Web hosting and related services are a very integral part of any website business or online blog. These hosting companies help you in keeping your site live and running. They allow you to make it accessible over the world of the internet. Here we talk about two very popular choices: Ipage vs. GoDaddy vs. HostGator
Why the Comparison between Ipage vs. GoDaddy vs. HostGator
You see there are loads of options and services you can find online when it comes to web hosting. Therefore, it may sometimes become very difficult to choose a service as most of them offer the same services and all claim to be the best! I myself have tried numerous of them while my stint as a digital marketer. Also Check out here best web hosting services.
Therefore in this series I provide you with some interesting comparisons and showdowns between the most popular hosting companies.
We will see which one is better on the basis of:
- The number and quality of services they offer
- The quality of support they offer
- How good these services really are
- How costly are these services
In this post, we will talk about Ipage vs. GoDaddy vs. HostGator
Founded in 2002, HostGator has quickly become one of the largest hosting companies in the world. You can attribute this tremendous growth to the excellent shared hosting plans, reliable web hosting, and high-quality customer service.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas today, it houses more than 8 million domains. They have more than 850 employees providing 24/7 support and service companies of all sizes.
HostGator offers a variety of hosting packages. You can choose between shared hosting, VPS, dedicated servers, hosting in the cloud and WordPress hosting packages.
All of these plans are feature-rich and adapt to different budget and accommodation needs.
- Shared Hosting: Shared hosting is the best way to create a new website with low traffic. In a shared hosting environment, your site frees up resources for other sites that are hosted on the same server.
- Cloud hosting: Although a shared hosting account is limited to one server, multiple servers are used for hosting in the cloud. This plan is appropriate if your website is experiencing frequent traffic peaks.
- WordPress Hosting: This is your shared hosting plan optimized for websites that use WordPress. Optimize performance and protect your site from some common WordPress attacks.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS): Virtual Private Server lets you manage your virtual resources on a cloud hosting platform. It is suitable for the growth of websites with frequent traffic peaks.
- Dedicated Server: With dedicated hosting, you get a server just to host your website. But it is also a big responsibility because you have to maintain it yourself.
Advantages and disadvantages of HostGator
Like all other products and services, each host has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are the pros and cons of HostGator that we have learned.
- Reliable hosting: HostGator guarantees an operating time of 99.99%. If you notice a downtime during this time, you will receive a credit month on your account.
- Generous refund guarantee: HostGator offers a 45-day money back guarantee. Typically, web hosting companies do not offer a money back guarantee of more than 30 days.
- Flexible billing periods: You can choose between monthly and annual billing periods. For longer billing times, you get the biggest discount.
- Free migration: HostGator offers a free migration service with all new accounts. Your team of experts will transfer your website for free from your previous host within the first 30 days of registration.
- No free domain: Unlike many other hosting providers, HostGator does not offer free domain registration during registration.
- Aggressive Incentive: You must review the additional services selected during the registration process. If you are not sure, disable it anyway. You can add it later at any time.
Founded in 1998, iPage has gradually become one of the leading hosting companies. Today, it feeds more than a million websites and is a well-known brand in WordPress hosting.
iPage makes web hosting easy for owners of budget-conscious websites. Your Simplified WordPress Hosting Packages provide many features for developing your website. Consult the opinions of our iPage experts to decide if iPage is the right option for you.
iPage offers comprehensive hosting plans for all types of websites. When you start, your joint plans can be an attractive option for you.
In this comprehensive review of iPage, we review your promises and test your hosting. These are the areas we will see:
- Reliability: Will your website be available to users 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without interruption?
- Performance: How fast does your website load on iPage?
- Customer Service: Can you rely on your customer service?
- Features: Does iPage have all the tools and features you need to build your website?
- Price: Do you offer the best prices in the industry? Are there iPage offers that can save you money?
Pros and Cons of iPage
Before you select a web hosting provider for your website, you can carefully check its advantages and disadvantages. Here are the pros and cons of iPage that we’ve learned:
- First, let’s look at the benefits that make iPage the first option.
- Cost-Effective Plans: iPage offers one of the most cost-efficient shared hosting plans in the industry, making it ideal for newcomers, personal websites and small businesses.
- Customer Friendly: iPage offers a broad set of tools and services that help customers easily build their websites and grow their business.
- $ 500 Bonus: You’ll also receive free credits from Google AdWords and Bing, a free listing of YP.com and Site Analytics Suite.
- Install WordPress with one click: All packages include one-click WordPress installation, unlimited databases, email accounts, disk space, and bandwidth.
- iPage is not without disadvantages, here are a few you want to consider.
- No cPanel: iPage does not support cPanel, the web hosting configuration window that is most commonly used by most hosting companies. If you are familiar with cPanel, you may have difficulty finding your way.
- No Monthly Billing: iPage does not offer monthly billing for your shared hosting plans. If you need a monthly billing, you’ll need to upgrade to VPS, WordPress or a dedicated hosting package.
GoDaddy is one of the leading hosting providers that digital marketers talk to. Statistically, this is the world’s largest domain name registrar, providing one of the most comprehensive web site creation tools.
Currently manages and manages over 60 million domain names. There are some good points and some negative points to GoDaddy that I’ll talk about in this long report, but one of the top attractions of the first marketers and bloggers with solid support for the customer who offers them. At least I can confirm that I was a former user of the service.
Previously, I was working on the Godaddy Ultimate hosting plan, and my experience was both good and bad. I’ve found that some things in GoDaddy are good, like support. The bad thing is that they ban your website because of overuse of resources without notice. Then you have to check that with GoDaddy.
- One of the largest registrars for domain names.
- Wide range of services available.
- GoDaddy offers a high-quality automatic WordPress installation.
- Choose Linux or Windows Hosting
- Interfaces of CPanel and Plesk Control Panel
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage space
- Host unlimited websites (except business plan)
- Discounts on special offers.
- It is cheap, branded and supported.
- No live chat support
- GoDaddy uses a custom hosting panel
- Limit your storage space and your databases
- It is very restrictive in the data.
- Support tickets pretty slow.
- The entry-level package is unusable
- There is no cPanel in shared accounts.
HostGator uses Dual Xeon Servers which are very powerful. Ipage offers a free drag-and-drop builder called Weebly which you have to manually install on the other services.
GoDaddy offers a free website accelerator which is a content delivery network which runs off their global network. It allows to you make your website easily accessible in different parts of the globe.
That is a big plus! In the end I say that GoDaddy and iPage fight neck to neck in this area while HostGator comes on top. This is also a result of the uptimes by these sites as HostGator provides double speeds of loading and uptime as compared to the other two. Follow Godaddy on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Pinterest
GoDaddy and HostGator use cPanel as their control panels. Well, most of us are acquainted with cPanels, therefore, the user-friendliness is there.
With cPanel you can install popular scripts like WordPress, Joomla and Weebly at the click of a button. I say that both the cPanels are more or less similar but the ultimate winner has to be GoDaddy over here as it easily integrates with other heavily used services and tools like domains very well. HostGator and Bluehost come with more or less the same features.
HostGator does provide customer focus as it has loads of customization options to give your website a more personal look and feel and also allow you more control!
The control panel which iPage provides is quite different. You get a vDeck control panel. Newbies might find it difficult to use! But the learning curve is steep and in no time you can get accustomed to it!
Pricing and Features
In all services, you can choose from different packages which include varied scales of:
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Data Transfer
- Email Accounts and more.
I have to say that HostGator is the priciest option for Indian online enthusiasts as the same service on GoDaddy and iPage can be availed for less. GoDaddy is the world number one when it comes to providing the cheapest services and iPage is only second to it!
GoDaddy plans start with INR 150 for the same. These days you can also get a domain for as less as INR 90 on GoDaddy. While with HostGator the same services can cost you INR400-675. With iPage, the cost is more or less same to GoDaddy but the latter wins the battle as it provides cheaper VPS services.
The price of the VPS services is also cheaper for GoDaddy while with HostGator these costs can go up to INR 16700. That is steep!
So HostGator is definitely the costliest. But if you are looking for sure shot performance and do not want any glitches then HostGator does provide a better long term scope.
Customer Support and Feedback
Support is of premium importance when it comes to hosting services. This is because every online enthusiast out there is not a techie. This is why we so many times run into confusion and then a god support team is all we want and need.
Issues can arise like:
- Site is down
- Site has crashed
- Plugins are not updating
- Hosting is flawed
- Anything else!
Luckily all these services provide 24*7 supports for their customers. You can choose from different options like email support, live chat or phone call to their support officers. GoDaddy provides the worst customer support.
Customers do have to wait for as long as 11 minutes to get their calls answered.
- GoDaddy Discount Coupon Promo Codes
- GoDaddy Website Builder Review
- GoDaddy VS InMotion Hosting
- Godaddy VPS Coupon Codes
So who wins when it comes to Ipage vs. GoDaddy vs. HostGator
Well I believe it depends on who is using it.
I recommend to GoDaddy to:
- Newbies and small scale businesses which are just getting started and want to make a substantial online presence. If you want the cheapest services then GoDaddy is the option for you. Once the income flow gets regular and savings are in the bank you can move up to Bluehost and enjoy some quality services. Check out Godaddy domain coupons, Godaddy hosting coupon, Godaddy renewal coupons.
I recommend Ipage to:
- Anyone who is looking for quality features and good support at the cheapest prices. This includes already established online firms who want to take it up a notch. If you are thinking about increasing your operations and availing the service of strong servers then iPage is a good option for you! You can check out ipage coupons codes too here.
I recommend HostGator to:
- Established online firms who have higher traffic and are looking for more premium services. Also check hostgator coupons.
Also check out this video from Godaddy: