Writing is all about being confident about your grammar and literary skills, which are important prerequisites in the field of web content and script writing. Bloggers and businesses today are always on the hunt for skilled and efficient content writers who hone their craft and are capable of writing high quality and unique content for websites.
Blogging is the art of writing one topic in 5 different ways. So we recommend that writers cross-check and refer to other posts regarding the topic they choose, shortlist the highlights, use the best facts and tailor the content for their own audience. Always craft your content in such a way that it doesn’t look plagiarized or repetitive. It should be authentic.
Use of writing tools
To ensure high-quality and unique content, writers are always in search of effective and reliable tools, apps and software to help improve their writing skills. There are numerous popular online tools like Grammarly, Evernote and Hemingway Editor that help writers correct the spelling and grammar mistakes in their content.
Today, I’m going to brief you about another such writing tool that has become increasingly popular over time and deserves some attention. Here is a quick review of this new tool called ProWritingAid.
ProWritingAid : ProWritingAid Review 2021 Pros & Cons
ProWritingAid is a writing tool that offers some very advanced editorial features to its users so their writing can reach an all-new level. More than just an editing tool, it is an all-in-one tool that also highlights style issues and compares your writing to the best writers in your genre.
It also gives you a thorough plagiarism report to ensure uniqueness of your work. The tools can be used directly on the ProWritingAid website or integrated into Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Scrivener or Google Chrome.
Exceptional writing depends on much more than just correct grammar. ProWritingAid first examines your piece of writing completely and then produces reports on issues such as hackneyed words, style of writing, sentence length, grammar, and duplicate words or phrases.
- Beginners Guide to Copywriting- How it should be done
- How To Do Distraction Free Writing
- Crucial Editing Tips to Help You with Blog Writing
- Sponsored Reviews:Earn Money by Writing Honest Reviews
The tool has a very intuitive and easy-to-use interface. You can simply open its web interface, paste your content into the window given, and then click on the “Analyze” button at the bottom of the webpage. You will get a list of the problems with a red “X,” while good areas of content are marked with a green tick.
ProWritingAid has many tools and features which suggest improvements to your writing. It will flag issues with:
- Overused words and phrases
- Sticky words
- Sentence length
and has great tools for improving your writing, including:
- Combination report (for running multiple checks together)
- Thesaurus (for alternative words you might use)
- House Style check (for consistency across documents)
How ProWritingAid works?
One of the best things about ProWritingAid is that it has a very easy-to-use interface that provides all of its useful options at your fingertips.
First, you need to register yourself on ProWritingAid.com – only registered users can use this tool. This provides customers with three types of registration options, “ProWritingAid Free”, “ProWritingAid Premium” and “ProWritingAid Premium Plus”.
Choose the best plan according to your requirements, and then start editing. You can use online tool for free, or download the desktop application with Premium membership.
The desktop application of ProWritingAid is compatible with Markdown files, allowing users to import, edit, and export back to their file type after editing. So the application provides fastest and convenient way of editing.
Here is a quick step-by-step breakdown for this workflow:
- Run ProWritingAid and create a new Markdown file.
- Navigate to the Ulysses sheet, choose a text passage, and use the “Copy as Markdown” option available on the “Edit” menu.
- Paste into ProWritingAid.
- Go through the report issues one by one, editing within ProWritingAid.
- Once that is done, choose and copy the edited text.
- Paste the edited content back to your Ulysses sheet. You can use the “Paste from Markdown” option from the “Edit” menu.
Why you should use ProWritingAid?
Here are 6 quick reasons why you should use ProWritingAid over other writing or editing tools on the market.
1. The Writing Style Report
This report deals with weak readability issues such as passive voice and duplicate sentence starts.
2. The Grammar Check Report
This report is something pretty similar to the word processor, but contains some advance options.
3. The Overused Words Report
This report works to find the problematic words that can be categorized as:
- Too Wishy-Washy
- Telling Rather Than Showing
- Weak Words Dependent on Intensifiers
- Nonspecific Words
- Awkward Sentence Constructions
4. The Sticky Sentence Report
This report is about the most commonly used articles, prepositions, and conjunctions that obscure clarity when used too frequently.
5. The Sentence Length Report and Pacing Check Report
Used together, these provide complete information on sentence variety, with a bar graph displaying the pace of your prose.
6. The Sensory Check
This highlights words and constructions that engage the five senses.
These are just our favorite reports but there are 25 reports in total so find the ones that work best for you.
Pros & Cons
While ProWritingAid is packed with lots of features which are very easy to use, it also has a few limitations that can’t be ignored. Here is a quick list of the important pros and cons you should know about this tool.
- It’s not just about grammar and spelling; it examines your content from several different editing viewpoints.
- You can add it into MS Word.
- Available for free.
- Available for online, download and add-in.
- A tool for everyone; useful for students, businesspeople, and technical writers alike.
- Sometimes using the “Help” function is a bit difficult.
- Some of its reports are hard to understand.
- You need a fast internet connection to use the add-in version.
Plans & Pricing
ProWritingAid is recognized as the most cost-effective writing and editing tool in its class at this point. What makes it one of the best is that fact that the developers did not compromise on quality in an attempt to cut down on its price.
You may also like:
- 4 Engaging Types of Videos That Make Great Blog Content
- How to Plan Your Content Marketing Budget in 2018
- The Smart Blogger’s Guide to Publishing More (and Better) Content
- CDN 77 Review: Affordable Content Delivery Network For Content Needs
The tool offers 4 different plans for customers to choose from. The good thing is that all the plans have the same features and services, but are priced differently according to time period:
- 1 year: $50.00
- 2 years: $75.00
- 3 years: $100.00
- Lifetime: $175.00
ProWritingAid also offers a limited free trial version for you to try out their services. Visit their official website www.prowritingaid.com to learn more about their features, specifications, prices and more.
Get 20% using BloggersIdeas exclusive coupon for ProWritingAid Tool. Use our promo code BLGIDEAS18 and save 20% on purchasing ProWritingAid.
CONCLUSION! ProWritingAid Review 2021:
The world of writing, blogging, and online courses have led to the advent of numerous writing and editing tools that help enhance one’s writing skills. Exceptional writing depends on much more than just correct grammar and ProWritingAid provides you with just the right tools to make your writing exceptional.
Within a short time of its launch, ProWritingAid has over 500,000 authors, editors, copywriters, students and professionals who already use this tool to improve their writing.
So if you are looking for one powerful and cost-effective tool that gives you all the necessary features like spell check, grammar check and plagiarism report, then ProWritingAid is the tool for you!