Ever wondered why you’ve never successfully landed a guest post or even if you’ve then why you’ve never done so on a popular blog? See, there are so many reasons for it and I am here to clear some of those. Make sure you read it, there’s no chance that you would like to miss this one if you’re trying to get into blogging.
So, without wasting any time further, let’s go on topic.
Where To Guest Post:
See, I’m not being rude or something but don’t waste your valuable time on guest posting on small or unpopular blogs. It’s complete waste of time. My own blog is not something big or popular and so I don’t even ask someone to guest post. Create a list about all the popular blogs in your niche and contact them one by one regarding your pitch.
Points to keep in mind:
*) Make sure you start from the most popular blog.
*) Start writing only when they accept your pitch or it will be a total waste of time if they don’t accept it.
*) Keep your article descriptive, brief and really informative.
*) Keep grammar to it’s finest (as much as you can).
*) Proofread the article again and again till you’re completely satisfied. This will help you in eliminating unnecessary text and also improving the article.
Also read : Benefits of Guest Posting
P.S: It’s not like what you think. You people believe that big blogs will only accept or consider you if you have a BIG portfolio and great influence, that’s incorrect.
Out of 100% your reputation and influence will only count like 5%, they look at your content (that’s what the rest 95% is about). So, have confidence in what you’ve written if not then doesn’t matter how good your content is, it will end up being rejected. Write golden content and you’re in.
What All To Ask After They Accept Your Post:
There are couple of things you need to DEMAND after the other blog accepts your guest post. Again, confidence is important if the Editor of the site is arrogant.
*) A follow up link with your author byline. (Make sure your author byline is brief and descriptive much so people visit you)
*) Ask for authorship ship credit if possible. It will help you become an authority in the eyes of Google and hence your blog will rank better.
*) Also, along with 1 or 2 links following your site, ask them to also add links to your social networks. (Will be explained later)
How To Get Maximum Out Of Your Guest Post:
Now, I’ll tell you how you can maximize your results and make it worth it to guest post.
*) Start building your email list.
-> It’s important. Even though, if the user takes time to visit your website then how will they remember you? No matter how great content you have on your site, people will not remember you so make the best out of their visit and have an opt-in form on your site. Add some appealing content (bonus) and make them subscribe your newsletter.
Also, make sure you’ve your auto-responder up with some good lines so the audience can trust you. Manipulate their psychology (positive).
*) Follow up people who share, like or comment on your guest post.
–> Possibly makes sense that if they’re sharing your guest posted content then they will share your content as well. Ping them on Twitter or Facebook. Also, visit their site if they have one and start reading, commenting and suggesting on their site. Slowly make some good reputation with them.
Make sure you don’t waste much time on this, exceptions are if the person is a influential person in your niche then follow them up and try make good relation with them because you know, if they recommend something on their social profiles or blogs then you’ll be bombed with traffic.
Also, make so good relation with them that when you request them, they may add a relevant post of your blog in their post and again a blast of traffic.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you don’t get arrogant with small or novice bloggers. They can help you a lot as well. My point was just to focus on popular one’s more. Also, don’t demand for too much. They may end up rejecting your post if you’re overwhelmed with pride. Just make a perfect balance and please them but don’t get too cheesy.