In this article, we will discuss How To Find Traffic Generating Blog Post Ideas Using Semrush 2023
What is the hardest thing for most bloggers to get good at?
You said, “Use Semrush to come up with ideas for blog posts,” which is exactly what you said.
Even now, it’s still one of those things that takes me a long time. To be honest, it’s really hard to come up with blog post ideas that draw people in.
If you’re like me, you’ll enjoy this post and learn a lot from it. With Semrush, it’s easy to find ideas for blog posts that get a lot of traffic, as we’ll talk about in this article.
Want to find out more? Let’s get started without further ado.
How To Find Best Traffic Generating Blog Post Idea Using Semrush
Quick Note: For this session, we will be using Semrush. Take advantage of SEMrush’s 7-day free trial to get the most out of this guide to finding blog post ideas that will increase your search traffic and sales.
1. Analyze the position of your keywords currently
Before you can use Semrush to find blog post ideas that will get a lot of traffic, you need to know where your keywords currently stand in Google’s search results (you must know where you presently stand).
Even though there are many tools that can tell you how your keywords rank right now, only Semrush gives you accurate information.
In the search field on the Semrush dashboard, type the URL of your website, and then click on Search. Go to Organic Search and click on the big blue number under it, or click on “Organic Research” in the sidebar on the left. Here’s an example of how it might look.
It tells you where you stand in the search engine results based on the keywords you choose. In the picture above, you can see your keyword’s ranking as well as analytical data like the number of searches, the percentage of traffic, the percentage of costs, and the level of competition.
Now that you know where you stand compared to your competitors, you need to find out how they’re doing. To see this information, go to the same report and type the name of your competitor into the search bar at the top.
If you don’t already know, the Organic Research Rivals report will tell you who your content website’s competitors are based on keywords that rank often.
As soon as you know the domain of your competitor, go to the Organic Positions report for that domain. You can find out which keywords work best for them in this section. You can even find out which keywords bring the most people to their website by sorting this by Traffic Percent.
From the report, analyze the following two points:
- Are any of these key phrases relevant to your website?
- As well, look for keywords in this report that aren’t already on your list of keywords.
Choose a keyword that best describes what your site is about. Click the keyword to see the Keyword Overview report.
You can use this free tool to find out how many people search for a term and how many results there are. Now that you’ve found a good search term, you might try to narrow it down even more.
The Phrase Match and Related Keywords reports are very helpful if you want to find even more specific ideas. It gives you suggestions for keywords by comparing the one you searched for to a list of other keywords. It also shows terms that don’t get as many searches but are more likely to be used by the people you want to reach.
You can use the Phrase Match report to look for long-tail keywords. It will help you get higher rankings for more specific keywords and give you a better idea for a blog post.
2. Explore Long Tail keywords
If you find out which keywords are getting a lot of attention for your competitors, you may be able to increase search engine traffic to your blog and create interesting content based on those keywords.
Enter any seed term related to your niche into the Semrush keyword search box. “SEO hints” come into play here.
The number of times this keyword was looked up is shown in the graph above. You’ll find out how the keyword has changed in the past and how it is changing now. You’ll also find out about organic and paid search opportunities, phrase match, and related keywords.
See the full study for a more in-depth look. In the full report, you’ll be able to see relevant and popular search terms. One way to do keyword research is to target the search volume.
With Phrase Match Report’s PPC feature, you can find out about a certain term’s keyword difficulty, proposed CPC (in USD), competitive density, number of Google results, and trend.
When doing keyword research, it’s important to remember that you have to look at things like the number of searches and how hard the terms are. If you can’t find a lot of interest in a certain keyword, you might want to write an article that focuses on a few different keywords.
During your free trial, Semrush will only give you a certain number of keyword ideas.
3. Solve a common issue
In addition to discovering fresh content ideas, you will be able to rank high in the SERPs when you use Semrush. In order to complete this task, you must follow these steps.
- Choose your competitor: Make a list of the most popular blogs in your niche on a spreadsheet. Now, go to the search box on Semrush and type each one in by itself. From the “Domain Analytics” menu on the left, choose “Organic Research.”
- Apply filters: Before you can look at your competitor’s data, you’ll need to add a filter to it. After using the filter, you can now see all of the keywords that your competitors are using to rank. With each filter, you’ll know more about how competitive each term is and how likely it is that you’ll rank well for it.
- Sort it: Most of the time, Semrush sorts the results by traffic so that branded terms show up at the top. Check Semrush’s Keyword Difficulty. If you’re not getting any results, raise it to 90.
- Spot the opportunity: Find a long-tail search that ranks on the first page and gets more monthly searches.
There’s a problem you’ve discovered. Use these three strategies to stay ahead of your competitors.
- Answer the question asked.
- Make high-quality content that is both useful and relevant.
- Don’t forget to include information and page titles that are related to your search terms in your search results.
Turn frequent problems into blog post themes that provide solutions to increase your site’s authority.
4. Semrush SEO ideas tool
Bloggers are lucky to have the SEO Ideas tool. Your website’s goal word may be clear, but you don’t know how to use it. You’ll get exactly what you need with the SEO Ideas tool. Using data from Position Tracking and Site Audit, the SEO Ideas tool will suggest words to use in your content based on who is currently ranking for the keyword you want to target.
- There is a complete and well-organized list of things you can do to improve the rankings of some pages on your website.
- It gives you a step-by-step plan for how to improve your page’s ranking for the top 10 Google keywords that you choose.
- Using SEO strategies from your competitors and research data from Semrush, the SEO Ideas tool comes up with ideas that can be put into action.
- Check out the Detailed Analysis report if you want to do your own study using the automatically collected data. This analysis compares the results of your top 10 competitors with the results of a chosen landing page to give you a full picture of how well the page is doing.
- You’ll be given a list of keywords that are related to the text you’re writing in a logical way.
- You can link Google Analytics to get ideas for how to make your pages better for users.
- The Semrush SEO Ideas tool can help you decide where your keywords should go in your text.
5. Find content ideas
Perhaps you’re wondering how to generate article ideas using Semrush. If you dig deeper with Semrush for an eCommerce site, you might find more content ideas.
You can use any search term to find a lot of information that can help you come up with ideas for blog posts.
By looking at the “phrase match report” and the “associated keywords report,” you can quickly make a list of keywords. When using the Semrush data, this makes it easy to see the “phrase match” and “similar keywords.”
As you can see above, the “similar keywords” bring in a lot more traffic than the “phrase match” keywords.
Look at the search terms that the top-ranking sites use and where they get their traffic to get more ideas for content marketing. Run a full report to get great ideas for what to write.
6. Spy on your competitor’s top ranking keywords
Using Semrush, you can find out which of your competitors’ ads and keywords are making them the most money. If you use this tool, you can see what keywords your competitors are bidding on and what ads they are running right now.
Look at your competitors’ “Ads History” to see what keywords they are bidding on. If a competitor bids on a term, it means that they think it is a good and profitable keyword for them. If they’ve been bidding for a while.
Using a competitor’s location as a starting point, you can find out where a keyword ranks on any search engine. Semrush helps you find all of the keywords that your competitor is currently ranking for on any given web page.
Using Semrush to do research on the competition, you can find out what keywords your competitors are using to get the most search traffic. I wrote an in-depth tutorial about that, so check it out.
Semrush is without a doubt the best SEO tool for keeping an eye on your competitors’ top keywords and helping you get more traffic from search engines.
- Semrush Pricing: Which Plan Is Best For You?
- Semrush Vs Ahrefs: 🚀Which One is Best? (#1 Pick)
- SimilarWeb Vs SEMrush: Which Is Best For Website Traffic Analysis?
- SEMRush vs LongTailPro: Which One Is The Best? (#1 Reason)
- SEMrush Academy SEO Course Review
Conclusion: Traffic Generating Blog Post Ideas 2023
Semrush can help if you have trouble coming up with ideas for profitable blog posts. It’s one of my favorite SEO tools because it helps me do a lot of things, like research keywords, analysis of competitors, and SEO audits.
Instead of coming up with random topics for your blog from your own mind, focus on finding the RIGHT topics so you can get more search traffic. Semrush can be very helpful here because it gives a lot of information, like how much traffic a keyword gets, how hard it is to rank for, related keyword ideas, etc.
So, what do you think? Did this post about how to use Semrush to find ideas for blog posts help you? Do you have any questions? Tell us what you think in the comments.