The World Wide Web (www) functions with the Internet Hosting Services, which helps the organizations to upload their data for distribution on the Internet. Internet hosting services include DNA hosting, Email Hosting, and Web Hosting, etc. Your website can be uploaded on the World Wide Web through Web hosting services.
Let us consider a situation where your website represents a data container, which has the content that you want to distribute on www. All the web hosts offer you some space on their server for your website with Internet connectivity and these are provided via their data centers. In other words, you have hired some space on the server and the internet facility, which a web host provides.
There are both paid and free web hosts and you can select one depending on your requirement. Some of the web hosting services these providers offer include email hosting, blog hosting, file hosting, video hosting, and image hosting.
A list of the very best Linux web hosting companies and hosting plans recommended for hosting quality web host 2021. Read Linux hosting reviews & Learn How To Choose The Best Linux OS For Your Web Hosting Server.
Types of Platforms
Linux and Windows are two different platforms that are available for web hosting typically. Please note that these platforms are not dependent on the operating system used by you. They both work independently.
Your website can be hosted on both these platforms if it is static and made of CSS and HTML. The selection of the platform primarily depends on the kind of scripting language of your website. It is mainly because of the compatibility of a language with a particular platform. For example, if you have used PHP language along with MySQL database, then you must use a Linux/Unix based website host. On the other hand, for a site with the scripting language as ASP.NET, ASP, and SQL or Access database, you should use a Window driven hosting.
TOP 10 Linux Best Rated Web Hosting Service Providers in 2021
|Rank||Web Hosting||Basic Features||Advanced Features||Review|
Best Hosting for Business
Best Business Hosting
Fast VPS Hosting
Best Business Hosting
Ultimate WordPress Hosting
Best Business Managed Hosting
Best web Hosting
Best Personal Hosting
Best Reseller Hosting
We have reviewed these linux hosting providers in details. Read here :
Bluehost is one of the leading and most reputed names in the web hosting industry. It is also the part of EIG (Endurance International Group). Bluehost was found in 2003 headquartered at Provo, USA. It currently hosts 2 million websites.
Bluehost is certainly an ideal choice when it comes to linux based hosting. Bluehost is also the LAMP hosting like most of its competitors. They run on CentOS 6. Thought the OS is not updated but it still manages to give the industry standard services. It has the features which are perfectly compatible with the linux servers. Bluehost uses CentOS because it has the lowest cost and is the most stable one.
While in the shared hosting, the linux users cannot choose anyone except Cent OS 6.0. In the VPS hosting, the users can root the OS and choose the alternatives for the Cent OS. These alternatives include:
- Red Hat Linux
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- Intuitive cPanel: Bluehost has got the cPanel with all the icons clearly visible and you can manage everything right from the domain, subdomains, accounts and emails. You can also view the statistics here.
- 100% Secured: Bluehost servers as well as its data centres are monitored 24/7 by the team of experts. Also, the directories in your site are password protected. Hotlink protection in bluehost allows you to prevent the other websites to directly link pictures or files from your website. You can also block the specific IPs by IP blocking.
- Redundant Hardware: The servers for the bluehost are Dual Quad-Core Xeon powered Servers. The hardware for the bluehost are super scalable and are fully optimised.
- Flexibility: Bluehost gives linux hosting for all types of hosting; shared, VPS and Reseller. Each kind of hosting performs efficiently and are available at affordable prices.
Linux Shared Hosting
Linux VPS hosting
Linux Reseller Hosting
- Extra for add-ons: It is clearly specified that the Bluehost will charge extra for some services such as add-on domains ($15.99 per year), domain privacy and dedicated IP.
- No Free SSL Certificates and No Free migration
GreenGeeks was started in California. It currently hosts 35000+ customers and hosts 300000+ domains. It has been in the industry for 10 years. Greengeeks runs on 300% renewable energy.
The Kernel system of Greengeeks with the account isolation technology gives the users their own secured virtualized file system. The linux secured servers makes sure that the accounts on its platform are free from malware or threats.
The most important point here is that GreenGeeks is solely a Linux hosting provider and it doesn’t give any Windows hosting. Thus, all the features for the GreenGeeks are for Linux users
- 99% Uptime Guarantee: The hosting provider has 4 data centres with 300% renewable efficient source of energy. The servers run on faster SSD drives which are 20 times faster than the traditional HDDs.
- Extras: GreenGeeks are well known for its bonuses and add-ons. It gives free domain with registration which wouldn’t be charged for lifetime. Besides this, it also gives freebies for the migration of your website from one host to GreenGeeks. You can also use its free website builder and after purchasing the plan, you will get free advertising credits worth $150.
- Affordable Pricing: The pricing plans for the GreenGeeks are reasonable and most importantly, it doesn’t charge you extra. Also, the company doesn’t force you to pay more than one year even if you want to. The shared hosting plan for GreenGeeks costs you $3.95 per month while the VPS hosting starts at $39 per month and reseller hosting would cost you approx. $20
- Easy for Newbies: Free site migration service and intuitive cPanel makes this web host a breeze to use. Easy installation of scripts as well as tools such as CDN, Spam assassin and SEO tools makes it an ideal choice for the newbies.
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Non refundable setup fee
- Difficult knowledge base
3. Inmotion Hosting
Inmotion Hosting is one of the most recommended linux hosting providers. It was started in 2001 and currently hosts over 300,000 domains. Its competitive pricing and data centre makes it an ideal linux service provider.
The shared and VPS hosting servers give the Linux Cent OS called Better linux whereas for the dedicated servers, it uses Pure OS version of Linux. Moreover, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution in Inmotion hosting is free of cost and also the most stable one.
- High Speed: The data centres are present along the east coast and west coast. The servers are installed with high speed SSDs which are highly optimizable than the traditional HDDs and 20 times faster.
- Web Design: The web design services for the Inmotion is quite intuitive and perfect for the small or medium sized businesses. You also have the flexibility to choose the servers among the Intel Xeon E3, E5 or Dual processors.
- Security: Severs are monitored 24/7 and are checked for the DDos attacks or any vulnerability is reported quickly. All the accounts have a private DNS which ensures no data is leaked. Spams and viruses are checked regularly by advanced firewall systems such as ModSecurity.
- Apps Support: Inmotion supports over 400+ apps. You can integrate a number of web applications with your website such as seo tools, spam assassin, social networking apps and many more. It supports PHP as well as Python language.
- Higher Renewal price
- Large Discount with longer duration plan
Liquiweb was found in 1997 and are one of the fastest in the web host industry. It has four data centres with Intel Xeon servers. It provides hosting to over 15000 customers.
- Flexibility to choose: What’s more better here is that the users have got the flexibility to choose among the number of servers. There are almost 12 server plans to choose from which makes it one of the best dedicated server option. You can either choose a single server or a dual core server for better performance. If you still want your customised server, you can create your customised solution by paying bit higher.
- Speed: It has 3 data centres; US East, US West and Netherlands. Each of the data centres have four servers which are Intel Xeon servers. The servers are super fast and are installed with free CDN (content delivery network). It has also a Gigabit Uplink to ensure faster page load. Thus, it offers 100% Uptime in its dedicated hosting plans.
- Cloud Dedicated: LiquidWeb gives the cloud bare metal service with power of dedicated server and the provisioning of the cloud platform. These servers are fully scalable and are available with LINUX as well as Windows server. You can either choose a single processor or a dual processor.
- Customer Support: They have got one of the best customer supports in the industry. While in the live chat, you can talk to a human, there are many helpline numbers for customer assistance. They are quiet responsive and helpful.
- Liquidweb linux web hosting service is slightly expensive than the other hosting providers in the industry.
- They also charge extra for add-ons which becomes a bit pricey.
Started in 1998 and one of the cheapest in the industry, iPage web hosting gives a lot of features at low pricing. What makes it more flexible is that it has different features for LINUX and WINDOWS hosting.
iPage is different from its competitors when it comes to linux hosting services. In contrast to web hosting hub, siteground or bluehost which runs LAMP setup, iPage runs Debian Lenny 5.0 on UNIX platform with their shared hosting. In the VPS and dedicated servers, they use Cent OS 6.5 version. Debian is more stable than CentOS 6.0 which makes it better for choice.
- Speed: With 2 US based data centre, iPage guarantees 99.99% Uptime and withstands the promise. They are fitted with Cisco routers which makes the servers more optimised. The VPS servers use caching tool W3 cache and Jetpack to load the pages faster.
- Customer Support: iPage has valuable customer support team. They have wide knowledge base with different grids arranged in sorted manner. The articles are explained with the screenshots. It has live chat as well as phone support system. The customer support team is responsive and helpful.
- Marketing tools: If you are a newbie, iPage gives you the best guide for making your website. It gives professionally web design tools such as the web builder with a number of templates making it mobile friendly. Along with this, you will also need advertising for your website. Thus, it gives PPC credits and tools as well as the SEO friendly content and backlink tools for your website.
- Low Pricing: The shared hosting for the iPage costs as low as $1.95 per month with iPage discount coupons. The plans for the VPS as well as dedicated servers are low too. The wordpress hosting starts at as low as $3.75 per month.
- Upsells: No one likes add-ons. iPage offers a number of upsells on checkout which makes it frustrating for the customers.
- No email support
Cloudways is basically a cloud platform founded in 2011. It offers the best managed and cloud hosting services with a number of servers to choose from. It currently has 31,284 active cloud servers and 102,248 running web apps on it.
Cloudways is solely focused on the linux web hosting. It runs on the Debian OS making it more stable and more responsive as compared to others.
- High Performance: The high performance of the Cloudways is fairly attributed to its caching technology ‘Thunderstacks’. Its servers are installed with advanced caching technologies such as Memcached, Varnish and Nginx and Redish to deliver expedited responses. The availability of 17 different cloud servers makes it more efficient. In the wordpress hosting, Breeze- a free wordpress caching tool loads your page faster.
- Affordable Pricing: One of the best features about Cloudways is that it gives hosting on different cloud servers (digital ocean, AWS, Google cloud and Vultr and Kyup.) The linux hosting comes for as low as $10 per month. You just need to pay for the services that you have used.
- Ease of Use : Everything right from the setup of cloud hosting to use of the servers is breeze with cloudways. Even a newbie can manage and run its hosting account with ease. One click installers, the Cloudways cPanel and choice of cloud servers makes it easy and reliable to use.
- Secured: The reason why cloudways is the best linux hosting provider is because of its secured services. The free SSL certificate available with all the plans, SSH access and free CDN which makes it optimised as well as secured are a big plus. You can have nightly redundant backups with just one click.
- No root access available
- Only 14 day money back guarantee
- Only PHP applications are supported
Started in 1997, it currently hosts over 1.5 million websites. It has 4 offices in US with data centres available at the east coast and west coast of the US. Lately, it has introduced the cloud computing service for the users.
- Excellent Performance: With 100% Uptime guarantee, Dreamhost’s hosting has been recommended best for the e-commerce sites or sites with fairly high traffic. The hosting is completely managed where you don’t need to worry about the configurations or setup. The servers are monitored 24/7 by the team of experts. For every downtime, it gives free credits too.
- Security: The servers run on RAID 1 storage which offers larger storage and makes sure no data is lost. All the hosting plans have Free SSH access, SSL certificates, protection against the DDoS attacks and regular backups and updates.
- Free credits: Dreamhost gives free services and add-ons with its plan. While it gives free domain registration with each plan, you will also get the SSL and TLS certificates free of cost.
- Easy Website Builder: If you are a newbie, you would definitely need the website builder. Dreamhost’s website builder is easy to use with a number of features. Under one plan, you can create as many as websites you want to. Also, you can update your titles and meta according to the SEO. There are no limits of how many pages you add.
- Extra cost for some features
- Poor Customer Support
- Difficult to use cPanel: Though dreamhost has tried to stand out by offering its own cPanel, it makes it complicated for the users to manage your accounts and websites.
Founded in 1997 in Baltimore, GoDaddy is one of the most experienced and well known web host in the industry. It currently has over 17.5 million customers while it hosts over 76 million domain names.
GoDaddy has separate Linux as well as Windows server. The servers are fully compatible with the Linux OS. It also protects your site 24/7 by virtualized file system.
- cPanel: GoDaddy’s linux hosting cPanel is easy and customer-friendly. Also, it offers the site builder with all the friendly and easy to use tools. You can edit or add DNS also using the web manager. The server can be easily setup and is provisioned within minutes.
- Pricing: The Linux web hosting plans for GoDaddy have different pricing plans. With different configurations, the prices vary. You can choose any one out of 4 different plans. It starts with as low as $2.49 per month.
- Flexible: You have the flexibility to run your dedicated servers on Linux as well as the Windows server. Both of the configurations give faster processors, intuitive cPanel, redundant storage and Site backup.
- Heavy discounts on both Linux as well as Windows plans.
- Customer Support: The customer support team of GoDaddy is not as responsive as other dedicated hosting providers. There is no live chat option available for the customers. Moreover, there is no email or ticket support system.
- It only gives a 2-day money back guarantee.
Siteground started in 2004 in Bulgaria. It currently hosts over 1,000,000 domains and it offers the best CMS hosting and easy scripts installs. The customer support of Siteground is above the expectations.
They run on Linux Cent OS with all the hosting plans. The OS gives the most stable platform even in unstable conditions. Also, there is everything regarding the cent OS in the knowledge base of Siteground. If you are running an unmanaged server, then you have the flexibility to run any distribution including Ubuntu, RHEL, Debian, Gentoo, Arch, or Fedora.
- Multiple Locations: You have the flexibility to choose any one out of 5 data centres across the globe. All the data centres are equally efficient and have access to free CDN for better local speed.
- Fully Managed Servers: Siteground’s servers are fully managed. You don’t need to setup or monitor your server. All the tasks such as set up of server, updating and monitoring the servers, creating backups or fixing the issues are looked after by the company.
- 24/7 Support: Though the servers are fully managed, still customer support is vital for the functioning. Siteground is certainly one of the best hosting providers because of its responsive live chat, phone and email support. Furthermore, you can reboot or diagnose your server on request.
- Handy Software: You can further use the geeky software at no cost. You can integrate your server with these software. Install any software such as Cloudfare CDN, Joomla or WordPress, Joomla or WordPress staging environment or multiple PHP versions.
- Limited plans
- Small storage space
10. WebHosting Hub
WebHosting Hub is a specifically targeted for the small or medium businesses. It fits in the every type of hosting including e-commerce, blogs and custom websites. It has 2 data centres along the east and west coast of US. It currently has 40,000 customers.
WebHosting Hub runs on Cent OS 6.6 which is the latest version of Cent OS. The reason why it is best is because it is too cost efficient and is the stable one. The result is that it has better uptime and good performance.
Linux Web Hosting Platform
Linux is an open source platform based on Unix, which is used for hosting websites. Linux has a significant feature called Lamp. Lamp stands for Linux platform, Apache Server, MariaDB/MySQL database, andPHP/Perl/Python language altogether. Lamp denotes the combination of server and software technologies that are open source. Hence, Lamp helps Linux hosting in providing an optimal solution with the limited expense.
You can get FTP access by using Linux and Windows both. FTP, File Transfer Protocol, helps you to upload files from your hard drive to the server. However, Linux is unique because of SSH provision or TELNET Access, which helps in the interpretation of user data over TCP (Transmission Control Protocol). Also, using CGI, it can assist you with the application on the browser.
Advantages of Linux/Unix Hosting
Few benefits of Linux Web Hosting are as follows:
- Stable and Secure: Linux is known to be most stable and reliable platform.
- Easy Backups: Linux has in-built tools for the best in class and easy backups. Regular data backup for a website is crucial.
- Basic Plans: Linux hosting offers an array of programs like CGI (Common Gateway Interface) scripting, FTP access and MySQL along with SSH access and email services.
- Simple Administration: Linux provides simple administration without the help of external software or tools.
- Technical Support: Linux offers a reliable and significant technical assistance service along with all the troubleshooting facilities for its users.
- Low cost: Linux as an open source platform does not charge much regarding software and setup. It has low monthly prices that make it a preferred solution.
Disadvantages of Linux/Unix Web Hosting
Some of the disadvantages of Linux Web Hosting are:
- Domain Knowledge: Inadequate knowledge about Linux or Unix is a big disadvantage.
- Compatibility: All the websites that are developed on the Windows platform may not be compatible with Linux.
Most Widely Used Web Hosting
Unix is a stable and a versatile platform, which is perfect for the virtual hosting. It is preferred by the majority of people. You can also choose Unix web hosting, based on your requirements for the website.
UNIX and Linux web hosting both are well-known and reliable platforms.
Linux hosting is synonym to the shared hosting. Due to its flexibility and affordable prices, most of the people prefer Linux web hosting for their websites. Linux web hosting is compatible with PHP with MySQL that supports scripts like phpBB, Zen Card and WordPress.
- How To START A Blog
- List of Top Best WordPress Hosting
- The Cost of Starting a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog
- Popular Web Hosting Companies Offering Free Domain Service
Conclusion: Best Linux Hosting Services 2021
In the end, we would like to conclude that the hosting you want to select depends primarily on the built of your website and the type of technologies your site requires. For example, if you are starting a blog having WordPress or setting up a forum online using PHP, then the best solution to your needs is Linux Web Hosting. Similarly, for .NET and MS SQL website, you need a Windows based hosting. However, Linux has come out as one of the preferred hosting platforms.