In this post, we have featured MemberPress Review 2021 which includes detailed insights into the plugin So let’s dive in.
Are you willing to build a membership website? Are you interested to know more about these membership websites? Well, let me tell you one thing! MemberPress is a WordPress membership site that is on-trend in today’s market industries.
Here, I am going to give you a detailed MemberPress Review, for according to me, MemberPress is one of the best membership site plugin that I have come across. In this article, we’ll explore more about the MemberPress plugin and take a closer look at its services and all the facilities I’ve experienced personally.
Membership sites let you build up a premium content library and give access to only the members who have registered on your membership site. MemberPress can build a very strong and convenient WordPress membership website, that highlights superb features of WordPress and third-party services which also involves managing content, documents, and files.
You may see other membership site solutions creating confusion and mess but MemberPress is powerful and very easy to use that collaborates with your current WordPress Websites. If you are confused about choosing a perfect membership site. You are in the right place! Let’s go and know more about this perfect site and how it works, know its features in detail, pricing, and many more things.
If you are willing to create your own sustainable business online and need paid membership programming plans with the collaboration of a WordPress site, you need to have a look at MemberPress. It is one of the simplest and elegant plugins for making a membership site; it is more popular in recent markets because of its convenient setup and multiple integrations.
MemberPress is software that can help you build a paid organization and also consider built-in forum technology along with the membership sites. It is suitable for almost every WordPress plugin. It can easily run courses and work as an LMS plugin, along with the walled content it constructs a simple but effective membership website, it provides a subscription to your content.
MemberPress is basically a subscription plugin that creates but convenient for their customers to have access to content and technical items such as apps and e-books. It offers you the opportunity to develop, manage, and evaluate subscriptions with management and technical products.
Let’s jump into the article and know more about this amazing software and its excellent services.
- Want to get the best deals on MemberPress? Visit this article and check out the latest discounts and coupons for MemberPress.
How to create a membership website
- The most important aspect of creating a membership website is to have a basic idea and choose the best software that can cater to your requirements and provide the best services. The only way you can succeed in the membership website is to effectively channelize your resources and strategize your plan of action.
- This way with a full-fledged plan you can effectively portray your service to the users and set a mark on the market. Although creating a membership website is not difficult but it’s not easy either.
- It requires a lot of time and effort to create content and attract users to subscribe to your membership community.
- These step-by-step instructions will help you proceed to create a membership website on any software that caters to your requirements and your design-coding objectives.
MemberPress is a robust and easy to use plugin to build your courses online
Basic technical knowledge needed to use the tool, the Support is great too.
No Wocommerce integration available
MemberPress is a effective plugin to create membership site and run courses
How to use MemberPress
Creating a Membership Site
- The most basic step to begin a membership website is to choose the best software that can cater to your requirements. Although there is much software available for the same but membership websites need specifications like membership management.
- Membership plugin is the next step towards the construction of your membership website. You will have to install and activate the member plugin to set up the membership plugin for the websites. You can use the following order of tools to cater to your requirements – member press, membership, Add new.
- As soon as you start filling in details you will see packages and payment options. The usage is easy and very user-friendly. You can choose your package and pay for the subscriptions.
- You can also mention content about what makes your membership unique and special for the users.
- Once the first and the most crucial step is done the next one would be the registration of your membership website.
Under this tool, you can effectively customize your membership requirements according to your wills and fancies. You can customize various types of services and visuals like
- Edit the texts and buttons for your user interface.
- Create your unique thank you and welcome messages for the users.
- Customize payment methodologies and can use different digital services according to your preferences.
- Configure user information according to your choices.
- Make it as easy and personal as possible for users to feel involved and connected.
- Once the registration is established there are tools to optimize and effectively customize your website according to your choices and preferences.
- The permission tool will provide you with all those superpowers that will make your website unique to your qualifications and requirements.
This tool allows you to effectively manage the privacy and restrictions that come along with the membership. You can have complete control over the proceedings and involvement of users who have subscribed to your membership.
- You can control the amount of involvement of users.
- The content restriction according to your policies and claims.
- You can decide the eligibility criteria for the subscription.
- You can customize a pop-up message every time someone tries to enter the subscription restrictions without being a member of your service
- You can decide if users can have multiple subscriptions or not.
This tab will let you customize the information which will be visible on the Group page. the group page is where one can set up a comparison sort of page as shown below.
A preview will be visible on the right-hand side where you can how it appears.
- The reason why people choose MemberPress is that they have a lot of extra functionality and features. The ease of use and setting it up is really simple to get going with.
- It’s really easy to set up as well and there are some really powerful access rules. Everything is based on a kind of like an if-then sort of set-up where you could say this particular user post or this particular tag can be used where you can drill down everything.
- It is stable and secured to use and it is really simple to use. If you want to earn more money then you should try and use an advanced membership-site tool.
- As it is super easier to use and improve anything when you are measuring rather than consider doing changes in the dark.
- This will help you understand your finances, you can make more informed investment decisions, you can receive instant notifications, automate tasks and processes with the help of advanced reporting tools.
- You can also use Baremetrics, ChartMogul, ProfitWell, GTMetrics. Whether you want a quick review or an overview then I’d suggest you try out MemberPress Advanced tools.
Setting Up Access Rules
- Rules are very important because this is how you’re ultimately going to be able to lock down specific pages in your membership.
- One particular piece about MemberPress makes it a little bit different from some of the other WordPress membership site plug-ins.
- But in a way, I think it’s a good thing because instead of just having more generic settings you’re setting up something to be very specific.
- Based on specific types of access they can only get into certain pages so you know exactly how you will be able to set up modules one through four that have the affiliate profit loophole access.
- So, let me give you an example if we took modules of one of those main products pretty much.
- All I’m saying here is – the rule goes to a specific single page so you could actually tie this into something more specific you could do all content, you could do all posts and also you have lots of different options here
- But in my case, since my entire membership site was made up of pages I wanted to designate it by single-based pages and that’s how I designate this.
- So once you’ve created your memberships you can see they will show up so what I did was – I said to give access to members who have purchased affiliate profit loophole to module one introduction – what you do here is you can start typing in the page and it will pick it up out of all the other WordPress pages you have.
- Now also got your drip options here so you can enable that drip if you want to you know all people only to get access after a certain amount of time or expire that access after a certain amount of time.
- Then you can also set up what happens if someone accesses this page and they are not supposed to be so you have defaults and you can even put in custom messages if you like maybe they just get a page that says – login or maybe they just get something that is a custom message or you could just leave it as default.
- So this is something you want to keep in mind when you’re going through and setting this up. The biggest thing you will want to do is make sure that you give the proper access to the multiple membership levels if that’s something you’re using inside your membership.
Creating coupons for Discounts on your Membership plans
- What you can here is you can set up coupons and this is actually how you can give people third-party access using a third-party provider such as JVZoo or a Warrior plus.
- You can also create a random coupon code you will know it is generated.
- They get a 100% discount and there’s no trial you could set them upon a trial if you have been paid then it never expires and how many times you can use that coupon and what it applies to.
- So, this is something you don’t necessarily have to do again I think depending on the way you do this – you could either make the entire course fee or you could use a coupon and send them through that coupon.
- I decided to make the course free so there would be no confusion like people thinking that I need to use this coupon again if you are doing something where maybe you just want to offer a discount, in general, that’s gonna be where this comes in the play.
- You want to give a discount based on either a percentage or a dollar amount. You can also achieve this by setting up the type of options you want to choose if you’re not using dollars you could just set it up for currency then.
- This will ultimately change that where you can say how many times the coupon is going to be used you can also override a trial period.
- If you’re using some sort of trial on your membership you could override that with these coupons and you can also set expiration and then set what type of membership they get access to.
- So pretty straightforward once you have that you’ll get a specific ability that when they go through the access page to purchase the product.
- They just have to use that code so normally this is something where you’re not gonna get a special unique link.
- I don’t think you’re gonna give them the coupon code and then they enter that during the purchase process.
Setting Up Reminders for Your Users
- Reminders are pretty straightforward. If you wanted to have someone get reminded of something you could set that up. Let’s give you an example of this.
- So, we could say like this – If someone signs up you could just send them a reminder message or a welcome message.
- If a sign-up is abandoned you know maybe they don’t actually finish the sign-up process or maybe a credit card is expiring or you need to remind them that “hey, your credit card is expiring in a month. Please renew it properly.” So that’s kind of what this is utilized for.
- If you wanted to do something like – let’s see before a credit card expires – send a credit card expires reminder email to the user and you can go in and edit that and they give you a template where you can use it and a lot of that is already built-in so that’s one cool thing about this.
- So they’ve got some shorty codes that are added in they’re automatically gonna fill based on what they have and you can see there’s a link to update on their credit card information.
- So, this is a cool feature you could integrate after your subscription expires. You will find out there are some different ones for that. That’s more or less you get with reminders.
- If you’re going to be utilizing the in-built processor for payments then this is something you would want to utilize.
- Subscription management is one of the most fundamental tasks performed by a membership manager
- When it comes to MemberPress, In my opinion, gives you a kind of more administrative control by offering some sophisticated subscription management techniques
- Concerning my personal experience, you’ll be able to efficiently manage your subscriptions in the following ways:
- You can make partial refunds to your subscriber
- You can revise or change your membership terms or the price of your subscription but it will apply only to the new users. However, these changes will affect the existing users only on the expiry of their subscription or on canceling it.
- You’re enabled to manually manage your subscriptions and through this, you’ll be able to personally accept payments or you can offer a free subscription to your friend or an employee.
- You’ll be able to manually change a user’s subscription
- You can manually update the credit card details of your members or they will be able to do so on their account page if their subscription is still active. All future charges will be processed with the changed card.
- You’ll be able to manually change the gateway of your user’s subscription.
- Via Stripe, you can manually update the price of a subscription.
- MemberPress also offers you a bird’s eye view of your subscribers and their subscription-related details well-organized and powerfully analyzed and tabulated in your dashboard. Some of them are:
- Transaction ID/ Payment reference number
- Subscriber’s name
- Membership tier of your subscriber
- Payment date and time
- Expiration date and time
- Payment gateway
- Price of the plan
- Current nature of the member: Active/Inactive
Email marketing is an indispensable element when it comes to marketing your business, managing your memberships, and engaging in promotional campaigns. Whatever you might think of it, your membership platform will be incomplete without a robust, automatic email marketing system.
- Coming to MemberPress, enables you to integrate with some of the most popular, most authentic, and most powerful third-party email marketing add-ons.
- I’ve tabulated the plan-wise availability of email marketing add-ons as:
|No.||Available add-ons||MemberPress Basic||MemberPress Plus||MemberPress Pro|
MemberPress Affiliate Program with Affiliate Royale
Seriously, I’m speechless when it comes to describing this feature. Any thesaurus in this world becomes insufficient to cater to my needs at this point.
- MemberPress exceptionally integrates with Affiliate Royale, offering you a dynamic, well-built, and easy-to-understand dashboard directly in your MemberPress dashboard.
- Believe me, Affiliate Program and MemberPress are like soul sisters and you won’t be able to see such admirable integration anywhere. You’ll get the following features on Affiliate Royale:
- Affiliate data- full information about your affiliates, joining dates, commissions, and clicks
- Real-time, precise tracking of clicks
- Exquisite analysis of transactions made by your affiliates
- Payment and commission details
- Create affiliate links
- Email notifications
And so forth. However, if you’re using Basic or Plus plan, then you’ve to purchase Affiliate Royale and if you’re using Pro plan, then Affiliate Royale comes for free.
In my opinion, Affiliate Royale is one of the most glamorous and unparalleled affiliate management add-ons and you might not want to miss it!
Would you like to release your content in batches rather than releasing them altogether? If so, the content dripping feature offered by MemberPress will serve you the best.
- It will help you in releasing your protected content part by part.
- As far as MemberPress is concerned, you will be able to drip the following areas/contents:
- You can drip a whole page or a single post
- You can have simultaneous/Sequential dripping. I.e. If you want to drip a content after ‘X’ days a member registers and you want to drip another content ‘Y’ days after the same event, this feature helps. However, you’ve to set them separately.
- You can drip a certain part of a post or a page.
- You can drip certain items on your menu.
- In addition to that, you will be able to notify your members/subscribers of the dripped content.
- However, MemberPress doesn’t support automatic emails apprising your subscribers of the same but you will be able to integrate with third-party email autoresponders like MailChimp to trigger an email notice informing your subscriber of a dripped content.
- Along with content dripping, MemberPress also provides you with an expiration feature in which you will be able to expire content based on any rule you set.
- However, the expiration of the content works equally irrespective of guest viewers or paid subscribers.
- Similar to the content dripping feature, you’ll be able to set rules for the expiration of a whole page or a single post, a certain part of a post or a page, or items on your menu.
MemberPress Pricing | How Much Does MemberPress Cost?
I guess you might have gone through the features and after knowing its outstanding services, you might be interested in knowing about MemberPress Pricing details. Let’s have a look at its pricing details given below –
This pro subscription comes at the cost of $349 per year.
Features – It comes with 5 websites, unlimited membership, creation of courses without any limitations, involves affiliate Royale, add-ons (pro exclusive).
The plus subscription is one of the popular memberships of this software in the market. It costs about $249 per year.
Features – can use 2 sites, it runs with Authorize.net, retail corporate accounts, add-on (additional 10) and collaboration, personalize integration with Zapier about 1000s.
This subscription is best for the users who are beginners on this membership site, it costs up to $149 per year.
Features – access to one website, no limitation for members and content management, runs with PayPal and stripe, build and retail online courses, per year proper support and simultaneous updates, add-ons and collaboration (more than 10 add-ons available), free OptinMonster trial for at least 3 whole months and accessibility to OptinMonster trial, free TrustPulse trial for 3 months.
MemberPress Coupon Code & Discount
MemberPress if offering 10% OFF for limited time offer, Use the Coupon Code: 10OFF
- Related Read – WooCommerce vs MemberPress 2021
MemberPress Review: Pros & Cons
- Convenient and friendly setup
- Excellent personalized membership levels are available
- Allows users to make as many numbers of membership levels as required
- Availability of customized content dripping that is time-release feature and services
- Availability of personalized content expiration
- Integration is possible with various email retailing services and other devices
- Highly personalized coupons with add-on features
- Accessibility of segmenting the levels of membership upon the group
- Good and flexible customer service
- 100% money-back guarantee in customer dissatisfaction
- Problems arise in personalizing the forms of registration and login
- Sometimes, creating plugins is expensive and there is no option of lifetime purchasing
- Improvement is needed in built-in forum technology
- Inconvenience in billing techniques
MemberPress Reviews on Facebook
MemberPress Testimonials & Customer Reviews by Users
“I can’t say enough about how great MemberPress has been for our company: from its ability to drip content, to the great support … and more. I’ve built custom WordPress designs and used different membership plugins, and by far MemberPress has provided more services and better value for the price. A true “win-win” solution.”
“Having tried most membership plugins for client sites over the years, MemberPress stands out as a great combination of rich features but easy to use. I’m a big fan of the members’ self-serve dashboard, quick setup, reports, and the automated emails. And the fact that they offer excellent customer support is also a major plus. As a result, we use MemberPress for our own membership site and whilst I don’t believe there is always a ‘one-size fits all’ membership plugin, MemberPress is pretty darn close.”
“Over many years of building membership sites for clients, we’ve built many of them with MemberPress. Not only is the code good & clean but the plugin is easy to set up, the support great and the plugin is easy enough to use that our customers can manage their sites for themselves. This is why MemberPress has become our preferred membership solution.”
Here are some of the alternatives of MemberPress, which I considered to be mentioned as an option in this article –
Restrict Content Pro
Restrict Content Pro is quite a powerful membership solution platform that is best to restrict content on your blog or website in many ways, a great plugin to create a basic membership site, quick & easy to set up, a simple and lightweight tool, with its Pro add-ons you can also create a membership site with your specific requirements, like the magazine-style site and more.
It has everything you need to create a professional membership website. Get Started with Restrict Content Pro
Kajabi is another all-in-one platform and can be considered as the easiest platform for all business people for selling online courses. It is also considered to be the most effective alternative to MemberPress software. Kajabi provides you blog websites and an online course area that is very easy to use for learners as well as sellers. Get Started Now.
The webLink is another all-in-one platform to empower the business in the market, it has good and amazing quality, clear and easy work which is user-friendly, good customer service, it is one of the learning-based service providers online platforms comes out to be the best alternative of MemberPress.
The LearnDash Add-On is without a doubt the most easy-to-use and powerful WordPress LMS add-on. You can easily create complete online courses and membership sites on your WordPress site and make money from the sale. The add-ons have a number of functions for organizing the courses and their clients.
LearnDash is an extremely easy and super flexible WordPress LMS plugin. LearnDash has tons of integrations and advanced membership modules. Read our full Learndash Review & decide if you want to Get Started with LearnDash.
- BuddyBoss App Review 2021
- LitExtension WordPress Plugin Review 2021
- WPvivid Review: Can You Trust This Backup & Transfer WordPress Plugin?
👉What is MemberPress?
MemberPress is a WordPress premium plugin for managing and creating membership subscriptions and plans and for the website.
✅Is MemberPress free or offer any trial or demo?
No, MemberPress does not offer any free trial or demo.
✅Can you sell physical goods on MemberPress?
The Answer is No, MemberPress is not a shopping-related plugin and does not allow you to sell physical goods. It caters to selling membership subscriptions and plans for digital content.
✅Does the MemberPress offer refunds?
Yes, MemberPress has a 14-day money-back guarantee.
👉Can any WordPress theme be used with MemberPress?
Yes, MemberPress is software that protects and secures any kind of posts, pages, or types. It also creates front-end pages like product registration, login or sign-in, profile, accounts, and even pricing pages and in your desired theme without any limitation. Customization themes can also be used for advanced levels of users.
👉Which type of payment gateways MemberPress works?
It combines PayPal standard, PayPal express checkout, AIM AND ARB, and even stripe. These are the gateways that are secure and have full ability to charge for credit cards and also allow for PCI-compliant. Every gateway offers a mechanism for working in automatic payments.
👉Is it possible to secure videos with MemberPress?
Absolutely, yes. you can secure your videos with the Add-on known as MemberPress AWS. Some of the users of MemberPress are utilizing MemberPress with some conjunction such as Vimeo, Brightcove, Wistia, Viddler, and various video hosting features and services.
Conclusion: MemberPress Review 2021
Finally, we are at the end of this article. I hope you got a detailed and clear review of this powerful WordPress membership site called MemberPress.
Let me share with you some of my personal views after using this software! MemberPress comes out to be the most convenient software for me. As being a part of this WordPress user panel, I would say the software’s interface operates flexibly and very smoothly. There’s no doubt why this software comes out to be the popular membership site in today’s market industry.
The advanced which are highly technical can be easily handled with the help of MemberPress, customization is almost included in every feature of this software. I can customize my own coupons without any limitations and can have access to their expiry dates, collaboration with WordPress plugin, customized themes, and layouts, and also any WordPress themes can be utilized.
Another thing I like about MemberPress software is, it also includes LMS plugins along with the membership sites and its features and customer support are excellent as usual. Trust me! I found this software user-friendly and very interesting.
I’ve used so many Membership sites and this fits me best as I can combine my existing WordPress sites forums to it without any restrictions. The decision is yours to make! But I would say, you won’t regret using this amazing software.
WordPress membership site in 5 minutes with MemberPress