.
DataCamp, with more than 340 courses designed by over 270 instructors, makes it easy to build data science and analytics skills at your own pace. DataCamp has courses for every stage of your career and they are available on-demand whenever you want to upgrade your data skills.
DataCamp also enables managers to bridge the talent gap and embed data fluency across an entire organization. Now it has over 6.9 million learners around the globe at leading organizations.
The advantage of DataCamp is that it allows you to learn to code directly in your web browser. Most of its courses include short videos delivered by experts and interactive exercises. This learning platform is based on practice, and it has a lot of practice assignments that give learners a hands-on experience. These are to be taken up once you complete theoretical study in the subject, which means that you will be able to practice what you have learned.
- DataCamp vs Coursera: The In-depth Comparison (Our Pick)
- Datacamp vs Udacity Which One Is The Best &Why? (#1 Reason)
Some of the technologies you can browse on DataCamp platforms are as follows:
- Power Bi.
You can also browse course based upon topics as well. Some of the well-known topics are as follows:
- Data Manipulation
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Probability & Statistics
- Importing & Cleaning Data
- Applied Finance
- Case Studies
- Data Engineering.
What is Skillshare?
Skillsshare is an American online platform for learning and teaching founded in November 2010. It has its headquarters in New York City, New York, U.S.
The majority of courses on this platform focus on interaction rather than lecturing, with the prime goal of learning by completing the project.
The Skillsshare platform mainly empowers:
Members to: Get inspired, learn new skills, make discoveries.
Teachers to: Share expertise, earn money, give back.
Employees to: Be curious, make an impact, live a full life.
- Skillshare Vs Brilliant : The Ultimate Comparison (Our Pick)
- SkillShare Vs MasterClass | Which One To Choose? (#1 Reason)
Skillsshare for teams
With the help of Skillsshare for teams, you can empower and inspire your team with:
- on-demand classes
- live events
- customized learning paths
- world-class teachers
- powerful actionable insights.
It is an online learning community with having thousands of classes for creative and curious people, on different topics including illustration, design, photography, video, advertising, music, photography, gaming, technology freelancing and many more.
As of March 2019, Skillsshare has over 27,000 premium classes and over 2000 free classes available. Some of the noted courses in different categories on Skillsshare platforms are as follows:
Some of the advantages of taking Skillsshare courses are:
- It provides scholarship for students
- It has good quality of videos and students
- It offers better payments to trainers
- It offers thousands of free courses.
What is Pluralsight?
Pluralsight is an online education platform founded in 2004 and has its headquarters in Farmington, Utah. It offers a wide variety of courses for software developers, IT administrators, and creative professionals.
Pluralsight has a huge library of courses that is updated regularly based on the latest trends in the tech industry. It currently has more than 1500 subject matter experts, and offers more than 7000 courses in its catalog.
Pluralsight has a strong focus on Technology and Data focused courses. It is trusted by 70% of the Fortune 500 companies; more than 17,700 business accounts. It is helping thousands of organizations build tech skills at scale.
- Code School vs Pluralsight : Which is Better & Why To Join? (Top Pick)
- Lynda vs Pluralsight : Which Is The Best & Why? (TRUTH)
Some of the newest courses on Pluralsight are:
- Configuring and Using Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Microsoft Azure Administrators: Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Build Your First Data Visualization with Pygal
- Demonstrating the Business Value of Power BI
- Cisco CyberOps: Analyzing Hosts
- Building Data Pipelines with Luigi and Python
- Initial Access with sqlmap
- Migrating to Google Cloud
- Microsoft Azure Authentication Scenarios for Developers
- Using Structures in C.
Some popular courses on its platforms are as follows:
- Network Interface Layer and Ethernet Operation for Cisco CCNA 200-125/100-105
- Conducting Passive Reconnaissance for CompTIA PenTest+
- SCCM Current Branch: Deploy and Maintain Operating Systems
- Demonstrating the Business Value of Power Automate
- Deploying Network Configuration Management and Telemetry Solutions
- Managing Cisco Products Using Advanced API-based Methods
- Information Systems Auditor: Operations, Maintenance, and Service
- Ethical Hacking: Hacking the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Linux: System Security (LPIC-2)
- SCCM Current Branch: Deploy Clients and Manage Inventory.
Some of the benefits of subscribing to Pluralsight courses are as follows:
- Pluralsight subscription plans provide unlimited access to all its courses
- Pluralsight subscription costs are very low
- Pluralsight offers thousands of courses
- Pluralsight has mobile app and free video downloads
- Pluralsight has well defined course paths
- Pluralsight has a vast list of expert and experienced authors.
6) CBT Nuggets
CBT Nuggets is a premier online education learning platform. With more than 20 years of experience, it has become one of the trusted education providers for learners.
Some of the features of CBT Nuggets are as follows:
IT-focused training library: CBT Nuggets provides IT-focused training courses. It has a vast database of courses, at which learners can find any course that suits them.
Virtual Labs: CBT Nuggets provides virtual labs. Here, learners need not invest in expensive equipment.
App & offline viewing: Learners can download an iOS or Android application to learn from anywhere and at any time.
Certification on completion: CBT Nuggets provides certification on successful completion of the courses.
Usage reporting: CBT Nuggets helps you to track your progress with automated reports for individual and advanced reporting for team admins.
CBT Nuggets offers a large number of courses, and you can choose your training by different vendors such as:
It also provides some of the courses listed below:
- Network Administration
- System Administration
- Cloud Administrator
- Project Management.
It has joined hands with some of the leading companies such as:
- Udemy Vs Udacity: In-depth Comparison
- Udemy vs Coursera: Comparison | Which One Is Best (#1 Reason)
- Udemy vs Pluralsight: The Detailed Comparison
- The Definitive Guide To Build An Online Courses Using WordPress Plugins
- Udemy Vs Skillshare Comparison: Which Is Better For Digital Learning?
Before we suggest the best online course for you, let us quickly look into some of the prime reasons why you need to opt for learning through this channel over many other modes of learning. This is to make you feel more confident to choose an online learning platform.
So, let’s look into 5 main advantages of choosing an online course as a preferred learning platform. They are as follows:
- Flexibility: The primary reason why many learners find subscribing to an online course enticing is that they can attend these pre-recorded classes at any time of their day. Unlike traditional classroom coaching, where a fixed time and date are set for classes and students to need to work their schedules around them, these online courses provide freedom for students to learn at their comfortable time.
- Lower costs: The other benefit of subscribing to online courses is that they come with affordable costs. Since you will be doing these courses from your home, you can save few amounts from your pocket, money that might otherwise be expended on items such as having to travel from your residence to classroom locations.
- Improves technical skills: Online courses are designed by industry experts who carry in-depth knowledge about the subjects they teach. They teach students various topics ranging from how to efficiently use new software products, how to perform in-depth research online, and how to improve their soft skills to communicate well.
- Networking opportunities: Enrolling in an online course enables students and professionals to get in touch with other professionals from their own industry from across the world, who could share similar kinds of interest and knowledge. These online platforms help professionals to interact with other people efficiently, and this often leads to other opportunities in terms of collaboration with other individuals in the implementation of a project.
- Better documentation: The other benefit of subscribing to an online course is that it provides an opportunity for students to safely store all the necessary information in their database. This may include things like discussion documents, emails, training materials, etc.
It means students can easily and quickly access all the information they learned at any time, whenever they need any clarification. This is useful for students who need to prepare a project report based on the training they underwent during the course.
Now that we have understood the benefits provided by the online learning platform, let us move on the answer the vital question of which is the best one to take up. The present IT market is almost flooded with learning platforms, each of which comes with its own pros and cons. Selecting one of them might be a difficult choice to make.
Conclusion: Top 6+ Online Learning Platforms 2020
Well, now you have read in detail about all the top 6 online courses we discussed above. But now coming back to the question that we had at the beginning of this blog, namely, which is the best learning platform to choose, there is no one straightforward answer to this question.
The reason is simple: every learner has different goals and each of the learning platforms has its own features and follows different teaching processes that may or may not align with everyone’s learning process.
But we don’t want to disappoint with this answer. An analysis of the features and programs points to the fact that Simpliv is the learning platform that stands ahead of the rest.
We say this because Simpliv is an emerging learning platform that has all the features that are essential for helping a learner master a particular skill. While assessing various platforms, we noticed a few key factors that make Simpliv different.
The below table lists various parameters of how Simpliv is unique in comparison to others.
|1||Price range||As low as $2.99||Don’t offer course at this low price|
|2||Course bundle||Has many course bundles that covers many courses of same technology under one umbrella||Not every platform has this feature|
|3||Categories||Offers courses in 16 different categories||Every platform doesn’t have these many categories|
|4||Trainers/authors||Only industry experts are allowed to share their courses on its platforms||In some platforms anyone can share their video course|
|5||Live Virtual Classes||Has some wonderful Live Virtual Classes on its platforms||Not every platform has this feature|
|6||Better User-interface||Has a better user-interface allowing learning to quickly find their course of interest||On some platforms. learners find it difficult choose right course among the many available|
|7||Money back guarantee||Has 20-Day Money-back guarantee||Not every platform offers this feature to learners|
Some other reason that makes Simpliv a unique platform is that it is not limited to just one area of teaching. You can find courses in various fields, such as Technologies, Marketing, Academics, Preparing for various tests, etc., here, making it stand apart from others.
Unlike other platforms, wherein anyone can design their course video and share it on a learning platform, on Simpliv only industry experts are allowed to share their courses. Simpliv thoroughly validates the author’s profile and checks the depth of their knowledge about the subject, and only then approves their courses to be shared on its platform. This process makes ensures that high-quality courses are shared on its platform.
In conclusion, we can say that every online learning platform is good in its own way but relying on the Simpliv platform makes your job easier to become a Master in a profession or a Subject matter expert.
All the best for your journey of Online Learning!