In this post, we will discuss Voice Search Statistics 2023
All of you have heard the theories. The latest organic search is voice search. SEO will be extinguished by voice search. Your house, your valuables, and your dog will be seized and let wander the neighborhood if you utilize voice search.
The hullabaloo is at a peak, yet how much of it is based on facts? We’re all about the data at BloggersIdeas. And nothing hammers home the facts of a movement like hard numbers.
To help you plan for the voice search revolution, here are 33 voice search facts.
Image credit: pexels
Voice Search Statistics In General
- According to ComScore, voice searches will account for 50 percent of all searches by 2020. (Would this be a voice search post if you don’t start with this factoid?)
- According to Gartner, by 2020, over 30 percent of all inquiries will be conducted without the use of a screen.
- According to OC&C Strategy Consultants, 13 percent of all American households possessed a smart speaker in 2017. By 2022, that percentage is expected to grow to 55%.
- According to Activate, there will be 21.4 million smart speakers in the United States by 2020.
- According to Technavio, the voice identification market will be worth $601 million by 2019.
- 6. According to Edison Research and NPR, one out of every six Americans (16%) owns a voice-activated smart speaker.
- According to Alpine.AI, there were approximately 1 bn voice searches each month in January 2018.
Usage Stats for Voice Search
- According to Google, 52 percent of customers put their voice-activated devices in their living rooms. They’re kept in 25 percent of people’s bedrooms, whereas 22 percent put them in their kitchens.
- According to eMarketer, a voice-activated assistant speaker was used by around 35.6 million Americans at least once every month in 2017, up 128.9% year over year.
- According to the CTA, one out of every four shoppers utilized voice assistants during the 2017 holiday shopping season.
- According to Google, 72 percent of consumers who possess voice-activated speakers claim they utilize them in their daily lives.
- According to Search Engine Watch, mobile voice searches are three times more inclined to be local than text searches.
- According to GeoMarketing, 65 percent of those who possess a Google Home or Amazon Echo can’t envision going back to a time before they had a smart device.
- According to Google, 41 percent of individuals who possess a voice-activated device say it feels like they’re talking to a buddy or another person.
Demographic Data on Voice Search
- According to eMarketer, 35.8 percent of millennials utilize voice-enabled virtual assistants at least once per month, compared to only 10.1 percent of baby boomers.
- According to eMarketer, the number of millennials who utilize voice-enabled virtual assistants will increase to 39.3 percent in 2019.
- According to Location World, two in five grown-ups use voice search at least once a day.
- According to the Global Web Index, one out of every five adults uses a smartphone audio search at least monthly.
- According to the Global Web Index, 25 percent of people aged sixteen to twenty-four use voice search on their phones.
- According to Walker Sands, the age group 26-35 has the highest proportion of smart home gadget owners.
Stats on Voice Search Devices
- According to eMarketer, an Amazon Echo was utilized by 70.6 percent of Americans who utilized a voice-enabled device at least once in a month in 2017. Google Home was used by 23.8 percent of respondents.
- According to Microsoft’s Purna Virji, voice search contributes to 25 percent of searches on the Windows 10 taskbar.
- According to Techcrunch, the Echo Dot was the best-selling device on Amazon during the 2018 holiday season.
- According to Strategy Analytics, Google & Amazon represents 94 percent of all smart speakers in use.
- According to Google, Google Assistant is currently present on more than four hundred million devices.
- According to GeoMarketing, 6. 82% of Amazon Echo smart device users subscribe to Amazon Prime.
- According to Loup Ventures, while the Apple HomePod recognizes 99.4% of all inquiries, it only responds 52.3 percent of them accurately, placing it below Amazon Echo (64 percent), Google Home (81 percent), & Harman Kardon Invoke (57 percent).
Stats on Voice Commerce
- According to OC&C Strategy Consultants, voice commerce revenues surpassed $1.8 billion last year. By 2022, they’re expected to be worth $40 billion.
- According to Edison Research, 22% of smart speaker owners in the United States have purchased something with their devices.
- According to MoffettNathanson, 3.5% of consumers utilize audio shopping, but that figure could rise to 50% by 2022.
- According to OC&C Strategy Consultants, grocery shopping constituted 20 percent of voice shopping in 2017. Compared to clothing shopping, which represented only 8% of the total.
- According to Google, 52 percent of voice-activated speaker users want to hear from brands about offers, sales, and promotions. 39 percent want more options for finding business information.
- According to Walker Sands, 1 in 5 consumers (19%) has made a spoken purchase via Amazon Echo or some other digital home assistant, & another third (33%) plans to do so in the coming year.
Conclusion: Voice Search Statistics 2023
Adapt or perish, as the saying goes. In the last two or three years, the voice search mania has taken on a life of its own.
Nonetheless, the numbers speak for themselves. Start picturing how your brand may capitalize on this widespread trend with the aforementioned facts and figures.
With over 15 years of expertise in personal branding, self-development, and financial literacy under her belt, Alisa has earned a reputation as an accomplished keynote speaker. She is also an expert on topics ranging from self-development, Business News to investment and gladly shares this knowledge with audiences through keynote speaking engagements as well as writing craft workshops for local writers' groups and book conferences. Out of her deep knowledge of writing craftsmanship, Alisa also offers online fiction courses to guide aspiring authors to reach success through story composition excellence.