Hey there! Let me tell you about one of the most inspiring individuals I’ve come across—David Goggins.
This guy is an absolute powerhouse of resilience and determination, and his story has left a profound impact on me.
David Goggins was born on February 17, 1975, and his life journey has been nothing short of remarkable.
As a kid, he faced unimaginable hardships, including poverty, racism, and abusive environments.
I was deeply moved to learn that he struggled with obesity and had a learning disability. Despite all these challenges, he refused to be defined by his circumstances.
Being someone who’s always been fascinated by the military and elite forces, I was captivated by Goggins’ relentless pursuit of his dream to become a Navy SEAL.
He had to overcome countless obstacles and endured several failed attempts due to physical injuries and medical conditions. But guess what? He never gave up.
David Goggins is a world-renowned ultramarathon runner, former Navy Seal, and all-around bad–*. A few years ago, Goggins set out to break the world record for most pull-ups completed in 24 hours.
He not only succeeded in breaking the record but did it with such ease that he smashed it by completing 4,030 pullups.
So how does Goggins do it? And more importantly, what can we learn from him?
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of David Goggins’ top tips for success and see how we can apply them to our own lives.
From growing up in poverty to becoming a Navy SEAL, Black Belt Athlete, and Guinness World Record holder, Goggins’ journey is one that will leave you motivated and inspired.
His philosophy is simple: “If it doesn’t suck, we’re not going hard enough.” If you’re looking for motivation to pursue your goals and live your best life, then David Goggins is your man.
He is one of the most extraordinary athletes on the planet. He has an incredibly inspiring story, and his achievements are nothing short of amazing.
40+ David Goggins Quotes 2023
1. “Everything in life is a mind game! Whenever we get swept under by life’s dramas, large and small, we are forgetting that no matter how bad the pain gets, no matter how harrowing the torture, all bad things end.” ― David Goggins
2. “Be more than motivated, be more than driven, become literally obsessed to the point where people think you’re fucking nuts.” ― David Goggins
3. “Pain unlocks a secret doorway in the mind, one that leads to both peak performance, and beautiful silence.” ― David Goggins
4. “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.” ― David Goggins
5. “The reason it’s important to push hardest when you want to quit the most is because it helps you call out your mind. It’s the same reason why you have to do your best work when you are the least motivated.” ― David Goggins
6. “It’s possible to transcend anything that doesn’t kill you,” ― David Goggins
7. “When you think that you are done, you’re only 40% into what your body’s capable of doing. That’s just the limits that we put on ourselves.” ― David Goggins
8. “Only you can master your mind, which is what it takes to live a bold life filled with accomplishments most people consider beyond their capability.” ― David Goggins
9. “You are giving up instead of getting hard! Tell the truth about the real reasons for your limitations and you will turn that negativity, which is real, into jet fuel. Those odds stacked against you will become a damn runway!” ― David Goggins
10. “But you don’t have to let your doubt into the cockpit! You can tolerate doubt as a backseat driver, but if you put doubt in the pilot’s seat, defeat is guaranteed. Remembering that you’ve been through difficulties before and have always survived to fight again shifts the conversation in your head. It will allow you to control and manage doubt, and keep you focused on taking each and every step necessary to achieve the task at hand.” ― David Goggins
11. “The human body can withstand and accomplish a hell of a lot more than most of us think possible, and that it all begins and ends in the mind.” ― David Goggins
12. “It hurts, but that’s all it does. The most difficult part of the training is training your mind. You build calluses on your feet to endure the road. You build calluses on your mind to endure the pain. There’s only one way to do that. You have to get out there and run.” ― David Goggins
13. “It’s about what we do with opportunities revoked or presented to us that determine how a story ends.” ― David Goggins
14. “The hard part is getting to that point because the ticket to victory often comes down to bringing your very best when you feel your worst.” ― David Goggins
15. “Everything in life is a mind game! Whenever we get swept under by life’s dramas, large and small, we are forgetting that no matter how bad the pain gets, no matter how harrowing the torture, all bad things end. That forgetting happens the second we give control over our emotions and actions to other people, which can easily happen when pain is peaking.” ― David Goggins
Here at bloggersideas, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for David Goggins quotes then why not take a look at these Sebastian Maniscalco Quotes or Jitendra Vaswani Quotes too?
16. “You can’t let a simple failure derail your mission, or let it worm so far up your ass it takes over your brain and sabotages your relationships with people who are close to you. Everyone fails sometimes and life isn’t supposed to be fair, much less bend to your every whim.” ― David Goggins
17. “We habitually settle for less than our best; at work, in school, in our relationships, and on the playing field or racecourse.” ― David Goggins
18. “Control your mindset. Dominate your thought process. This life is all a fucking mind game. Realize that. Own it!” ― David Goggins
19. “It’s funny, humans tend to hatch our most challenging goals and dreams, the ones that demand our greatest effort yet promise absolutely nothing, when we are tucked into our comfort zones.” ― David Goggins
20. “Victory comes from getting the best of you when you feel the worst.” – David Goggins
21. “A warrior is a guy that goes ‘I’m here again today. I’ll be here again tomorrow and the next day.’ It’s a person who puts no limit on what’s possible.” – David Goggins
22. “Every morning in our lives, we have a choice to make. You have the choice to stay in bed and say, ‘Forget it, I’m not going to work out today.’ or ‘Forget it, I’m not going to work hard today.’ That’s your choice that you make every single day of your life. Make the right decision.” – David Goggins
23. “When you fall down, focus on the solution, not the problem. You might quit or fail 100 times. Keep that clear picture of where you want to be.” – David Goggins
24. “Don’t limit expectations of yourself and settle for anything less than what you are truly capable of achieving.” – David Goggins
25. “I’m a big believer of doing something that sucks every single day of your life. I believe it’s a key component in strengthening your mind.” – David Goggins
26. “A lot of us surround ourselves with people who speak to our desire for comfort. Who would rather treat the pain of our wounds and prevent further injury than help us callous over them and try again. We need to surround ourselves with people who will tell us what we need to hear, not what we want to hear, but at the same time not make us feel we’re up against the impossible.” David Goggins
27. “Success is based on your willingness to work your ass off no matter what obstacles are in your way.” – David Goggins
28. “Don’t worry about the elements around you and what’s going on. You gotta get out there and get it.” David Goggins
29. “Motivation is crap. Motivation comes and goes. When you’re driven, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.” – David Goggins
30. “I understand the temptation to sell short, but I also know that impulse is driven by your mind’s desire for comfort, and it’s not telling you the truth.” David Goggins
31. “In life, there is no gift as overlooked or inevitable as failure. I’ve had quite a few and have learned to relish them, because if you do the forensics you’ll find clues about where to make adjustments and how to eventually accomplish your task.” David Goggins
32. “Most wars are won or lost in our own heads, and when we’re in a foxhole we usually aren’t alone, and we need to be confident in the quality of the heart, mind, and dialogue of the person hunkered down with us. Because at some point we will need some empowering words to keep us focused and deadly.” David Goggins
33. “Everybody wants a quick fix like 6-minute abs – you may get some results from it, but those results won’t be permanent. The permanent results come from you having to suffer. You have to get that tattoo on your brain so that when the hard time comes again, you don’t forget it.” David Goggins
34. “We are all great. No matter if you think you’re dumb, fat, been bullied, we all have greatness. You gotta find the courage. It’s going to be hard work, discipline, and the non-cognitive skills like hard work, dedication, and sacrifice, will set you apart.” – David Goggins
35. “Even if you are hurting, never let your competition see the look of defeat or even vulnerability on your face.” – David Goggins
36. “You’re gonna fail, you’re gonna be in your head, and you’re gonna be saying I’m not good enough. It’s about how you overcome that.” – David Goggins
37. “We all like to take this four lane highway, but we always step over the shovel. All I did was pick up that shovel and make my own path.” – David Goggins
38. “When you’re exhausted, weak, and tired and everyone around you looks just as bad as you or even worse – that’s the perfect time for you to make a statement. You let everyone around you know that when their life ends, that’s when yours begins.” David Goggins
39. “And if you fail again, so the f*ck be it. Take the pain. Repeat these steps and keep fighting.” — David Goggins
40. “Life is one big tug of war between mediocrity and trying to find your best self.” David Goggins
David Goggins In Media:
- dmarge- Former Navy SEAL David Goggins Overcomes His Toughest Challenge Yet
- datadriveninvestor- The #1 secret that has made David Goggin’s a huge success
David Goggins Youtube Videos:
FAQS on David Goggins:
What is David Goggins famous for?
David Goggins gained fame for his remarkable achievements in endurance sports, including completing multiple ultra-marathons, triathlons, and ultra-triathlons. He also holds the Guinness World Record for the most pull-ups done in 24 hours.
What is the 40% Rule that David Goggins talks about?
The 40% Rule is a concept Goggins often references. He believes that when your mind tells you that you're done or that you've reached your limit, you're actually only at about 40% of your actual capacity.
How did David Goggins become an ultra-endurance athlete?
After enduring a challenging upbringing and facing personal setbacks, Goggins decided to change his life. He lost a significant amount of weight, trained rigorously, and overcame physical and mental obstacles to become an ultra-endurance athlete.
What are some of David Goggins' notable achievements?
Goggins has completed several extreme challenges, including running more than 100 miles in a 24-hour race, completing the Badwater Ultramarathon, and finishing the SEALs' Hell Week three times.
How has David Goggins inspired others?
David Goggins' story of transformation, mental toughness, and resilience has inspired countless individuals to overcome their personal limitations, face challenges head-on, and strive for excellence in various aspects of life.
- Inspirational Quotes From Dav Pilkey
- Best Motivational Speakers In The World
- Raquel Welch Quotes: Inspirational & Powerful Quotes
- Best John Malkovich Quotes
- Jessie James Quotes: Most Famous Quotes Of All Time!
- Scott Speedman Quotes: Inspirational Quotes To Remember
Conclusion: David Goggins Quotes 2023
David Goggins is a remarkable individual with an incredible story of overcoming adversity. The quotes we’ve shared are sure to motivate and inspire you to push through your own challenges.
We hope you take away from this blog post that no matter what life throws your way, you can overcome it by refusing to give up.